Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 39,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,997
    Points
    39,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Quotes from Baylor

    “(Iowa State is a) very dangerous football team; they have been playing well all year,” Briles said Tuesday. “They actually went to Kent State and got their first road win in 17 games and beat them handily. (They) are coming off two real tough conference losses. They very well could be sitting at 5-1 overall and 2-0 in conference.

    “They are really, really playing well, playing with a lot of confidence.”

    I don't think he is giving us too much credit. I really think we could have been 5-1 so far.


    WE ARE IOWA STATE

  2. #2
    Pro LeSchmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,022
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    What's a quite?


    @LeSchmick

    XBox Live: Le Schmick

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quites?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 354,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,334
    Points
    354,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,091
    Given: 630

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    “(Iowa State is a) very dangerous football team; they have been playing well all year,” Briles said Tuesday. “They actually went to Kent State and got their first road win in 17 games and beat them handily. (They) are coming off two real tough conference losses. They very well could be sitting at 5-1 overall and 2-0 in conference.

    “They are really, really playing well, playing with a lot of confidence.”

    I don't think he is giving us too much credit. I really think we could have been 5-1 so far.

    Huh?

    First, he's giving us plenty of credit. Secondly, he's giving us too much credit as could have and reality are two very different things.



  5. #5
    cyclONEnation
    Points: 220,275, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    C.John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,621
    Points
    220,275
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 207

    Re: Quotes from Baylor

    Thread title fixed.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,524, Level: 62
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,126
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    3,791
    Points
    40,524
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Quotes from Baylor

    Yeah, what's a quite? I have no idea what this thread is about now. Please correct it so we all know what you mean.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,972, Level: 77
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,278
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,812
    Points
    61,972
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 400

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Huh?

    First, he's giving us plenty of credit. Secondly, he's giving us too much credit as could have and reality are two very different things.
    Wow, are you kidding? Did you forget your pirate?

    I would agree with OP, Briles is giving a healthy dose of respect, but certainly not TOO much respect. He didn't mention leaving burn offerings in the lockerroom.


    John Walters is my hero

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 39,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,997
    Points
    39,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Huh?

    First, he's giving us plenty of credit. Secondly, he's giving us too much credit as could have and reality are two very different things.
    Honestly though, we could have been 5-1 with a little luck and a solid kicking game.


    WE ARE IOWA STATE

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 354,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,334
    Points
    354,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,091
    Given: 630

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    Wow, are you kidding? Did you forget your pirate?

    I would agree with OP, Briles is giving a healthy dose of respect, but certainly not TOO much respect. He didn't mention leaving burn offerings in the lockerroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Honestly though, we could have been 5-1 with a little luck and a solid kicking game.
    I may have read his post wrong, I took it as he felt Briles was not giving us enough credit instead of agreeing with what Briles said. :)



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,524, Level: 62
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,126
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    3,791
    Points
    40,524
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Honestly though, we could have been 5-1 with a little luck and a solid kicking game.
    We'd atleast be 4-2 with a healthy ARob.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 354,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,334
    Points
    354,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,091
    Given: 630

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Honestly though, we could have been 5-1 with a little luck and a solid kicking game.
    I'll disagree with this and here is why...

    KSU

    - A made XP only gave us a chance to extend the game, nothing more
    - The 2 back-to-back turnovers are what decided the game

    KU

    - While we missed 2 XP tries, we also got a 2pt conversion
    - A made FG earlier in the game, however, would allow us to be playing for a FG attempt on the final drive and not be forced to get a TD. Note, FG attempt
    - If we had scored on the final drive, KU was left with 1 minute and 2 timeouts to move the ball on us, and they only needed a FG to win



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 148,812, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,718
    Points
    148,812
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 332

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUonthemove View Post
    We'd atleast be 4-2 with a healthy ARob.
    I'll go with this but 5-1 is a stretch.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 21,559, Level: 44
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crete, NE
    Posts
    1,426
    Points
    21,559
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Quotes from Baylor

    Art sounds like Mac.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,008, Level: 85
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,542
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,548
    Points
    75,008
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 103

    Re: Quotes from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Art sounds like Mac.
    Obligatory "No doubt about it" use



  15. #15
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Quites from Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I'll disagree with this and here is why...

    KSU

    - A made XP only gave us a chance to extend the game, nothing more
    - The 2 back-to-back turnovers are what decided the game

    KU

    - While we missed 2 XP tries, we also got a 2pt conversion
    - A made FG earlier in the game, however, would allow us to be playing for a FG attempt on the final drive and not be forced to get a TD. Note, FG attempt
    - If we had scored on the final drive, KU was left with 1 minute and 2 timeouts to move the ball on us, and they only needed a FG to win
    I'll agree with most of this and add

    1) Anyone else find it funny that we only talk about the 5 points we left on the field, but neglect the point KU did. Are we the only ones with correctable mistakes that shouldn't have happened?

    2) How come we're only a few plays from being 5-1? Are we also not a few plays perhaps from being 1-5? Not likely because we won by some margins. But how about a few plays from being killed in two MORE of our games. It's a two way street.

    We're 3-3. Woulda, coulda, shoulda... and it's all fantasy.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM