Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Curiosity

Anyone know what might be going on at CR. They have pulled all the forums save the confidential site, quit sending photographers to games, had a replacement for Chris that has disappeared after just a couple of articles he did weeks ago and PC keeps talking about making tough business decisions. Is that site in trouble? I see it still advertises itself as the biggest cyclone site but given the traffic here that can't be true either. Anyone have any insight??

Still thinking of something....
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 15

Re: Curiosity

As long as CF is around, that's all that matters.

Shouldn't you be posting about the Cards getting swept in the playoffs anyway?

41-53 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Addict
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 50

I think this site is putting it under. Feel bad but why pay for stuff you can get free on this site and this site get's the info here first.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Legend
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 60

Quote Originally Posted by rebecacy View Post
    Anyone know what might be going on at CR. They have pulled all the forums save the confidential site, quit sending photographers to games, had a replacement for Chris that has disappeared after just a couple of articles he did weeks ago and PC keeps talking about making tough business decisions. Is that site in trouble? I see it still advertises itself as the biggest cyclone site but given the traffic here that can't be true either. Anyone have any insight??
    Congratulations on your first non-Cardinal Cub bashing thread.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    As long as CF is around, that's all that matters.

Shouldn't you be posting about the Cards getting swept in the playoffs anyway?
    The cards deserved what they got!!

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    I think this site is putting it under. Feel bad but why pay for stuff you can get free on this site and this site get's the info here first.
    Not when it comes to recruiting.

Other breaking news items, yes. The Chizik thing broke here a good 6-7 hours before it did on CR.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

That is what you main pagers think.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,079
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Drive4cy View Post

Other breaking news items, yes. The Chizik thing broke here a good 6-7 hours before it did on CR.
    CR just put up an article about Harris...That should tell you something right there.

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,500
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

I don't have any insight, but was a subscriber there for 5+ years. I frequented both sites, but did most of my posting on CR. For me, I had nothing against Paul Clark and the site, and think Rivals does a great job with recruiting coverage. But the confidential board got a little too "cliquish" for me. Any misgivings or comments about MBB or the AD was met with the same posters piling on. Believe me, I am 100% Cyclone, but that doesn't mean a discussion about ISU sports has to be lollipops all day. In the end, I gave it up about a month ago.

Maybe it is because this board is larger, but it seems dissenting opinions and constructive discussion receive more tolerance here. And I am sure there are cliques here, or maybe I just don't recognize the posters that jump each other all the time yet.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

CycloneReport.com - which does not practice sourceless reporting of commitments - is the first to report Dika's commitment using information obtained on the record from a qualified source.
    This quote means he was beat by 2 other websites. That is what is going on there. It's alright to speculate. If someone reports some unknown has committed it usually means they have commited.

Word

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    I don't have any insight, but was a subscriber there for 5+ years. I frequented both sites, but did most of my posting on CR. For me, I had nothing against Paul Clark and the site, and think Rivals does a great job with recruiting coverage. But the confidential board got a little too "cliquish" for me. Any misgivings or comments about MBB or the AD was met with the same posters piling on. Believe me, I am 100% Cyclone, but that doesn't mean a discussion about ISU sports has to be lollipops all day. In the end, I gave it up about a month ago.

Maybe it is because this board is larger, but it seems dissenting opinions and constructive discussion receive more tolerance here. And I am sure there are cliques here, or maybe I just don't recognize the posters that jump each other all the time yet.
    I tried fighting that battle with the good old boys but they are relentless -- it is impossible to discuss any areas for improvement -- Cylyte, cysbone, cloneforever, lonestar, bigbucking, cylabrate, big angry and the rest of the good old boys makes it impossible to discuss anything not positive -- they jump all over every such post and fling personal insults to the point you just give up -- I may have to follow suit

Last edited by rebecacy; 10-13-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I tried fighting that battle with the good old boys but they are relentless -- it is impossible to discuss any areas for improvement -- Cylyte, cysbone, cloneforever, lonestar and the rest of the good old boys makes it impossible to discuss anything not positive -- they jump all over every such post and fling personal insults to the point you just give up -- I may have to follow suit
    Which all means that you're a member on the CR Confidential Board, so why bother to ask a question about CR over here? Just ask it over there.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Which all means that you're a member on the CR Confidential Board, so why bother to ask a question about CR over here? Just ask it over there.
    How do I ask Paul if he is going under or if there are problems -- Paul and the good old boys would eat me alive -- i'm trying to figure out what is going on and whether to cancel

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

How do I ask Paul if he is going under or if there are problems -- Paul and the good old boys would eat me alive -- i'm trying to figure out what is going on and whether to cancel
    You could probably e-mail him.

Starter
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I was a member at CR last year but decided against renewing the subscription this year. I don't mind Paul Clark and I think he does a decent job with recruiting, but I was never motivated to post on CR. It's a lot less "welcoming" over there than it is here so that's a big reason why I didn't post and didn't renew the subscription. That, and there are a select few over there that hate all that is CF and think people over here "steal" information regardless of whether it's true or not. Any time there is a rumor posted over here, it's the same old posters over there claiming someone stole it from CR.

Both CF and CR are places for Cyclone fans to come together, and I love the fact that we have choices as fans. I just never understood the hate some people have for CF. We're on the same team!

Last edited by trevn; 10-13-2009 at 05:53 PM.
    www.drivethelane.com/bask - A great college basketball simulation. Give it a try, it's FREE, not to mention addicting.