Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 509
    Given: 48

Wesley Johnson

Saw State of the Nations on Mediacom connections. In that segment Steve Deace made the comment that he looked for big things from Wesley Johnson next year. Commented that Wesley would probably play the 3 position. IHO Wesley Johnson is an emerging Scottie Pippen Clone (pun intended).

I've thought that myself. Deace actually made the statement that Wesley would be one of the Top 10 in the Big XII next year. And that with the newcomers coming in ISU will be a force to be reckoned with.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 169

Re: Wesley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    Saw State of the Nations on Mediacom connections. In that segment Steve Deace made the comment that he looked for big things from Wesley Johnson next year. Commented that Wesley would probably play the 3 position. IHO Wesley Johnson is an emerging Scottie Pippen Clone (pun intended).

I've thought that myself. Deace actually made the statement that Wesley would be one of the Top 10 in the Big XII next year. And that with the newcomers coming in ISU will be a force to be reckoned with.
    Wesley should profit huge from the attention teams will have to pay to Brackins, the improving Jiri, and Taylor from outside/off tha drive...and hopefully Taylor will get to play the 2 pos. if Garrett or someone can play the point.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

im thinking taylor will be able to play more 2guard with Cory improving and possibly having Garret, Boozer (who i think is mostly a 2 but you never know) Dodie improving also, but with that said, Taylor can always improve too, and could be a guy to bring the ball up against pressure and then pass it up to run the offense

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 423

Cmoore hit it on the head.

Moving Taylor to the SG position will be great for him. The guy plays GREAT D, should be able to handle it BETTER by next year (although I never said handle it well), and really could be a force coming around screens hitting threes.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 2

I agree that Taylor being able to move to SG is the move that pushes this team into the upper division (and maybe more) of the Big XII. Here's what that would probably mean:

1. Way less turnovers per game for the team. Reduce TO's by 5 a game and you probably gain 5 ppg as a team minimum. (Potentially much more)

2. Mike can focus his offensive game and become more of a long range sharpshooter that can put the ball on the floor as well. I can see him running off some screens and bombing threes a la Willoughby.

3. We could use Mike as help bringing up the ball against pressing teams like Missouri.

Now all this assumes that someone can step up and be the guy that can run an offense. That may be McIntosh or Garrett, but it may not be anyone again. Then our best option will again be Mike, which is obviously not ideal. But I at least think our team will be at least three games better than this season, which will mean we will flirt with 20 wins or more, which I would take!

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Cmoore hit it on the head.

Moving Taylor to the SG position will be great for him. The guy plays GREAT D, should be able to handle it BETTER by next year (although I never said handle it well), and really could be a force coming around screens hitting threes.
    Are you talking about Taylor? You must be watching a different player than me or anyone else who sits by me watches. The guy gets blown by all game every game. He does not move his feet. He has been prone to foul trouble b/c he gets beat at first and reaches afterwards

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Are you talking about Taylor? You must be watching a different player than me or anyone else who sits by me watches. The guy gets blown by all game every game. He does not move his feet. He has been prone to foul trouble b/c he gets beat at first and reaches afterwards
    I don't think M Taylor is "great" at D either... Rhashan is my man on D!

"Seven minutes to glory."

Speechless
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 622
    Given: 390

Mike can be better next year on D - if he wants more PT.

Last edited by Wesley; 03-03-2007 at 10:06 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.