Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I am planning to make the trek to Ames from St. Louis for the game on 8/31. I remember us talking a while back about possibly setting up a 'Fanatic Tailgate' Well, the people I was originally going to tailgate with and go to the game with recently backed out, so I am now even more curious about whether we can set something up for that game as I would really like to get some quality Cyclone tailgating in prior to the game.

Anyone have thoughts on this? It's probably worthwhile to begin the process of setting it up if we are going to do it, as we really aren't that far away now.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I know that I'm probably being paranoid here but I think that would be a bad idea to have scheduled meetings of an internet community. If word got out that we were doing this we could attract the wrong kind of people. And, god forbid, if something like that did happen, no matter how remote the possibility is, i dont think Jeremy would want to deal with the terrible publicity and the site would probably be closed. Now ask yourselves, Is it worth it?

I'm not doing this to be a party-pooper, and i would enjoy a CF Tailgate as much as the next guy but i dont think we should put ourselves in that position. Just one guys honest opinion.

God Bless America

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    People would be tailgating whether or not any of us did. If someone wanted to do something they could do it at any game. I doubt anything bad would come of it.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone33 &#064; 07&#045;02&#045;06 5&#58;25 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I know that I&#39;m probably being paranoid here but I think that would be a bad idea to have scheduled meetings of an internet community. If word got out that we were doing this we could attract the wrong kind of people. And, god forbid, if something like that did happen, no matter how remote the possibility is, i dont think Jeremy would want to deal with the terrible publicity and the site would probably be closed. Now ask yourselves, Is it worth it?

I&#39;m not doing this to be a party-pooper, and i would enjoy a CF Tailgate as much as the next guy but i dont think we should put ourselves in that position. Just one guys honest opinion.

[/b][/quote]

the possiblities boggle the mind...there we are minding our own business..grilling weenies and sipping Foster&#39;s and Guiness..when over the ridge we hear a bugle charge...the thundering of feet...and the fluttering of the CR flag with Paul dabbed in warpaint..exclaiming " fight and you may die. Run and you&#39;ll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they&#39;ll never take our web-site&#33;"

meanwhile...Nancy and I make our escape for love in my Geo Metro

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,463
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; 07&#045;12&#045;06 9&#58;11 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

meanwhile...Nancy and I make our escape for love in my Geo Metro [/b][/quote]

Love with Nancy in a Geo Metro?? It better be a hatchback.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CyinCo &#064; 07&#045;12&#045;06 9&#58;57 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Love with Nancy in a Geo Metro?? It better be a hatchback.

[/b][/quote]

my bad

our "escape for love" was in the philosophical sense...not in the steamy..sweaty..accompanied by air farts mode of love.

However...that does paint quite the image.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,463
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; 07&#045;12&#045;06 10&#58;06 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

my bad

our "escape for love" was in the philosophical sense...not in the steamy..sweaty..accompanied by air farts mode of love.

However...that does paint quite the image.

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2
    We always tailgate in the grass lot (student lot) right on Elwood. We have a couple flags flying and music playing. Anyone is welcome, just look for an ISU license plate that says "3 Chris"

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    brow you should pitch that idea to someone in Hollywood or vancouver

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone33 &#064; 07&#045;02&#045;06 6&#58;25 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I know that I&#39;m probably being paranoid here but I think that would be a bad idea to have scheduled meetings of an internet community. If word got out that we were doing this we could attract the wrong kind of people. And, god forbid, if something like that did happen, no matter how remote the possibility is, i dont think Jeremy would want to deal with the terrible publicity and the site would probably be closed. Now ask yourselves, Is it worth it?

I&#39;m not doing this to be a party-pooper, and i would enjoy a CF Tailgate as much as the next guy but i dont think we should put ourselves in that position. Just one guys honest opinion.

[/b][/quote]

Clone33,

What the hell are you talking about?

Seriously.

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vanillathrilla &#064; 07&#045;12&#045;06 12&#58;06 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> We always tailgate in the grass lot (student lot) right on Elwood. We have a couple flags flying and music playing. Anyone is welcome, just look for an ISU license plate that says "3 Chris" [/b][/quote]

I may actually take you up on that. Hope to meet some more of you &#39;Fanatics&#39; there as well.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheHelgo &#064; 07&#045;12&#045;06 12&#58;36 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I may actually take you up on that. Hope to meet some more of you &#39;Fanatics&#39; there as well.

[/b][/quote]

I will make my way down to that location as well and have a pint.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone33 &#064; 07&#045;02&#045;06 6&#58;25 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I know that I&#39;m probably being paranoid here but I think that would be a bad idea to have scheduled meetings of an internet community. If word got out that we were doing this we could attract the wrong kind of people. And, god forbid, if something like that did happen, no matter how remote the possibility is, i dont think Jeremy would want to deal with the terrible publicity and the site would probably be closed. Now ask yourselves, Is it worth it?

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I&#39;m confused just as others are why this could be a bad idea. I&#39;m working (or will be soon) with Chris @ CN to plan one, why not this site too.

Better yet, get as many members from the three big message boards all together - have one big ISU message board junkie tailgate. Put faces with the handles and have some brews&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2
    You guys are more than welcome to stop by. We will have plenty of beverages. I&#39;ll be done with class at 9:30, so should be in line by 10 or 10:30.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95
    everyone is more than welcome to hit up the Team Wop tailgate. We named ourselves after our fav drink, wop, which is beer, lemonade concetrate, and vodka. It sounds disgusting, but its quite tasty, and it will "wop" you right onto your a&#036;&#036;. We tend to get pretty generous when we make large batches. We have a beer pong table, and co-ordinated t-shirts that proclaim "the rules of tailgating". Chances are we will all skip class on thursday and be in line about 6AM. If you see a guy in an Ennis Haywood jersey thats too small, thats probably me. Our vehicle will probably be a little 2wd Ford Ranger. If were out of food and drink, we&#39;re always up for shooting the **** with other fanatics, so if you notice us, stop on by. August 31st cant come soon enough. Go Clones&#33;

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.