Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 23,730, Level: 47
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    illinoiscyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,702
    Points
    23,730
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Cedric Benson claims Bears tried to blackball him :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bears

    he claims he was blackballed by the bears. whether he was or not, he deserved to be.

    ''That I didn't work hard, that I was, I guess, a prima donna, just wasn't focused,'' he said.
    any casual observer that may not even know much about football who watched ced benson when he was in chicago could tell that he was dogging it and not trying at all after thomas jones left. that was one of the bears's biggest follies as of late. he just gets mah blood a'boilin.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    He sucked with the bears. Not blackballing him, just being honest.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 23,730, Level: 47
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    illinoiscyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,702
    Points
    23,730
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    whatever he is doing now is great, and im happy for him... but I dont know how he denies that he was a prima donna wit da bears.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 135,716, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    135,716
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    The Bears have some issues ... Orton and Benson get traded and both are playing lights out. Orton is a top 5 QB right now and Benson is a top 5 back.

    Couple that with the defense sagging, Urlacher out, Cutler being average and Forte putting up "Benson-esque" numbers and its a problem.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 277,337, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,489
    Points
    277,337
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 14

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    The Bears have some issues ... Orton and Benson get traded and both are playing lights out. Orton is a top 5 QB right now and Benson is a top 5 back.

    Couple that with the defense sagging, Urlacher out, Cutler being average and Forte putting up "Benson-esque" numbers and its a problem.
    I would still rather have Cutler than Orton right now.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 85,670, Level: 91
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,780
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigBake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U'dale
    Posts
    5,551
    Points
    85,670
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 36

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Does Benson not remember they traded Jones away to "appease" him? I dislike the guy even more now.

    Of course he's doing better in Cincy.


    Fanatic #25

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 355,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,900
    Points
    355,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by illinoiscyclone View Post
    Cedric Benson claims Bears tried to blackball him :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bears

    he claims he was blackballed by the bears. whether he was or not, he deserved to be.



    any casual observer that may not even know much about football who watched ced benson when he was in chicago could tell that he was dogging it and not trying at all after thomas jones left. that was one of the bears's biggest follies as of late. he just gets mah blood a'boilin.
    At the same time he was there the Bears had a fairly pedestrian pass offense which I think lead to his lack of production. Teams were shutting down the run and daring any QB on the Bears to beat them and they couldn't so Benson had little chance at success. I will buy that maybe he was a little lazy there but I wouldn't say he was the whole problem when he was there.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 355,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,900
    Points
    355,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I would still rather have Cutler than Orton right now.
    I bet the Broncos would disagree.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 277,337, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,489
    Points
    277,337
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 14

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I bet the Broncos would disagree.
    Ok? The trade has worked out for both teams because Orton is in a system he can succeed in.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 355,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,900
    Points
    355,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Ok? The trade has worked out for both teams because Orton is in a system he can succeed in.
    Until the Bears get a big time receiver, no QB is going to be fantastic there. Not Cutler, not anyone. I would say the Broncos are a lot like the Bears that went to the Superbowl. They play defense and get just enough points to win games.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  11. #11
    st8
    Guest

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Benson is complaining because when teams would call the Bears while he was a free agent and inquire about him, the Bears responded honestly! In no way does that constitute blackballing. If teams called about him and heard nothing but negative things, it's because there were only negative things to be said. If it was not true, he would still be in a bears uniform. The freakin dude got arrested multiple times, was injured for a while, and did virtually nothing on the field. This, along with tons of rumors regarding his work ethic. Benson is a dude with bad character who was unable to compose himself as a professional athlete should and act according to the Chicago Bears expectations both on and off the field. But now he's where he should be, on a team that doesn't care how many times you get arrested, how much of a bad character guy you are, and how big of a pre-madonna you are (i.e. Ocho Cinco and their dozen or so players with recent run ins with the law). Good luck Ced, glad you're not on my team anymore, and your resentment for the bears playing out in the media is only helping your image get that much better!!



  12. #12
    st8
    Guest

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Until the Bears get a big time receiver, no QB is going to be fantastic there. Not Cutler, not anyone. I would say the Broncos are a lot like the Bears that went to the Superbowl. They play defense and get just enough points to win games.
    The problem with the Bears right now is their questionable offensive line. hence the fact that they have absolutely no running game and have essentially become one dimensional. getting better receivers will not be the difference maker. The guys they have right now can get it done, but not if defenses only have to rush 4 guys and can then let everyone else drop back into pass coverage.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 9,891, Level: 29
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    785
    Points
    9,891
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Wow, lots of love for the Bengals in here



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 355,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,900
    Points
    355,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    Benson is complaining because when teams would call the Bears while he was a free agent and inquire about him, the Bears responded honestly! In no way does that constitute blackballing. If teams called about him and heard nothing but negative things, it's because there were only negative things to be said. If it was not true, he would still be in a bears uniform. The freakin dude got arrested multiple times, was injured for a while, and did virtually nothing on the field. This, along with tons of rumors regarding his work ethic. Benson is a dude with bad character who was unable to compose himself as a professional athlete should and act according to the Chicago Bears expectations both on and off the field. But now he's where he should be, on a team that doesn't care how many times you get arrested, how much of a bad character guy you are, and how big of a pre-madonna you are (i.e. Ocho Cinco and their dozen or so players with recent run ins with the law). Good luck Ced, glad you're not on my team anymore, and your resentment for the bears playing out in the media is only helping your image get that much better!!
    So will Ocho Cinco one day turn into Madonna or how does that work? I will agree the Bengals do have some character issues but Chad Johnson is the least of their worries off the field as well being their best play maker on the field. I wouldn't say Ced is a bad character guy to the extent I think Bears fans want to paint the picture. Is he a great person? Doubtful, but he's not Tank Johnson, Chris Henry or Pacman. I'm not a Ced fan, nor am I a Bear's fan but I think there was more to him not producing than just him.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 17,751, Level: 40
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,316
    Points
    17,751
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

    Re: Cedric benson is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I would still rather have Cutler than Orton right now.
    I'm a Vikings fan and I'm with you all the way on this one.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM