Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest AP Poll

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 865
    Given: 227

Latest AP Poll

Here's the latest AP poll.

Notes:

- Alabama passes Texas. The Horns are now number three.

- Nebraska jumps to 15 from 21 last week.

- Kansas dropped from 16 to 17 after beating the Clones.

Addict
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 705
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 52

Re: Latest AP Poll

I was saying last night to my buddy that Texas looked like the worse #2 team in recent memory. Next week will tell a lot about them.

Bama's defense could be playing on sundays, they are really good. They should be #1.

Iowa is getting NO love, as much as it pains me to say. They beat the **** out of PSU at PSU, beat up on ISU at ISU :), beat up on a good Arizona team, and beat a fairly good Michigan team.

Addict
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,323
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Here's the latest AP poll.

Notes:

- Alabama passes Texas. The Horns are now number three.

- Nebraska jumps to 15 from 21 last week.

- Kansas dropped from 16 to 17 after beating the Clones.
    Texas dropping doesn't really matter. Alabama and Florida would still have to play each other. This could get real interesting if Texas loses though. Maybe the SEC will just cancel their championship game and play it in the national championship.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    I was saying last night to my buddy that Texas looked like the worse #2 team in recent memory. Next week will tell a lot about them.

Bama's defense could be playing on sundays, they are really good. They should be #1.

Iowa is getting NO love, as much as it pains me to say. They beat the **** out of PSU at PSU, beat up on ISU at ISU :), beat up on a good Arizona team, and beat a fairly good Michigan team.
    Iowa is missing a few things to be a world beater, a consistent quarterback (although he looked decent last night) and a true threat at running back.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Texas is not the #2 team in the country. They struggled with Wyoming in the first half too. No Big XII team should be in the BCS Championship game. Which scares me to think who could play Florida, like some ridiculous Big 11 team. The two best teams in the country are Florida and Alabama, no doubt about it.

Addict
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 705
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 52

Quote Originally Posted by ISUonthemove View Post
    Texas is not the #2 team in the country. They struggled with Wyoming in the first half too. No Big XII team should be in the BCS Championship game. Which scares me to think who could play Florida, like some ridiculous Big 11 team. The two best teams in the country are Florida and Alabama, no doubt about it.
    This might be the year, where 2 teams from the conference plays for the National Championship......if everyone else has 1 or more losses, then Florida and Bama play a great game (overtime or last second score to win).....maybe they voters keep them at 1 vs 2.

I woudn't be opposed to it.....a few years ago when Michigan and OSU played at the end of the year when they were both undefeated, I wished they would have played again because the first game was so good.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

At this point in the season I would say that Florida and Alabama look like the only two teams that are National Champion quality. Texas has a very good D, but a pretty average O. Florida and Bama are very very solid on both O and D. You wonder, if Texas loses at some point and obviously Florida or Alabama will lose to the other in the SEC title game, if Boise State will get a shot at the National Title?

Regarding Iowa, I personally don't think they are that good, but they are probably ranked where they should be at this point. If they beat Wisconsin then they should move up into the top 8 or so.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 159

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    This might be the year, where 2 teams from the conference plays for the National Championship......if everyone else has 1 or more losses, then Florida and Bama play a great game (overtime or last second score to win).....maybe they voters keep them at 1 vs 2.

I woudn't be opposed to it.....a few years ago when Michigan and OSU played at the end of the year when they were both undefeated, I wished they would have played again because the first game was so good.
    But i think the results ended up proving that would have been a bad idea, as florida ended up blowing out OSU.

Addict
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 89

So what happens if Iowa runs the table? I would say at this point they could possibly be favored in every game they play. The only game I can see them as dogs would be at OSU, but I don't think OSU is really that good this year.

So then you have undefeated Iowa, undefeated Florida or Bama, and then a one loss Florida or Bama. You could make the case for Iowa to be in the title game, but it would be yet another smoking of the Big 12 on the national stage. I would rather vote for a Bama Florida rematch, or even an undefeated Boise or something like that.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 415
    Given: 64

Quote Originally Posted by MrReality View Post
    At this point in the season I would say that Florida and Alabama look like the only two teams that are National Champion quality. Texas has a very good D, but a pretty average O. Florida and Bama are very very solid on both O and D. You wonder, if Texas loses at some point and obviously Florida or Alabama will lose to the other in the SEC title game, if Boise State will get a shot at the National Title?

Regarding Iowa, I personally don't think they are that good, but they are probably ranked where they should be at this point. If they beat Wisconsin then they should move up into the top 8 or so.
    Virginia Tech is the third best team in my opinion. They had a chance against Bama and have rolled everyone else. If Texas loses and they don't they get the nod against the SEC. Having said that, I don't think Texas will lose. When they need to turn it on, they do. 35 unanswered last night.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 132

I still can't comprehend USC's high ranking, now at #6! You'd almost think their loss was to a top ten team, instead of lowly Washington.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Virginia Tech is the third best team in my opinion. They had a chance against Bama and have rolled everyone else. If Texas loses and they don't they get the nod against the SEC. Having said that, I don't think Texas will lose. When they need to turn it on, they do. 35 unanswered last night.
    Umm...did you watch the Virginia Tech-Nebraska game?

It would be hard to keep Iowa out of the Title game if they go undefeated and the only other undefeated team from a BCS conference is Bama or Florida. Can you imagine the craziness if Bama and Florida play an epic SEC championship game down to the wire. There will be a ton of media folk pleading for a rematch in the title game.

Addict
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,381
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 166

I know people love to rip the hawks for whatever on here. But I gotta say I could see them in the national championship game, yes they will lose to whatever Texas, oklahoma, Florida, LSU, USC, etc they play. But I am buying into them winning the weak big 10 and going to the national champ game.

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    I still can't comprehend USC's high ranking, now at #6! You'd almost think their loss was to a top ten team, instead of lowly Washington.

I agree, and I am something of a USC fan (I used to work with them when I worked at the Coliseum). How do you justify them being ahead of LSU, when LSU's one loss is to Florida, and USC's one loss is to Washington, a team LSU beat this year? Makes no sense. The press just loves Pete Carrol and the Trojans for whatever reason. USC plays at Notre Dame next. Could be interesting.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 159

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    So what happens if Iowa runs the table? I would say at this point they could possibly be favored in every game they play. The only game I can see them as dogs would be at OSU, but I don't think OSU is really that good this year.

So then you have undefeated Iowa, undefeated Florida or Bama, and then a one loss Florida or Bama. You could make the case for Iowa to be in the title game, but it would be yet another smoking of the Big 12 on the national stage. I would rather vote for a Bama Florida rematch, or even an undefeated Boise or something like that.

If it happened, id rather see Iowa vs Florida\Alabama than a florida\alabama rematch. When a rematch is against a team played early season, its one thing, but when their last game is vs each other, youve gotta treat that as a 'play in' game to the national championship, and then give another team a shot at it.