Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

I'll Be Happy

As long as our team keeps improving, especially the defense. I really don't care if we go 3-9, as long as we kept improving as the season progresses. If we keep improving though, I think we could win 2 or 3 more games. We saw what the offense could do, it was against a pretty good defense, and it was 42 degrees with wind. The main thing that needs to improve though is the defense, obviously. Our offense can't do everything, so the defense needs to step up. Stay optimistic people, the season is only half over.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: I'll Be Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Chizit View Post
    As long as our team keeps improving, especially the defense. I really don't care if we go 3-9, as long as we kept improving as the season progresses.
    I hear ya and I'm trying to stay positive. The problem we have is even if we show siginificant improvement, the schedule the next 2 years is brutal. Getting to 7-8 wins could be 3 years away. I hope I'm wrong.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CysMyGuy View Post
    I hear ya and I'm trying to stay positive. The problem we have is even if we show siginificant improvement, the schedule the next 2 years is brutal. Getting to 7-8 wins could be 3 years away. I hope I'm wrong.
    Yeah, I'm gonna give Coach The BOD the next two years. Although it would be fun to beat Utah and/or Uconn.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Chizit View Post
    As long as our team keeps improving, especially the defense. I really don't care if we go 3-9, as long as we kept improving as the season progresses. If we keep improving though, I think we could win 2 or 3 more games. We saw what the offense could do, it was against a pretty good defense, and it was 42 degrees with wind. The main thing that needs to improve though is the defense, obviously. Our offense can't do everything, so the defense needs to step up. Stay optimistic people, the season is only half over.
    The struggle that I have is every re-building team needs wins that it can build on. These "moral" victories (I know, not your word) only take you so far. For teams like Iowa State, opportunities to beat ranked opponents on the road don't come along very often. At some point, you need to make the play(s) to win these games if, as a program, you are going to actually make the next step. My frustration is that Iowa State never makes those plays -- hence they never have made the true step up to the next level

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    The struggle that I have is every re-building team needs wins that it can build on. These "moral" victories (I know, not your word) only take you so far. For teams like Iowa State, opportunities to beat ranked opponents on the road don't come along very often. At some point, you need to make the play(s) to win these games if, as a program, you are going to actually make the next step. My frustration is that Iowa State never makes those plays -- hence they never have made the true step up to the next level
    Thank you for proving another point I mean to say. I hope CPR teaches the kids how to finish out a game. To many close calls being an Iowa State fan. It would be nice to put the game away against a B12 team. Kneeling the ball to finish the gam against Baylor next week would be nice.