Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,416, Level: 74
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,850
    Points
    57,416
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 351

    David Johnson-Clinton

    Has this kid committed yet and if not does anybody know where we stand with him? I watched his game against Davenport Central on tv and he was a man amongst boys against a decent Central team. He looks like a good sized kid that could be a running back or a safety.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 20,385, Level: 43
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,373
    Points
    20,385
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 1

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    Has this kid committed yet and if not does anybody know where we stand with him? I watched his game against Davenport Central on tv and he was a man amongst boys against a decent Central team. He looks like a good sized kid that could be a running back or a safety.
    He hasn't committed to anyone. He has offers from UNI and Illinois State. Both Iowa and Iowa State are keeping in touch with him. He's listed at 6-1, 180.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,012, Level: 64
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,043
    Points
    44,012
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 167

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    I hope ISU offers him. He ran over bettendorf this year.



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 7,566, Level: 26
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    206
    Points
    7,566
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    I am from clinton and I know this kid is a pretty good player. He has yet to get offers outside of UNI and Illinois State but there are rumors that he'll commit to Iowa if they offer and I tend to believe these rumors because I've known him since middle school and he is a big hawkeye fan(just like everyone from Clinton) and really wants to play for them. I think that Iowa will offer because he is a great athlete however he has gotten little hype.



  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 7,566, Level: 26
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    206
    Points
    7,566
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by 2forISU View Post
    I hope ISU offers him. He ran over bettendorf this year.
    Yea, he had a 99 yard kick return against them too. He's close to breaking the conference record in td's scored in a season.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,416, Level: 74
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,850
    Points
    57,416
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 351

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Thanks for the info on Johnson. After watching him against Central (he had something like 270 total yards in about 10 touches) I can't believe he isn't being heavily recruited. I'd love to see CPR get right after him before eiu gets very involved and sweep him off his feet.



  7. #7
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonefan101 View Post
    I am from clinton and I know this kid is a pretty good player. He has yet to get offers outside of UNI and Illinois State but there are rumors that he'll commit to Iowa if they offer and I tend to believe these rumors because I've known him since middle school and he is a big hawkeye fan(just like everyone from Clinton) and really wants to play for them. I think that Iowa will offer because he is a great athlete however he has gotten little hype.

    I would imagine there will some disappointed Iowa kids who want a offer from Iowa. They have 19 commits so far, and have room for 2 or 3 more unless someone leaves the team. Most likely, they will be walk-on offers.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 7,566, Level: 26
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    206
    Points
    7,566
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    Thanks for the info on Johnson. After watching him against Central (he had something like 270 total yards in about 10 touches) I can't believe he isn't being heavily recruited. I'd love to see CPR get right after him before eiu gets very involved and sweep him off his feet.
    Most def... It would be great to see him here because he is insanely good, but I think the chances are slim that ISU gets him.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 101,923, Level: 99
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,127
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,174
    Points
    101,923
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 380
    Given: 249

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
    I would imagine there will some disappointed Iowa kids who want a offer from Iowa. They have 19 commits so far, and have room for 2 or 3 more unless someone leaves the team. Most likely, they will be walk-on offers.
    Yeah, it doesn't matter how big of a hokeye fan he is, he's probably not getting an offer. With ISU, he's at least got a shot.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 126,596, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,960
    Points
    126,596
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 680

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Unless Iowa strikes out on pretty much everyone else he won't get an offer from them, don't see that happening with the season they're having. If we miss on a few guys, he could possibly see an offer from us late.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 45,847, Level: 66
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,805
    Points
    45,847
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 18

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Northern Illinois is also looking at him, but last I knew, he did not have an offer. In the aforementioned game against Central, Johnson had over 200 yards in the first quarter.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,416, Level: 74
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,850
    Points
    57,416
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 351

    Re: David Johnson-Clinton

    Yes mwitt, I doubt he played half the game. He also had about a 70 yard pass interception for a td that was called back. You just rarely see such a dominant performance at the 4A level. I did a little research on him and see he also was a top sprinter and good basketball player as a junior. I really hope CPR offers this kid soon because I think he's going to show up on a lot of major college radars after this last game.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN2
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • February 6, 2016
  • 01:00 PM