Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 146

CF Experts Pick'Em: Week 8

It’s time now for week eight of our expert’s pick’em here at CycloneFanatic.com. We learned a lot about our panel last week.

We learned that while Ken Miller is human. Kenny missed three whole games last week! Lucky for him, that was just as good as everybody else and better than most.

Our beloved former quarterback Bret Meyer is now in a real slump. Meyer went 2-for-6 last week while dropping three games behind the field.

Former ISU linebacker Adam Carper jumped WHO’s Steve Deace in the standings.

Meanwhile, Eric Murphy dropped a game on Miller, while I continue to struggle to represent the greatest website in the world. Let’s take a look at what the guys think about week eight of the 2009 college football season.

Updated Standings

KXNO’s Ken Miller, 36-16
    ABC 5’s Eric Murphy, 31-21
    WHO’s Steve Deace, 29-23
    ISU Football Alum Adam Carper, 30-22
    CycloneFanatic.com’s Chris Williams, 29-23
    ISU Football Alum Bret Meyer, 26-26

Ken Miller’s Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska - Clones keep it close, Huskers win it late.

Texas @ Missouri - Texas gets a scare but stays on track.

Oklahoma @ Kansas - Oklahoma can't fall below .500, can they? Sooners.

Texas A&M @ Texas Tech - This one's ugly, Tech big.

Colorado @ Kansas State - All of a sudden this is a bigger game, lets go with the Buffs.

Oklahoma State @ Baylor - Cowboys.

Iowa @ Michigan State - Is this the week it ends? Nope, Hawks.

Penn State @ Michigan - Could be the last time Paterno's in the "Big House", Penn State.

TCU @ BYU - Huge game, BYU 's BSC dreams kapput, TCU keeps theirs alive.

Eric Murphy’s Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska - Memorial Stadium has been a house of horrors for ISU. So far the Cyclones have shown no fear in snapping many long losing streaks, but a boy named Suh and crew are angry. Neb 24 ISU 14.

Texas @ Missouri - Texas wins another ugly game.

Oklahoma @ Kansas - Watching KU's defense try to stop ANY offfense is like watching someone trying to catch a locomotive with a butterfly net. Landry Jones may break his own 6 passing TD record. Sooners lower the Boom.

Texas A&M @ Texas Tech - Mike Leach is drooling after watching film of KSU putting up 60+ on the Aggies. Tech wins going away.

Colorado @ Kansas State - Now that Hawkins son is quarterbacking the intramural squad in Boulder the Buffs have life. So do the fighting Snyders after a big offensive outburst. I'll go with the home team in the "Game of the Week no one Cares About Outside of Manhattan and/or Boulder"

Oklahoma State @ Baylor - After getting a close look at Baylors backup QB I'd be hard pressed to pick the Bears to win another game.

Iowa @ Michigan State - The nation is waiting for Iowa to stub it's toe. It won't happen this week as the Hawkeyes win in East Lansing for the first time since the invention of the DVD.

Penn State @ Michigan - Joe Pa hates Michigan. He really hates playing in the Big House. He's gonna hate it when his teams fading Rose Bowl hopes go up in smoke.

TCU @ BYU- Footballs version of a BracketBuster. I'll go with the homefield advantage in this one.

Adam Carper's Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska - You put these teams in Ames and ISU comes away with the W but we've always had tough luck in Lincoln. Nebraska.

Texas @ Missouri - Texas continues to roll through through the conference before a big game next week in Stillwater.

Oklahoma @ Kansas - Oklahoma's ability to shut down Meier and Briscoe will be the difference in this game. Sooners.

Texas A&M @ Texas Tech - Let's see...Tech beat Kansas State by 52 and A&M lost to the Wildcats by 48. So Tech should win this game by 100 points right?

Colorado @ Kansas State - I can't get a feel for either one of these teams so I'll take my chances with the home team.

Oklahoma State @ Baylor - Oklahoma State just has too many athletes not to win this game.

Iowa @ Michigan State - Michigan State's offense doesn't pose enough of a threat to pull off the upset. Hawks

Penn State @ Michigan - Clark could have a big day and Joe Pa collects his 390th win

TCU @ BYU - The Horned Frogs prevail with a big win to secure a BCS bowl bid

Steve Deace’s Picks

Not sure Arnaud and Robinson play the whole game, so the streak continues...Nebraska 24, Iowa State 14

This game has letdown alert written all over it...Texas 28, Missouri 24.

Sooners just have better players across the board...Oklahoma 28, Kansas 20.

New quarterback same results for Red Raiders...Texas Tech 45, Texas A&M 24.

Wildcats get on a winning streak...Kansas State 31, Colorado 27.

This game has letdown alert written all over it...Oklahoma State 21, Baylor 20.

Which Sparty shows up?...Michigan State 21, Iowa 17.

Nittany Lions haven't beaten a team with a pulse yet...Michigan 28, Penn State 27.

Even game goes to the home team...BYU 23, TCU 21

Chris Williams’ Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska – There is no game on ISU’s schedule that I want to win more every year than this one. Nebraska fans make me want to vomit profusely. However, I’m in a competition here. I’m going with my head and not my heart. Nebraska 27, Iowa State 14

Texas @ Missouri – I don’t believe that Texas is the third best team in the country but I do think they’re better than Missouri. Horns 34, Missouri 21

Oklahoma @ Kansas – Oklahoma will respond to the Sam Bradford news as positively as possible. Sooners 31, KU 20

Texas A&M @ Texas Tech – Why am I wasting my time picking this game? Mike Sherman may be fired by halftime. Texas Tech 56, A&M 13

Colorado @ Kansas State – There’s no way that K-State will start of 3-1 in conference play. Give me Colorado 24, K-State 23.

Oklahoma State @ Baylor – I like the Cowboys big in this one. OSU 41, Baylor 13

Iowa @ Michigan State – Michigan State reminds me a lot of Wisconsin. Iowa will trail early and prevail in the fourth quarter. Hawks 17, MSU 9.

Penn State @ Michigan - I like the Wolverines in a bit of an upset here. Michigan 21, Penn State 17.

TCU @ BYU – The Horned Frogs have impressed me all year long. They have speed. I just think they’re the better team. TCU 27. BYU 21.

Bret Meyer’s Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska- Lincoln is by far the toughest place to play on the schedule. If Arnaud and A Rob are healthy we have a chance. My guess is they are, ISU takes advantage of the bad QB play at Nebraska. Clones win 24-20.

Texas @ Missouri- Texas struggles early after last weeks emotional win, but pulls away in the second half.

Oklahoma @ Kansas- Kansas lost to Colorado. Oklahoma wins big.

Texas A&M @ Texas Tech- Did you see the A&M score last week? Texas Tech

Colorado @ Kansas State-Kansas State wins again.

Oklahoma State @ Baylor- Oklahoma State takes advantage of Robert Griffins absence.

Iowa @ Michigan State- Worst offensive conference in the country. Might as well go with the best defense. Iowa wins another close one.

Penn State @ Michigan- Penn State is starting to play better on defense, Tate Forcier has a bum shoulder, Penn State wins on the road.

TCU @ BYU- TCU has Big 12 speed, BYU does not. TCU wins on the road.

Last edited by ChrisMWilliams; 10-22-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 27

Re: CF Experts Pick'Em: Week 8

I think we need an honorary CF bookie in there each week! See how we stack up! I vote Dags for next week.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 28

I hope Brett Meyer is right.

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

I love Bret Meyer, the man picks us every week!

Eternal Optimist

Pro
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 195

God bless Bret Meyer. Let's give em something to really boo about boys! Cyclones 31 NU 17

"I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."

-Humpty

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by clone136 View Post
    Not only that, but this may be the first week he's picked the Hox (other than I-AA contests). He threw a nice little back hand in there with the pick too.

Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

TheCity's Picks:

Iowa State @ Nebraska - I know the history but this is a different style of offense, Huskers dont fair as well against the spread. Let's go Clones!

Texas @ Missouri - Missouri is not playing very motivated, if Texas gets up early it will be ugly. Texas

Oklahoma @ Kansas - Oklahoma defense will prove too much for Kansas' 1 dimensional offense. OU

Texas A&M @ Texas Tech - A&M keep the bus running. Tech

Colorado @ Kansas State - Not sure Colorado can pull this one off. K St

Oklahoma State @ Baylor - No Griffin no glory. OSU

Iowa @ Michigan State - Iowa keeps finding ways to win, but MSU plays spoiler here. STATE

Penn State @ Michigan - I am a ForcierFan but Penn State has too much on offense. JoePas

TCU @ BYU - TCU too tough. Horned Frogs

This is how we FINISH STRONG!!!

Starter
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clone136 View Post
    He is and always be a clone!!

That is why I cant ever build up my cybookie credits!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Our beloved former quarterback Bret Meyer is now in a real slump. Meyer went 2-for-6 last week while dropping three games behind the field.

Ken Miller’s Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska - Clones keep it close, Huskers win it late.

Eric Murphy’s Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska - Memorial Stadium has been a house of horrors for ISU. So far the Cyclones have shown no fear in snapping many long losing streaks, but a boy named Suh and crew are angry. Neb 24 ISU 14.

Adam Carper's Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska - You put these teams in Ames and ISU comes away with the W but we've always had tough luck in Lincoln. Nebraska.

Steve Deace’s Picks

Not sure Arnaud and Robinson play the whole game, so the streak continues...Nebraska 24, Iowa State 14

Chris Williams’ Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska – There is no game on ISU’s schedule that I want to win more every year than this one. Nebraska fans make me want to vomit profusely. However, I’m in a competition here. I’m going with my head and not my heart. Nebraska 27, Iowa State 14

Bret Meyer’s Picks

Iowa State @ Nebraska- Lincoln is by far the toughest place to play on the schedule. If Arnaud and A Rob are healthy we have a chance. My guess is they are, ISU takes advantage of the bad QB play at Nebraska. Clones win 24-20.

Just end the competition now and crown Bret Meyer the winner. There has to be such a thing as bonus points.