View Poll Results: How many wins this year?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3

    2 1.33%
  • 4

    14 9.33%
  • 5

    52 34.67%
  • 6

    65 43.33%
  • > 6

    17 11.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 135,716, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    135,716
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    Ok, time to see how optimistic everybody is ...



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 404,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,070
    Points
    404,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 107

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    I'm gonna say 5-6



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 94,064, Level: 95
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 986
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,924
    Points
    94,064
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 169

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    6-6 wins over Colorado, K-State, and Baylor.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 206,569, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,441
    Points
    206,569
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 223

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    5 wins, just enough to match Chizik's record in half the time.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 431,706, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,788
    Points
    431,706
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 15

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    I want to say 6 but that would mean Iowa State doesn't break my heart this year. The Big 12 North hasn't exactly been lighting the place on fire. The only games I have as definite losses are Oklahoma State, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. I think we have a shot at KU in Lawrence. I think we have a very realistic chance at Kansas State in Kansas City. If we can beat Kansas State handily, that confidence might be enough to keep us in it vs. KU in Lawrence. If we can go into Nebraska with 5 wins, I think we play Nebraska close, but still get beat by 14-17 in the end. Getting blown out vs. Texas A&M or Oklahoma could be a bad blow and make the Colorado game a lot more nerve racking than most of us would like. If Colorado is win #6, we might be playing Missouri in Columbia for 3rd in the North.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 313,819, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,536
    Points
    313,819
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 20

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    a couple of more wins would be awesome.... If and I mean a big IF we win next week vs KSU Then I will start once agian drinking the kool-aid for a bowl berth...............



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 114,056, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,928
    Points
    114,056
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 41

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    I want to say 6 but that would mean Iowa State doesn't break my heart this year. The Big 12 North hasn't exactly been lighting the place on fire. The only games I have as definite losses are Oklahoma State, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. I think we have a shot at KU in Lawrence. I think we have a very realistic chance at Kansas State in Kansas City. If we can beat Kansas State handily, that confidence might be enough to keep us in it vs. KU in Lawrence. If we can go into Nebraska with 5 wins, I think we play Nebraska close, but still get beat by 14-17 in the end. Getting blown out vs. Texas A&M or Oklahoma could be a bad blow and make the Colorado game a lot more nerve racking than most of us would like. If Colorado is win #6, we might be playing Missouri in Columbia for 3rd in the North.
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with just about everything you said in your post.

    Why would A&M be a definite loss? I have them as a maybe and possibly even the game that takes us from a 6 win bowl to a 7 win bowl. I see absolutely no chance of us playing close in Lincoln. Colorado has put on some of the worst performances that I have seen in a long time this year. They way that a lot of BigXII teams have been playing this year though, I would say absolutely anything is possible.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 135,716, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    135,716
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    Does AA have anybody else nervous? He's going to start making routine completions one of these games right?

    That first one last night to Hamilton would have been a pick-6 verses any Big 12 corner.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    7-6. We beat Baylor, Colorado and K-state. We get into a no-name bowl, beat our opponent 20-13. We lose at Nebraska, TAMU, Mizzou, Kansas, and get beaten soundly at home by Okie State.(But the loss to A&M is within a touchdown.)


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 14,546, Level: 36
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mramseyISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Waterloo, IA
    Posts
    1,010
    Points
    14,546
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    My vote was for 5 wins and then I read that Baylor lost their QB for the rest of the year. Now I'm thinking 6 isn't out of the question. The way I see it KSU, Colorado, Now Baylor and TAMU all being winnable games. We'll screw one up that we should win and pull out one that we shouldn't win out of that bunch.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 101,129, Level: 99
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,921
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    HiltonMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,180
    Points
    101,129
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 33

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    5. 2 out of Kansas State, Baylor, and Colorado.


    Don't confuse hope for a plan.

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 431,706, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,788
    Points
    431,706
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 15

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with just about everything you said in your post.

    Why would A&M be a definite loss? I have them as a maybe and possibly even the game that takes us from a 6 win bowl to a 7 win bowl. I see absolutely no chance of us playing close in Lincoln. Colorado has put on some of the worst performances that I have seen in a long time this year. They way that a lot of BigXII teams have been playing this year though, I would say absolutely anything is possible.
    1. Their offense has been off the charts, albeit against awful teams.
    2. We are after two away games. They're going to be happy to be home.
    3. It's possible we get annihilated in Lincoln and don't show up in College Station.
    4. Jerrod Johnson sliced and diced our defense last season. (31/39 for 381, 4 TDs, 1 rushing TD, and we only sacked him once)
    5. Flag Guy will be in attendance and we have like...a 1-10 record when he's at road games.

    Additionally, I'm not ready to call Colorado a win. Yes, they've been awful. However, we're going to be coming off @ Nebraska, @ Texas A&M, and home against Oklahoma State. It's very possible we could get absolutely **** pounded in those 3 games and have exactly 0 confidence heading into that game.


    Last edited by IcSyU; 09-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 355,836, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,898
    Points
    355,836
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 39

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    I think 7 wins now. I really think we beat KSU, Colorado and Baylor. I also think we beat one other team that maybe we shouldn't. I just think we can compete with every team except OSU if they show up. I would like to write us off against them, however I was at the Oklahoma game two years ago and we had a real chance to beat them. Keep in mind this team will get better every game, or should. Considering the circumstances our learning curve should be very steep. Of course, all of this in assuming Arob is servicable. If he isn't, let's see someone step in and fill his roll cuz I wanna go to a bowl game.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 856,868, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,042
    Points
    856,868
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,284
    Given: 1,116

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    1. Their offense has been off the charts, albeit against awful teams.
    2. We are after two away games. They're going to be happy to be home.
    3. It's possible we get annihilated in Lincoln and don't show up in College Station.
    4. Jerrod Johnson sliced and diced our defense last season. (31/39 for 381, 4 TDs, 1 rushing TD, and we only sacked him once)
    5. Flag Guy will be in attendance and we have like...a 1-10 record when he's at road games.

    Additionally, I'm not ready to call Colorado a win. Yes, they've been awful. However, we're going to be coming off @ Nebraska, @ Texas A&M, and home against Oklahoma State. It's very possible we could get absolutely **** pounded in those 3 games and have exactly 0 confidence heading into that game.
    Hate the Flag Guy.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 135,716, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    135,716
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: 3-1 ... how many wins this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Hate the Flag Guy.
    we should probably start making HTFG bracelets. I bet they out sell Lance.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM