Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,825, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,581
    Points
    105,825
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 340,040, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,076
    Points
    340,040
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 240

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Ooops.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 442,293, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,928
    Points
    442,293
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 25

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    If that's seriously all that turned up they need to re-audit because it's more than those two who do it...



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 119,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,086
    Points
    119,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 95

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    5 years of prison time for screwing with campus parking tickets? What a crock. As far as I am concerned it is the ISU parking division that is a bunch of crooks. And no, I don't have a personal reason for feeling this way, in 6 years on campus I could probably count the number of tickets I got on one hand.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 442,293, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,928
    Points
    442,293
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 25

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    As far as I am concerned it is the ISU parking division that is a bunch of crooks.
    This. You'd be absolutely amazed if you realized how much money they made. I laid into the parking division guy at Freddy a few times this summer when he was ticketing cars, yet he was parked in the handicapped spot.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer drunkincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    276
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    This. You'd be absolutely amazed if you realized how much money they made. I laid into the parking division guy at Freddy a few times this summer when he was ticketing cars, yet he was parked in the handicapped spot.
    This disgusts me. What a butt head



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 12,881, Level: 34
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lisbon, IA
    Posts
    525
    Points
    12,881
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    wow, 64 tickets worth over 1k, that is nice work.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 166,691, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,636
    Points
    166,691
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    As a former employee of the department of public safety at Iowa State I have just one thing to say:




  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 442,293, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,928
    Points
    442,293
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 25

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylax51 View Post
    wow, 64 tickets worth over 1k, that is nice work.
    I think it only takes 34 now. I think tickets went up to $30 this year.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    My first year at ISU my parking tickets totaled about the same as tuition on my U-bill.



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 89,292, Level: 92
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,339
    Points
    89,292
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 26

    Talking Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    I think it only takes 34 now. I think tickets went up to $30 this year.
    Glad I live in Freddy where there are basically zero ways of getting a ticket unless stupidity is a factor.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 51,035, Level: 69
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Broodwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    42.186391, -93.598597
    Posts
    2,044
    Points
    51,035
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    I had a friend in college get charged with 5th degree theft for hanging a Kmart receipt on his rear view mirror when his car was parked at Towers.

    DO NOT CROSS THE PARKING DIVISION. They will throw everything at you including the kitchen sink. They have no hesitation to throw the book at dangerous suburbanite college kids who incur parking citations.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 119,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,086
    Points
    119,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 95

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    I had a friend in college get charged with 5th degree theft for hanging a Kmart receipt on his rear view mirror when his car was parked at Towers.

    DO NOT CROSS THE PARKING DIVISION. They will throw everything at you including the kitchen sink. They have no hesitation to throw the book at dangerous suburbanite college kids who incur parking citations.
    Yep, but what do you expect. Those guys really have a chip on their shoulder. And I would too if I got rejected from my dream job as a mall cop!



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 19,270, Level: 42
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    684
    Points
    19,270
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    5 years of prison time for screwing with campus parking tickets? What a crock. As far as I am concerned it is the ISU parking division that is a bunch of crooks. And no, I don't have a personal reason for feeling this way, in 6 years on campus I could probably count the number of tickets I got on one hand.
    Why are they crooks? Not sure where your indignation comes from but I can tell you few things **** me off more than paying c. $120 a year for a general staff parking pass only to come to work every morning with students (or others) parking in reserved spaces. There are few around my bldg. and it's a roll of the dice every day whether or not there will be a space available.

    I hate being that guy, but I have made calls to ISU parking to have cars removed (which they only do for repeat offenders). I'm thankful the division at least responds and writes tickets to discourage people from parking in designated areas.


    There was one?

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 409,978, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,370
    Points
    409,978
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 205

    Re: Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by josh777 View Post
    Why are they crooks? Not sure where your indignation comes from but I can tell you few things **** me off more than paying c. $120 a year for a general staff parking pass only to come to work every morning with students (or others) parking in reserved spaces. There are few around my bldg. and it's a roll of the dice every day whether or not there will be a space available.

    I hate being that guy, but I have made calls to ISU parking to have cars removed (which they only do for repeat offenders). I'm thankful the division at least responds and writes tickets to discourage people from parking in designated areas.
    I have no problem with them enforcing it during the day when the lot being full is an issue. That is the reason theyre there. However, when they go around ticketing people at 4:50, when the lots are completely empty except for a few cars, and most of those dont have passes, its a bit ridiculous.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM