Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 342,207, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,606
    Points
    342,207
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,412
    Given: 2,939

    Interesting read on Mike Marry

    CycloneReport.com - Marry enrolled, waiting for next year

    Too bad he didn't smarten up and chose the good guys. If he were here, he would be on the field.
    I am impressed with the strides that Ole Miss has made lately, but their intentional over-recruiting really makes me dislike them and their lack of real integrity.
    I understand that Gray shirting is not inherently a classless tactic. Iowa state has used it before for kids who were hurt or were on the fringe of getting full offers. However, to have a kid sign, expecting a full ride, when he could have a ride to 30 other schools, is pretty low in my book.
    I know there was talk around signing day last year about the NCAA looking at over-recruiting. Has anyone heard anything about it? Hopefully, Ole Miss' tactics will come back and bite them in the future. I guess that it might just be what it takes to make it in the SEC.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,174, Level: 90
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,174
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    The NCAA didn't chaneg its rules but the SEC did change the number of kids you could sign.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 69,531, Level: 81
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,457
    Points
    69,531
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 39

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    CycloneReport.com - Marry enrolled, waiting for next year

    Too bad he didn't smarten up and chose the good guys. If he were here, he would be on the field.
    I am impressed with the strides that Ole Miss has made lately, but their intentional over-recruiting really makes me dislike them and their lack of real integrity.
    I understand that Gray shirting is not inherently a classless tactic. Iowa state has used it before for kids who were hurt or were on the fringe of getting full offers. However, to have a kid sign, expecting a full ride, when he could have a ride to 30 other schools, is pretty low in my book.
    I know there was talk around signing day last year about the NCAA looking at over-recruiting. Has anyone heard anything about it? Hopefully, Ole Miss' tactics will come back and bite them in the future. I guess that it might just be what it takes to make it in the SEC.
    Sure would have been great to get him.

    I believe the SEC itself put in a rule to limit the number of LOI's that can be accepted. Go figure, the SEC policing itself.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 36,878, Level: 59
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Clonegrad07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,404
    Points
    36,878
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    So... are we going after him? He's eligible to resign! We would LOVE Mr. Marry to be a Cyclone!



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 87,140, Level: 91
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,132
    Points
    87,140
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Really if the kids foolish enough to get used like that and be okay with it, I don't really want him here anyway.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 342,207, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,606
    Points
    342,207
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,412
    Given: 2,939

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    The NCAA didn't chaneg its rules but the SEC did change the number of kids you could sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    Sure would have been great to get him.

    I believe the SEC itself put in a rule to limit the number of LOI's that can be accepted. Go figure, the SEC policing itself.

    Good to hear. That whole situation just ticked me off. How many can they sign now? I would assume it is more than 25 but less than the 30+ Ole Miss signed last year.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 218,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,374
    Points
    218,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 356

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    He is pretty book smart. That is all I will say.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 36,878, Level: 59
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Clonegrad07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,404
    Points
    36,878
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    He is pretty book smart. That is all I will say.
    Yeah... but does he want to come to Ames?



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 342,207, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,606
    Points
    342,207
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,412
    Given: 2,939

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    Really if the kids foolish enough to get used like that and be okay with it, I don't really want him here anyway.
    Houston Nutt really seems like a used car salesman to me. He might be a good coach and get results, but at what cost?



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 218,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,374
    Points
    218,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 356

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Yeah... but does he want to come to Ames?
    My thing is that he had 28 other offers and 30 offers all together and he is chosing to stay with a team and coaching staff that screwed him over pretty bad. So he is book smart.

    Houston Nutt really seems like a used car salesman to me. He might be a good coach and get results, but at what cost?
    Also Arkansas did nothing with him as coach and he pretty much ran off most of his good players. What he is doing at Ole Miss is with another coaches recruits who actually could not coach but could recruit.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 22,076, Level: 45
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dunar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    1,585
    Points
    22,076
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 22

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Good to hear. That whole situation just ticked me off. How many can they sign now? I would assume it is more than 25 but less than the 30+ Ole Miss signed last year.
    They are now limited to signing 28, which means they could still have to "get rid of" 3 when fall practice starts. 25 is the NCAA limit, and I'd bet that signing 28 covers your academic risks, etc. How many out of our class last spring didn't make it? At least 3 or 4, right (not all for academic reasons)?



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 154,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,518
    Points
    154,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonegrad07 View Post
    So... are we going after him? He's eligible to resign! We would LOVE Mr. Marry to be a Cyclone!
    I hope so.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    houston nutt at mississippi should be a used car salesman rather than a football coach .the bozo at lsu that was formerly at oklahoma state must be related to houston nutt.both of thes guys are sleazy recruiters.


    doc

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 96,225, Level: 96
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 825
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,199
    Points
    96,225
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    I would say Marry burnt his bridges here. He would have to call.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 134,476, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    stateofmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,752
    Points
    134,476
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 233

    Re: Interesting read on Mike Marry

    It states that nobody has contacted him since he became a recruit again. Kind of makes you think ISU is done with him.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM