Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Hank III

I just got my tickets to the Hank III concert its Nov. 11 @ Val Air Ballroom doors open at 7 Im excited I've never seen him live (because I hate the House of Bricks sounds like a concert in my beat up old Tbird) but have always wanted to and a word to the wise get your tickets at Val Air they are an even $20 if you go through ticketmaster its round $27.

For those of you who dont know Hank he is the son of Hank Jr. grandson of Hank Williams Sr. His music to me is a mix of hillbilly country and hard rock, or referred to as Hellbilly. From what I understand he starts off with his country music with an awesome background band called "The Damn Band" amazing musicians. Than he will end it with his Metal band called A**Jack. I've heard its a really good show but wont know until I see it I guess.

Anyone else into Hank III?

YouTube - Long Hauls and Close Calls by Hank III - Hellbilly version

Occam's Razor means 'With all things being equal , the simplest explanation/answer is normally the right one'

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 204

Re: Hank III

Tony,

I have seen him a few times. He plays 2 different types of music. He will either come out and rock it pretty heavy or he will come out and play rock a billy. His heavy music is very heavy and took me by total suprise becasue I thought I was going to a rockabilly concert.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Speechless
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 86

I might have to go check this out. I like Hank III. Not a die hard, but I enjoy a few tunes of his. Like his style for sure.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

All-Star
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Tony,

I have seen him a few times. He plays 2 different types of music. He will either come out and rock it pretty heavy or he will come out and play rock a billy. His heavy music is very heavy and took me by total suprise becasue I thought I was going to a rockabilly concert.

Yeah i figured he would mix it up Im a big metal fan and old time country music fan so Ill probably like both. Does he get a decent crowd cause I noticed instead of HOB he is going to Val-Air a much bigger venue

Occam's Razor means 'With all things being equal , the simplest explanation/answer is normally the right one'

Legend
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 204

I actually saw him at Safari and Harry mary's when I worked at Safari. The funny part I thought was he did NOT mix it up. Both times he played 2 different styles. Kind of cool. THe first time I thought he would mix it up. I think he has 2 different back up bands. One that brings the pain and one that is more Social Distorition.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

All-Star
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

well i love hank III's 'country' tunes, but I hate his rock garbage. I've heard that he plays the 'country' stuff first and then tells everyone, "if you dont like metal, I suggest you leave because this is not going to be pleasing for you."

If he was playing one or the other, i would hate to buy 30 dollar tickets and have him play the metal junk. I would definitely pay 30 to hear his other stuff though, because he is about my favorite artist when he plays that.

sorry that is sort of all over the place but im trying to pay attention to class a little too, so i know that isnt really my most clear post.

Addict
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

I'm a pretty big fan of all of his stuff, and will probably have to find a way to get to this concert.

Dick in Dixie is probably my favorite country song in the world.
    Thanks for the heads up!

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by illinoiscyclone View Post
    well i love hank III's 'country' tunes, but I hate his rock garbage. I've heard that he plays the 'country' stuff first and then tells everyone, "if you dont like metal, I suggest you leave because this is not going to be pleasing for you."

If he was playing one or the other, i would hate to buy 30 dollar tickets and have him play the metal junk. I would definitely pay 30 to hear his other stuff though, because he is about my favorite artist when he plays that.

sorry that is sort of all over the place but im trying to pay attention to class a little too, so i know that isnt really my most clear post.
    Only 20 bones at the val air door 22 day of the concert

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by illinoiscyclone View Post
    That's pretty much the way every show he does is like that. I saw him at the M-Shop in '04 and that was the first thing he said the top of the show was he was going to do two shows, one kind of country, one kind kind of heavy. He'll do the country half and then come out with Assjack, his metal band. He originally wanted to play punk rock, but he was convinced that embracing his country heritage would open more doors. It's also been kind of interesting to read about his fight to get the Grand Ol' Opry to reinstate his grandfather.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Anyone else go to the show i think it was a great show did some covers of his dad's and grandpas songs and a johnny cash tune well worth the $20