Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 166,691, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,636
    Points
    166,691
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    The Baylor Meltdown

    Can you believe this

    I'm off the bandwagon. Prove something, coach. Prove something or pack your s*** and kick rocks.
    ummm......Briles himself said we were on the "15 minute" plan. maybe he meant we would only prepare for each opponent for 15 minutes.
    Arty!!!! You got some 'splainin to do!
    Just a sampling. I can't believe that many of them are calling for Art to be fired. He has done more for Baylor than any other coach for the past 15 plus years and when you consider the injuries- it is no wonder they can't ever win (they think they are Texas). Just the same, it is good to see another board melt down.

    http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177582



  2. #2
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Shinyhappyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    538
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    We are Iowa State, in case you haven't noticed. Everyone expects to beat us....or else. We basically built the Wisconsin and UConn programs with very opportune wins for those building programs to get recruiting rolling. We got Barnett out of Boulder when he lost to us. The OU coach before Stoops (Blake?) got fired because he only ALMOST lost to us. I don't care what anyone says, Solich got fired cause he lost to us....twice. Losing to us is like Us losing to Kent State....it isn't supposed to happen. We gotta earn respect, that is understood. If we beat this AandM coach, I think he is a goner.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,958, Level: 71
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    usedcarguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,724
    Points
    53,958
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 80

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    It was obvious they are really missing RG. They've got some athletes which just plain made us look not athletic at times. Even a Todd Reesing type of QB would make a big difference.


    Walking on water is easy. Just do it in December when it's frozen.

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 186,296, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,462
    Points
    186,296
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 449

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by usedcarguy View Post
    It was obvious they are really missing RG. They've got some athletes which just plain made us look not athletic at times. Even a Todd Reesing type of QB would make a big difference.

    No kidding. They had some great speed on offense. If RG was there, that game last night was totally different.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 160,177, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,691
    Points
    160,177
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 852

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinyhappyclone View Post
    We are Iowa State, in case you haven't noticed. Everyone expects to beat us....or else. We basically built the Wisconsin and UConn programs with very opportune wins for those building programs to get recruiting rolling. We got Barnett out of Boulder when he lost to us. The OU coach before Stoops (Blake?) got fired because he only ALMOST lost to us. I don't care what anyone says, Solich got fired cause he lost to us....twice. Losing to us is like Us losing to Kent State....it isn't supposed to happen. We gotta earn respect, that is understood. If we beat this AandM coach, I think he is a goner.
    Melodramatic.
    Maybe you are not being serious.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 160,177, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,691
    Points
    160,177
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 852

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    No kidding. They had some great speed on offense. If RG was there, that game last night was totally different.
    It would have been different, but I still think ISU wins. The BU coaching staff was taken behind the woodshed.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 870,356, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,556
    Points
    870,356
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,838

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Melodramatic.
    Maybe you are not being serious.
    He's got a decent point. Nobody sees us on their schedule and trembles in fear at our presence.

    One could note that many of the downtrodden fanbases whose teams we play against make their stops here to talk trash with our fans. I'm betting that Baylor fans don't talk much before they play Texas and Oklahoma.

    They talk it to us because they all believe that they have a chance for the victory when they play us, and they expect to beat us.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 870,356, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,556
    Points
    870,356
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,838

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    It would have been different, but I still think ISU wins. The BU coaching staff was taken behind the woodshed.
    I believe this to be accurate.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 51,489, Level: 70
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,045
    Points
    51,489
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 340

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Boys....I have a message for all those teams that are gonna take us er the clones lightly.

    Those DAYS ARE OVER!!!! Take the clones lightly these days and you are liable to get (i love this)...."Baylorized"...Just like what happened last nite to those big bad baylor bears!!!!!!


    Im not afraid of nebraska either...the big bad big red will struggle to beat us at best ....and at worst the big red will lose another game in memorial stadium to out clones!!!!

    Right now ISU has the best coaching staff since the days of Earle Bruce!! Remember good old Earle and his 24-21 win over 16th rated nebraska in october of 1977?? Didnt think so I do cause I was there for the big red meltdown!!!!

    Come on Clones...Pound those little reddies into submission!!!!



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 165,741, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,885
    Points
    165,741
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 476

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    Remember good old Earle and his 24-21 win over 16th rated nebraska in october of 1977??
    No but only because I wasn't born yet - but I like your thinking!



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 160,177, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,691
    Points
    160,177
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 852

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    He's got a decent point. Nobody sees us on their schedule and trembles in fear at our presence.

    One could note that many of the downtrodden fanbases whose teams we play against make their stops here to talk trash with our fans. I'm betting that Baylor fans don't talk much before they play Texas and Oklahoma.

    They talk it to us because they all believe that they have a chance for the victory when they play us, and they expect to beat us.
    If the lack of trembling fear in opponents is the point, than I would say the post is very sensationalized. To make this point by fabricating a list of coaches that have gotten the pink slip because of a loss or close win to ISU is melodramatic.Besides a handful of teams, fan bases generally do not tremble in fear...by the time Saturday rolls around, most fans feel they have a chance to win the game.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 870,356, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,556
    Points
    870,356
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,838

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    If the lack of trembling fear in opponents is the point, than I would say the post is very sensationalized. To make this point by fabricating a list of coaches that have gotten the pink slip because of a loss or close win to ISU is melodramatic.Besides a handful of teams, fan bases generally do not tremble in fear...by the time Saturday rolls around, most fans feel they have a chance to win the game.
    That is the whole point of being a fan, and a real hole in my post.

    I think what he's getting at, though, is that just about everybody pencils us in as a win, or even uses pen and moves on like they've already beaten us.

    It should be pretty clear from most of my posts that I don't believe we should be taken that way anymore, but I understand that we're going to have to earn that respect. On the way, plenty of schools like Baylor will melt down after we hand them their heads.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 160,177, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,691
    Points
    160,177
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 852

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I think what he's getting at, though, is that just about everybody pencils us in as a win, or even uses pen and moves on like they've already beaten us.
    I know what he is getting at; I just commented he went about it in a very melodramatic manner. So much so, it eroded the message to this reader. No big deal.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 870,356, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,556
    Points
    870,356
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,838

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    I know what he is getting at; I just commented he went about it in a very melodramatic manner. So much so, it eroded the message to this reader. No big deal.
    That works. It was a pretty dramatic presentation.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Baylor Meltdown

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    That works. It was a pretty dramatic presentation.
    You do realize that "shinyhappy" has been all "Dullgloomy" in all of his posts, right?


    "Seven minutes to glory."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM