I got to thinking about this at work today and just wanted to hear some opinions. ISU is definately in the "have-nots" in the Big 12 when it comes to wins, athletic budget, location and tradition. The one thing that we definately have in our favor is academics. I'm wondering what happens when a coach visits an athletes home. Is it possible for a coach to bring along an academic advisor, since the prospect is a "student-athlete"? An excerpt from the NCAA recruiting guidelines:
Head Football Coach Restrictions - Off-Campus Contact - Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A)
The head coach may make in-person, off-campus contact with a prospect or the prospect
s relatives or legal guardian(s) only during one calendar day. It is permissible for this contact to occur both at the
site of the prospect
s educational institution and away from the institutional grounds. During such contact, the head coach may be accompanied by an assistant(s) who otherwise is required to observe the restrictions contained in the bylaws.

Would ISU be permitted to bring along someone from the Hixon-Lied Student-Athlete Building to discuss potential classes and show not only the student, but mom and dad that ISU has the tools to make their child a success in the classroom as well as on the field? I'm sure this kind of thing is currently going on, but I just wanted to know what your thoughts/opinions/sarcasms are, or if you could enlighten me on the subject - it's something that really never gets talked about on recruiting web sites.