Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 70,590, Level: 82
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    70,590
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 439

    Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    With the Cyclones coming into Lincoln, the OWH has had a couple of articles on the Cyclones. Today they have a pretty decent one about the defense.

    Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald: Sports - Football: ISU grasps Rhoads' defense

    Yes, I know I spelled Herald wrong.


    Last edited by Cyclones_R_GR8; 10-23-2009 at 08:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 386,891, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,783
    Points
    386,891
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 557
    Given: 379

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    I watched the video of Bo. That man looks fed up and beat down. He really was sticking it to the reporters. I cant imagine how bad the fans have been treating him in Lincoln.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 185,752, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,372
    Points
    185,752
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 326

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I watched the video of Bo. That man looks fed up and beat down. He really was sticking it to the reporters. I cant imagine how bad the fans have been treating him in Lincoln.

    For there fanbase it will take more than just a win against ISU for them to be happy. They will want to win big.

    Luckily their D gets to face our offense with the two biggest stars injured.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 70,590, Level: 82
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    70,590
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 439

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I watched the video of Bo. That man looks fed up and beat down. He really was sticking it to the reporters. I cant imagine how bad the fans have been treating him in Lincoln.
    From what I hear around the office. The anger seems to be aimed more at Shawn Watson than Bo Pelini.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,019, Level: 90
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,697
    Points
    85,019
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones_R_GR8 View Post
    With the Cyclones coming into Lincoln, the OWH has had a couple of articles on the Cyclones. Today they have a pretty decent one about the defense.

    Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald: Sports - Football: ISU grasps Rhoads' defense

    Yes, I know I spelled Herald wrong.
    Wow, is Pelini always like that? Heck, we don't even have to go up early on these guys on Saturday. Just hold them scoreless int he first quarter and Pelini will explode and they should implode. he has preached execution all week. The look on his face says it might be a little more than execution



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 398,207, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,701
    Points
    398,207
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 342

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Last year, Watson was a motivational god. This year he is being trashed by Joe Baloney. How fast they forget. Maybe the running backs and qbs are not as good as they recruited in the past. Bo is mad becuase he cannot find a decent tailor in Lincoln.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 29,464, Level: 52
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,157
    Points
    29,464
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    You should watch Bo's TV show, he's not very comfortable at all in front of a camera.

    Yes, most of the anger if you want to call it, this week has been directed at Watson.

    Edit: Even during a TV commerical with Bo and his family pitching a backyard fence company, he had that scrowl on his face.


    Last edited by garn91; 10-23-2009 at 09:42 AM.

  8. #8
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    I actually kind of liked that interview. Maybe not the best from a public relations standpoint, but the man doesn't beat about the bush. He's focused on the job at hand, doesn't (seeming genuinely) care about what's being said from the outside, and was still respectful of ISU/opponent in the process.

    "A circle the wagons mentality?"

    "You guys can call it what you want, I don't care".

    That was great.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 8,590, Level: 27
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    389
    Points
    8,590
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones_R_GR8 View Post
    From what I hear around the office. The anger seems to be aimed more at Shawn Watson than Bo Pelini.
    Yeah, if they get rid of Watson, maybe they'll promote Barney Cotton. I hear he is a really good one!!!!



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,006, Level: 77
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,244
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,609
    Points
    62,006
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 133

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    I think our Defense > their offense



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,939, Level: 77
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,311
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,973
    Points
    61,939
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 91

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    I think he's just tired of all the stupid questions about whether the defensive players have earned their "blackshirts". People in this state are obsessed with that ridiculous tradition.

    "Have the players finally earned the blackshirts?"

    "The defense played poorly, will you take away their blackshirts in practice?"

    "What does the defense need to do to earn the blackshirts back?"

    Good grief people, let it go already. It's a stupid tradition that used to mean something to someone a long time ago. The coaches don't care, the players don't care - they're all just trying to win games. Stop clinging to the past and get one with your lives.



  12. #12
    Recruit
    Points: 5,837, Level: 22
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    76
    Points
    5,837
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    I think he's just tired of all the stupid questions about whether the defensive players have earned their "blackshirts". People in this state are obsessed with that ridiculous tradition.

    "Have the players finally earned the blackshirts?"

    "The defense played poorly, will you take away their blackshirts in practice?"

    "What does the defense need to do to earn the blackshirts back?"

    Good grief people, let it go already. It's a stupid tradition that used to mean something to someone a long time ago. The coaches don't care, the players don't care - they're all just trying to win games. Stop clinging to the past and get one with your lives.
    I disagree with this. He was the one that "took them away" and said the defense needed to earn them back. Now that the defense is playing well, I think it's only natural for the press to want to know whether he thinks they are good enough.

    It's a stupid tradition, but he was happy enough to talk about it when he could use it as a motivating factor. Now, he's suddenly furious that the press bring it up? He can't have it both ways.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,939, Level: 77
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,311
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,973
    Points
    61,939
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 91

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by sweaty7 View Post
    I disagree with this. He was the one that "took them away" and said the defense needed to earn them back. Now that the defense is playing well, I think it's only natural for the press to want to know whether he thinks they are good enough.

    It's a stupid tradition, but he was happy enough to talk about it when he could use it as a motivating factor. Now, he's suddenly furious that the press bring it up? He can't have it both ways.
    Good point, I had forgotten about him taking them away.



  14. #14
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    C.B.
    Posts
    129
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Omaha World Hearld article on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    Wow, is Pelini always like that? Heck, we don't even have to go up early on these guys on Saturday. Just hold them scoreless int he first quarter and Pelini will explode and they should implode. he has preached execution all week. The look on his face says it might be a little more than execution
    temper:

    bo = woody hayes (but not in talent).



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM