Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 7

This is getting a bit ridiculous

http://iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=940&fid=804

I counted 8 threads on HR all about the ISU-Iowa ticket situation. All of them sound something like this, "ISU sucks. I'm not paying for there stuff. huh, yeah, umm, yeah .... Go hawks! Not in Kinnick!"

I really can't understand all of their ********. Its been like this for well over a month too. For ****** sake get over it. To make matters worse we have the register and Jon Miller adding fuel to fire. If this continues until the game, then its going to be a long off-season.

Last edited by CyForPresident; 02-28-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 669
    Given: 388

Re: This is getting a bit ridiculous

There are about the same number of threads here on CF.

Ticketgate continues...

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 14

They are scared, that ADJP is going to keep all the attention on ISU in the state. And they are starting to lose their grip on things.
    So they do what they do best spew random meaningless crap about anything they can.

Starter
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 12

Uh uh uh the ISU-Iowa game is ISU's Super Bowl and it does not mean anything to Iowa. Umm this looks like proof to me that this game means THE SAME to both sides. It is a BIG GAME for both teams, just quit denying it IOWA, when you lose it is not a big game but when you win (like last year) you storm the field.

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,025
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 57

Quote Originally Posted by isumellie View Post
    Uh uh uh the ISU-Iowa game is ISU's Super Bowl and it does not mean anything to Iowa. Umm this looks like proof to me that this game means THE SAME to both sides. It is a BIG GAME for both teams, just quit denying it IOWA, when you lose it is not a big game but when you win (like last year) you storm the field.
    I completely agree. Why do they want to watch this game in the first place?

I guess I've learned never to question the reasoning abilities of most hawk fans anymore (i.e. "If we beat Ohio State, then Michigan, we have a decent shot at the National Championship!")

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 356

I think it's all quite interesting. Never in my memory has one game gotten so much attention from everyone in the state. Fans, media - you name it. And we're still over 6 months away from playing the thing!

Plus, all this stuff has been about everything but the actual game - ya know - what the 22 guys are doing on the field play after play. That's the crazy part.

It's all about getting tickets, how much they cost, watching the game elsewhere, will the game be sold out, will the series continue, who "needs" who more, etc.

Fascinating.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 149

God, their arrogance is intolerable. Going off about "pathetic clown fans." Those band-wagonning pieces of mutt excrement don't know a GD think about supporting a team through thick and thin. Most of those a$$holes are hawk fans simply because they beat us 83-98. THATS IT! Most of them didn't' go to Iowa, and thus simply cheer for them to be like the other sheep. They are so oblivious to reality. Example: this weekend a Hawk fan informed me that ISU is NOT their rival, and that their real rivals were Michigan and Ohio State. I told him to talk to a Buckeye fan about that one. Anyways, I guess there really isn't much point to this post besides the fact that I hate the Hawkeyes, and 90% of their fans, and they once again irritated the hell out of me with their blind arrogance. Grrrr

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

"ISU is NOT their rival, and that their real rivals were Michigan and Ohio State."

Yup, I love that one. A few years ago (when Iowa had their brief run of success), I enjoyed going over to the Hawkeye pages. Michigan and Ohio State dudes would get on there and give Iowa fans the same "little brother" treatment they like to heap on us. It would drive the Hawk faithful frigg'in crazy. I loved it!!

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I think it is a good move on ADJP, from the sounds of things iowa is not going to have a very good showing at the game, and lets face it they need all the help they can get when they at ISU.

James

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 160

The whole ticketgate issue comes down to one thing- control.

JP and ISU are in control on this one and Iowa is standing on the sidelines wanting to say 'we're going to take our ball and go home".

Iowa fans can not stand the thought of Iowa State calling the shots on anything, especially football.

They'll b$tch, but will buy, and I really don't care how many Hawk fans go to watch the game in an empty stadium.

ISU 31 Iowa 3

Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 606

Quote Originally Posted by scubapohl1 View Post
    "ISU is NOT their rival, and that their real rivals were Michigan and Ohio State."

Yup, I love that one. A few years ago (when Iowa had their brief run of success), I enjoyed going over to the Hawkeye pages. Michigan and Ohio State dudes would get on there and give Iowa fans the same "little brother" treatment they like to heap on us. It would drive the Hawk faithful frigg'in crazy. I loved it!!
    And their two rivals are dropping off their schedule for two years. So who will their rival be for the year? ISU or Illinois?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CTTB78 View Post
    The whole ticketgate issue comes down to one thing- control.

JP and ISU are in control on this one and Iowa is standing on the sidelines wanting to say 'we're going to take our ball and go home".

Iowa fans can not stand the thought of Iowa State calling the shots on anything, especially football.

They'll b$tch, but will buy, and I really don't care how many Hawk fans go to watch the game in an empty stadium.

ISU 31 Iowa 3
    I agree that control plays into this for Iowa fans. The biggest issue I have with the current contract is the % of tickets money that goes to each road school. Iowa State receives about $200,000 more from Iowa when the game is in Iowa City than Iowa receives when the game is in Ames. I would like to see the amount of money fixed.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,330
    Given: 931

Wisky and Penn St, b/c they're the only one that come close to their atmosphere, but Penn St is on shaky ground b/c they've not been as dominant lately

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by scubapohl1 View Post

Texas fans didn't acknowledge them. So what did they do, they went to the Texas board. When the UT fans told them exactly where they ranked in the pecking order of college football programs, they had the nerve to get upset.

I must have read a dozen times, the UT people telling the Hawk fans that they have no REAL tradition, which is true. That they had a couple good years, but that the Big Ten is usually pretty bad, which is why we all have to hear how good they are, until the post season, then they pretty much don't say anything. The Michigan, and Ohio State people would come on and apologize for the Hawk fans being jerks, and that they do have the worst reputation in the Big Ten as a fanbase.

Last edited by guitarchitect7; 03-02-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Cursing not allowed, even when misspelled purposely.
    Jeffrey A Crawford

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240

I just think it's hilarious when they accuse Pollard for being "classless" and raising the prices. Class has nothing to do with it, it's all about cash, and the sooner they realize that the better.