Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

This is interesting

Big Ten suspends Coleman, OSU not happy - College Football Nation - ESPN

In issuing Coleman's suspension, the Big Ten cited a new NCAA rule requiring conference to review flagrant personal fouls, especially those involving helmet-to-helmet contact and "targeting an opponent."

From the Big Ten's news release:

In the 2009-10 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations, Rule 9-6, Article 2, states: “When there is a foul called for initiating contact/targeting an opponent [Rule 9-1-3] that does not result in a player disqualification, there shall automatically be a video review by the conference for possible additional sanctions before the next scheduled game.” Rule 9-1, Article 3.a., states in part that “no player shall initiate contact and target an opponent with the crown [top] of his helmet.” Rule 9-1, Article 3.b., states in part that “no player shall initiate contact and target a defenseless opponent above the shoulders."
    I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a conference suspending a player before. Wonder if we are going to start seeing this in the Big 12.

I also love the first statement:
    The Big Ten might lack a top 5 team, but the league leads the nation in suspending its own players.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 537
    Given: 72

Re: This is interesting

Jonas Mouton at Michigan a couple weeks ago. The funny part about that one is that there was no call made during the game. I actually like this rule. It takes it out of the coaches biased hands. I do, however, think that the punishment must fit the crime and there should be intent to harm the person in more than just a football manner such as a punch or something outside the game. I just hope they don't get out of hand on this.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 169

Re: This is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Jonas Mouton at Michigan a couple weeks ago. The funny part about that one is that there was no call made during the game. I actually like this rule. It takes it out of the coaches biased hands. I do, however, think that the punishment must fit the crime and there should be intent to harm the person in more than just a football manner such as a punch or something outside the game. I just hope they don't get out of hand on this.
    VERY well put, but you just know it will get out of hand and then there will be one instance that will happen that will be so ridiculous in severity it will call for a rethinking of the whole process.

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!