Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

KU - 2010

KU - No Reesing, No Meier, No Sharp, Briscoe Leave Early (?). Game in Ames. We let them off the hook the last 2 years and need to close the deal next year.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 82

Re: KU - 2010

Im in.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think the B12 in general is going to take a senior hit on some of its best teams. I know their replacements will be awesome too, but if there is ever an edge, now is the time to take it.

Starter
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 76

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    KU - No Reesing, No Meier, No Sharp, Briscoe Leave Early (?). Game in Ames. We let them off the hook the last 2 years and need to close the deal next year.
    Because our schedule increases greatly in difficulty next year - this will be one of those "must-win" games, IMO.

Utah Utes, Illinois Illini. The University of Pennsylvania thought about following this pattern by calling themselves the Pennsylvania Pencils. However, they were afraid their students would start chanting "We're No. 2"

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 93

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I think the B12 in general is going to take a senior hit on some of its best teams. I know their replacements will be awesome too, but if there is ever an edge, now is the time to take it.
    Wait--remember? We're supposed to fear our 2010 schedule, not see it as an opportunity! Can't you guys ever get things straight?!!!

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Wait--remember? We're supposed to fear our 2010 schedule, not see it as an opportunity! Can't you guys ever get things straight?!!!
    We are bringing the thunder!

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,305
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 16

We haven't beaten KU since 2004 and they have since plucked the momentum that we were starting to build and propelled themselves in the upper echelon of the conference. Time to take it back.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,821
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

If there was ever a year that you wanted to play UT, OU & TTU, it's going to be next year. Of course all three reload on talent, but senior-laden teams and their best players will be leaving. KU will be down and even squads like CU & NU lose a lot on defense. Yes the schedule is daunting next year, but we'll return the most experienced offense in the conference, and will have some winnable games at home, KU, NU & Mizzou included.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    If there was ever a year that you wanted to play UT, OU & TTU, it's going to be next year. Of course all three reload on talent, but senior-laden teams and their best players will be leaving. KU will be down and even squads like CU & NU lose a lot on defense. Yes the schedule is daunting next year, but we'll return the most experienced offense in the conference, and will have some winnable games at home, KU, NU & Mizzou included.

We will be senior heavy in the right spots. They wont. They reload the talent, but that talent still needs to gel. I see a light.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,175
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8

Maybe OU and UT, but the dirty mustache gained a lot of experience playing in Bradford's absence, and will certainly help him when they torch us next season. I think that without McCoy, Texas is going to return to destroying teams on the ground with some heisman candidate running back.

I would much rather have played TT this season, unless Potts is a senior as well?

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 18

Our Defense is still going to have to get a lot better. This is exactly what I thought would happen when we met a BCS caliber Offense (Not saying entire KU team is BCS material, but their offense is good.) I don't think it's that Reesing, Meier and Briscoe are these untouchable players, we're just too far below them defensively. Even on their last posession, when they punted, it took a bad throw by Reesing to stop them, our D didn't do it.

I'm not trying to bash the Cyclones or Say KU's O isn't any good on this as much as it's just blatently obvious right now that we have an ability to make decent teams look like world beaters. I have no idea how to do it and I'm sure our coaches are scratching their heads as well. But it seems we can never put a complete game together. There is always something that's costing us the game when we lose, that seems to be run of the mill stuff for other teams. Extra points, bad snaps or the same guy catching the ball over the middle every time they throw the ball.

Then again, it could just be we have to accept the fact, as I figured before the season started, we aren't a good football team. That this would be a good year if we got 4 wins, a great year if we got 5 wins and to get 6 would almost be a miracle turnaround by these guys.

The frustrating part is how we are losing games. The Iowa game was the easiest to take so far. They flat out beat us and there aren't just a couple things that happened in that game that cost us. The last two though, there are so many things, that if we'd have just not committed one of our many mistakes, we could have won.

None the less, this team has a lot of growing up to do between now and next year, before I think we'll have an easy time with any team in the Big XII.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,821
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    We will be senior heavy in the right spots. They wont. They reload the talent, but that talent still needs to gel. I see a light.
    The only positive about Rashawn Parker's injury is that it's giving Maggitt & Neal a chance to see PT. An interesting thing about our d-line. As much as it's going to hurt us losing Frere & Lyle, really watch our rotations. We're playing 8 DL right now, and 6 of them are coming back next year. Granted, the 2 that aren't are seeing the majority of snaps at their positions, but we're still rotating in.

At LB, we're losing 3 starters, but we do have young guys on the roster that have seen the field. Klein, Knott, Taufou & Lattimer have the size, but clearly we'll take a step back. It almost might be more beneficial for us to go to a 4-2-5 next year. Ter'ran Benton is a sure-handed tackler, as is David Sims, so why not play on your strengths? Sure there's plenty of time to develop the young LBs, but at this point, based on what we've seen thus far, this would seem to be about the best option.

The D has obviously improved under Burnham (even in the KU game, where we came up with a stop late in the game when we had to), so I dont think it's crazy to think that while we'll be young on D next year, that doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be bad.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,520
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

The only positive about Rashawn Parker's injury is that it's giving Maggitt & Neal a chance to see PT.

The D has obviously improved under Burnham (even in the KU game, where we came up with a stop late in the game when we had to), so I dont think it's crazy to think that while we'll be young on D next year, that doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be bad.
    The other sad "benefit" of RP's injury is that he can apply for a medical hardship and actually return next year, which might be huge.

And yes, despite Saturday's poor pass defense results, Burnham's influence can already be seen. On a couple of plays, we had defenders in good positions, just came up a little short with Reesing throwing near perfect passes. It was not like last year when receivers were frequently running wide open.

To me, switching back to the tougher South rotation is not as big a deal as everyone makes it out. A good year for us is to finish 1-2 against the South anyway. UT, OU and Tech are not the teams to focus on. We have to climb back above CU, KSU, and KU.

Win 3 non-conf games. Beat 3 North teams. Bowl bound. Then, any win against Iowa, a Big 12 South team, or another North team just means we are moving up the bowl tier and beginning to compete for North division.

But I do agree the UCONN game should be bought out. Why play KSU in KC for extra $$ if we don't wisely buy a win next year with a home game.

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 93

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    But I do agree the UCONN game should be bought out. Why play KSU in KC for extra $$ if we don't wisely buy a win next year with a home game.
    Ooh yeah, buy out the game. Remember how well that went when Missouri ran away from their return game with Iowa? There's no honor in that...

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Ooh yeah, buy out the game. Remember how well that went when Missouri ran away from their return game with Iowa? There's no honor in that...

Honoring committments is how we want to be.