Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 92,515, Level: 94
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    8,961
    Points
    92,515
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 341

    Angry To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    Alright guy. I know you are having trouble with your homework. I hear your frustration (literally). Shaking your hands in the air and quietly cursing the world isn't going to help. You're stoked up on your Mocha Latte and you can't sit still. You're so nervous that you won't be able to get the assignment done by noon that you're legs are jittering uncontrollably, shaking the table that you chose to share with me. Oh no. Something went wrong with your work on your laptop.



    I hope your computer is OK.

    Your sighs of frustration are constantly disruptive. Good, stand up, stretch and take a moment to collect yourself while you take a short break.

    Well, that was a very short break. You're back already and the frustration ensues. Is it too obvious for me to move to another table? I may have to soon, for my own sanity's sake. But don't worry about me. I've got nothing important to do on my list today.

    Now, the only question that remains is... is this person... YOU?


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    CG. No one knows what you're talking about.

    great white buffalo




    http://svrwxstormchaser.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 42,041, Level: 63
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,201
    Points
    42,041
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 59

    Re: To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    Alright guy. I know you are having trouble with your homework. I hear your frustration (literally). Shaking your hands in the air and quietly cursing the world isn't going to help. You're stoked up on your Mocha Latte and you can't sit still. You're so nervous that you won't be able to get the assignment done by noon that you're legs are jittering uncontrollably, shaking the table that you chose to share with me. Oh no. Something went wrong with your work on your laptop.



    I hope your computer is OK.

    Your sighs of frustration are constantly disruptive. Good, stand up, stretch and take a moment to collect yourself while you take a short break.

    Well, that was a very short break. You're back already and the frustration ensues. Is it too obvious for me to move to another table? I may have to soon, for my own sanity's sake. But don't worry about me. I've got nothing important to do on my list today.

    Now, the only question that remains is... is this person... YOU?
    Nice creative writing. Short with an entire story in the composition. try submitting it to Sketch.
    (Not j/k)



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 59,322, Level: 75
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,205
    Points
    59,322
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 135

    Re: To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    Alright guy. I know you are having trouble with your homework. I hear your frustration (literally). Shaking your hands in the air and quietly cursing the world isn't going to help. You're stoked up on your Mocha Latte and you can't sit still. You're so nervous that you won't be able to get the assignment done by noon that you're legs are jittering uncontrollably, shaking the table that you chose to share with me. Oh no. Something went wrong with your work on your laptop.



    I hope your computer is OK.

    Your sighs of frustration are constantly disruptive. Good, stand up, stretch and take a moment to collect yourself while you take a short break.

    Well, that was a very short break. You're back already and the frustration ensues. Is it too obvious for me to move to another table? I may have to soon, for my own sanity's sake. But don't worry about me. I've got nothing important to do on my list today.

    Now, the only question that remains is... is this person... YOU?
    Well if you're sitting in the library typing this, you don't really have anything important to do, do you? Or if you do, start doing it!

    (motivational speaking fee waived)



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 25,140, Level: 48
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    psycln11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,638
    Points
    25,140
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

    Re: To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    where's the library??



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 92,515, Level: 94
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    8,961
    Points
    92,515
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 341

    Re: To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Well if you're sitting in the library typing this, you don't really have anything important to do, do you? Or if you do, start doing it!

    (motivational speaking fee waived)
    I've got enough of my own problems (procrastination, motivation, etc.). Sitting on Cyclone Fanatic certainly isn't helping. I know that.

    I don't need anyone else's problems construed unto (onto?) me.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    CG. No one knows what you're talking about.

    great white buffalo




    http://svrwxstormchaser.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 92,515, Level: 94
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    8,961
    Points
    92,515
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 341

    Re: To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    Time for a lunch break. CHEAP FOOD ON CENTRAL CAMPUS! Woot!

    *Note to self: Find a more remote setting to perform my Cyclone Fanatic dissection when I return.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    CG. No one knows what you're talking about.

    great white buffalo




    http://svrwxstormchaser.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 82,412, Level: 89
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,338
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,423
    Points
    82,412
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 24

    Re: To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    Quote Originally Posted by psycln11 View Post
    where's the library??
    I just recently found out that this "library" that everyone speaks of is in fact the rest area where I took more than my fair share of naps.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 63,124, Level: 77
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    3,410
    Points
    63,124
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 5

    Re: To the kid sitting across from me in the library..

    The best place to study is the upstairs of the Presbyterian Church right behind the Design building. Internet, soda machine, it's empty and extremely close to campus.
    Now that I'm out of school i feel I should share this place with others...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM