Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU/K-State Volleyball Yesterday

My wife, kids and I attended yesterday's Volleyball match before going to the Football game last night. Seems like a lot of people did the same thing. It was the first time we'd attended a Volleyball match in person and I've got to say that it was awesome! We had a great time, the kids loved it and it was remarkably affordable. $5 adults/$4 kids and free admission to Lil Clone members. It was a great way to spend some time prior to the Football game and the ISU ladies won 3-0 in a very entertaining match.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

Re: ISU/K-State Volleyball Yesterday

i agree i was also there.. was a good time.. and allowed enough time to do some tailgating after the game.. was perfect

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Season tickets for twelve home matches was only twentyfive dollars. Best sports buy in town. Unlike when I go to the football and basketball games I even take my wife.

Thumbs Up

It was nice to see a crowd of 2,000 but, my only thought is that they should have advertised the game better. I would tend to think they could have possibly had double that crowd if more tailgaters knew about the match. For instance, there was no signage (that I'm aware of) outside the stadium. While we were entering the Hilton a guy stopped us and asked what was going on inside and we told him about the Volleyball match. He had no idea.

Thumbs Up

I was just looking at the schedule and it looks like the only other time this season when Volleyball and Football will be home on the same day is November 7. Pretty big day with OSU in town for Football and Nebraska for VB. The VB match is scheduled for 6:30pm but, I'd imagine that time could be changed (like they did yesterday) depending on what the start time ends up being for Football. My wife and I have already discussed doing the same thing we did yesterday and attending both!

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

.....And there are a lot of hotties there.

Thumbs Up

They really do need to advertise the games more. I think the crowd would have been a lot better. I had two ladies Saturday approach me and talk about how glad they were that there was a volleyball game, so that they didn't have to sit outside and tailgate with their husbands.

I loved the game. I can not wait to go back again!