Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawkeye lunacy?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 114

Hawkeye lunacy?

Ok, on an average year theres what, 9-10K hawk fans in JTS for the big game? It seems to me that most Hawk fans who come for the game, just tailgate and watch it on tv. There are still 4000 seats available for Iowa season ticket holders at $90 a piece. I know thats stiff for your average Trailer-park-dwelling Hawkeye pond scum piece of ***** (who probably doesnt have tix anyways), so we have the same # of officially available tickets for Hawk fans as we always do (remember, the other tickets were ALWAYS bought up by our ticket holders), and will at MOST cut their numbers in JTS in half. So, why in the hell are they making such a fuss? This new policy isn't going to be that drastic of a change and they are acting like its armageddon. Their public game watch at Kinnick has got to be one of the biggest cry baby moves I have seen. I am having a hard time figuring out why they are making such a BFD about this. This move has just fueled my dislike of Iowa even more. They really do expect everything on a silver platter. Ugh

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 34

Re: Hawkeye lunacy?

Remember, the ISU game is not important to EIU or its fans.

Rookie
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    ...And yet they rushed the field after beating us last year.

Cy Created by MC Doder

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Let them open up Kinnick Stadium... I hope it rains on Iowa City that day.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jparker22 View Post
    ...And yet they rushed the field after beating us last year.
    As I watched them storm the field after the game, that was the first thing that came to my mind... If you rush in a game where you are favored by 10+ points, you must care a hell of a lot about the outcome of that game

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 666
    Given: 614

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Ok, on an average year theres what, 9-10K hawk fans in JTS for the big game? It seems to me that most Hawk fans who come for the game, just tailgate and watch it on tv. There are still 4000 seats available for Iowa season ticket holders at $90 a piece. I know thats stiff for your average Trailer-park-dwelling Hawkeye pond scum piece of ***** (who probably doesnt have tix anyways), so we have the same # of officially available tickets for Hawk fans as we always do (remember, the other tickets were ALWAYS bought up by our ticket holders), and will at MOST cut their numbers in JTS in half. So, why in the hell are they making such a fuss? This new policy isn't going to be that drastic of a change and they are acting like its armageddon. Their public game watch at Kinnick has got to be one of the biggest cry baby moves I have seen. I am having a hard time figuring out why they are making such a BFD about this. This move has just fueled my dislike of Iowa even more. They really do expect everything on a silver platter. Ugh

I'm not offended, but damn! Careful what you say.....its comments like that other schools we hate get from their fans. I will admit I laughed though.

@RandomGeoFacts

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    I'm not offended, but damn! Careful what you say.....its comments like that other schools we hate get from their fans. I will admit I laughed though.
    I know that was probably a little harsh, but I was in one of the moods only Hawkeyes can cause, lol

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 84

The answer is one of two things. Number one, the Hawk fan is completely stupid and does not realize that this is mostly a publicity stunt and a challenge to ISU fans. Hawk fan hasn't been able to buy single game tickets sold to the public for many years, so this does not affect him at all.

Number two assumes that Hawk fan is only somewhat stupid. Hawk fan is not to dense to realize that this move signals a change from the ISU athletic department. Pollard has made the stand that ISU will be second to nobody, and this scares Hawk fan who has grown used to the status quo. Thus he feels the need to fight for what he feels is his birth right to in state superiority.

In the end it doesn't really matter if Hawk fan is completely stupid or just a little dense, the bottom line is he smells something cookin in Ames, Iowa, and it smells like it's a bad time to be a Hawk fan.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    You're dead-on target with your post, but I have one small quibble with the title. Isn't the title redundant?

URBCLONE

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by URBCLONE View Post
    You're dead-on target with your post, but I have one small quibble with the title. Isn't the title redundant?
    touche, sir

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    The answer is one of two things. Number one, the Hawk fan is completely stupid and does not realize that this is mostly a publicity stunt and a challenge to ISU fans. Hawk fan hasn't been able to buy single game tickets sold to the public for many years, so this does not affect him at all.

Number two assumes that Hawk fan is only somewhat stupid. Hawk fan is not to dense to realize that this move signals a change from the ISU athletic department. Pollard has made the stand that ISU will be second to nobody, and this scares Hawk fan who has grown used to the status quo. Thus he feels the need to fight for what he feels is his birth right to in state superiority.

In the end it doesn't really matter if Hawk fan is completely stupid or just a little dense, the bottom line is he smells something cookin in Ames, Iowa, and it smells like it's a bad time to be a Hawk fan.
    In reality, the majority of Hawk fans are still completly locked into the delusion that they are a perennial top 10, BCS contender who competes for the top of the Big 10 EVERY year.

They are blind to the truth that they had three exceptional 10 win seasons and are now comfortably back in the middle of the pack where they belong.

The farthest thing from most of their minds is the possibility that ISU could ever climb to the delusionary level they believe Iowa football to be!

Walk On
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I'd rather have 20k empty seats than have 8, 9, or 10,000 Hawk fans in our stadium.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by beb View Post
    ok I understand why they would think about retaliating but seriously.....who wants to watch a game in stadium in 80-90 degree weather on hard bleachers instead of simply watching it at home on a recliner with A/C and your own food.....even if it would be for charity.......it would just be the longest 3hrs of my life.
    they're hawk fans... the same guys who think they are going to win the national title every year, despite the fact that they haven't won their conference outright in 2 decades...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 291

Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    After reading your post twojman I almost fell out of my chair laughing. What a grate post my friend.

Walk On
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Pollard gets free FB ticket advertising & a sales surge everytime there is a media item on this issue. The editorial in the paper about which team will outdraw the other team in their own stadium will fuel the fire. This will go on for another 6 months and everytime the story comes up, Clone fans will be reminded to buy season tickets. Great publicity. Season ticket sales to date are 26,672. Keep it up.