Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Congrats!!!

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 10,783, Level: 31
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HawkfromNorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norwalk via Marshalltown
    Posts
    380
    Points
    10,783
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10

    Congrats!!!

    3-1 guys! Great job after what ol' cheesedick leftover! I didn't get to see any of the game but I was keeping track of it on my phone. You guys are coming along nicely and in all honesty I'm not looking forward to facing you guys the next couple of years. Looking forward, KSU is nothing, you guys will be 4-1 no problem!


    Watch it man there's a beverage here!

  2. #2
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 305,841, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,517
    Points
    305,841
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 536
    Given: 1,179

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Thanks for the props. Obviously you guys had a huge win and have a huge upside this year.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 37,260, Level: 59
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    helechopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,893
    Points
    37,260
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 95

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    3-1 guys! Great job after what ol' cheesedick leftover! I didn't get to see any of the game but I was keeping track of it on my phone. You guys are coming along nicely and in all honesty I'm not looking forward to facing you guys the next couple of years. Looking forward, KSU is nothing, you guys will be 4-1 no problem!
    All true.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,800, Level: 89
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,190
    Points
    82,800
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 11

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Not gonna lie, I'd be pretty stoked if I were an Iowa fan.




    ***King of Diplomacy***

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 10,783, Level: 31
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HawkfromNorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norwalk via Marshalltown
    Posts
    380
    Points
    10,783
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Thanks guys. The Iowa/PSU game was unbelievable. But thats not the point of this post. The Cyclones are really looking good. Seriously, at the beginning of the season, coming off of a two win season, who would of thought you guys would of been 3-1 and leaning towards 4-1? I read a lot of the posts on here. There weren't many who thought that. PR is going to be a great coach for you guys. As a Hawk, that worries me. He really reminds me of the way Dan O Mac coached.

    You guys have KSU next, and I really think you can beat them. As I stated before I think you guys also can take down Colorado. Sneak up on a team or two and you guys will be bowling no prob!


    Watch it man there's a beverage here!

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 410,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,384
    Points
    410,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 211

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'd be pretty stoked if I were an Iowa fan.
    +1.

    Honestly, the only thing that keeps me away from being one of those 'cheer for both as long as they arent playing' isnt their players or coaches or the university itself... its more the majority of their fanbase annoying the hell out of me. (the OP not included in this,it was nice to see a post from a hawk without backhanded compliments). Not gonna lie, itd be a fun time to be a hawk fan right now. (and god knows over the years itd probably be easier on the heart. )



  7. #7
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 305,841, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,517
    Points
    305,841
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 536
    Given: 1,179

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    Thanks guys. The Iowa/PSU game was unbelievable. But thats not the point of this post. The Cyclones are really looking good. Seriously, at the beginning of the season, coming off of a two win season, who would of thought you guys would of been 3-1 and leaning towards 4-1? I read a lot of the posts on here. There weren't many who thought that. PR is going to be a great coach for you guys. As a Hawk, that worries me. He really reminds me of the way Dan O Mac coached.

    Bite your tongue!! Just kidding...sort of.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 136,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    herbicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    8,639
    Points
    136,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson83 View Post
    +1.

    Honestly, the only thing that keeps me away from being one of those 'cheer for both as long as they arent playing' isnt their players or coaches or the university itself... its more the majority of their fanbase annoying the hell out of me. (the OP not included in this,it was nice to see a post from a hawk without backhanded compliments). Not gonna lie, itd be a fun time to be a hawk fan right now. (and god knows over the years itd probably be easier on the heart. )
    This is how I feel too. Good thing most of my Hawk fan friends are not the typical ones, they actually know football and don't worship Stanzi's undergarments.

    Now, I will probably be banned from this site, but I am glad they took the 2nd most overrated team in history down in their own turf.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,615, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    dustinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Points
    55,615
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    Thanks guys. The Iowa/PSU game was unbelievable. But thats not the point of this post. The Cyclones are really looking good. Seriously, at the beginning of the season, coming off of a two win season, who would of thought you guys would of been 3-1 and leaning towards 4-1? I read a lot of the posts on here. There weren't many who thought that. PR is going to be a great coach for you guys. As a Hawk, that worries me. He really reminds me of the way Dan O Mac coached.
    I appreciate the sentiment (particularly from a Hawk fan), but I think a lot of people here thought a 3-1 non-conference record was possible. The tough part of the season begins next week.

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    You guys have KSU next, and I really think you can beat them. As I stated before I think you guys also can take down Colorado. Sneak up on a team or two and you guys will be bowling no prob!
    I'll still be very pleasantly surprised if we can muster more than 2 wins in Big 12 play. I really, really hope I'm wrong though. After seeing KU get just a 7-point win over Southern Miss today, I'm beginning to think our game there may be winnable. Baylor and @ A&M are question marks for me right now.




  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 10,783, Level: 31
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HawkfromNorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norwalk via Marshalltown
    Posts
    380
    Points
    10,783
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Bite your tongue!! Just kidding...sort of.
    That's not a backhanded comment. Dan really cared for ISU. When he took over it was hard to swallow for a Hawk fan considering he played and coached for Iowa but you could really tell he cared for the team. PR is the same. He cares for the team. It's those type of coaches that will propel ISU to success, not flash in the pan guys like cheesedick who are looking ahead to other jobs.


    Watch it man there's a beverage here!

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 136,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    herbicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    8,639
    Points
    136,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Bite your tongue!! Just kidding...sort of.
    Had Mac been more aggressive, he'd still be coaching here.

    I think our coach understands that.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 137,195, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    stateofmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,760
    Points
    137,195
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 237

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by herbicide View Post
    Had Mac been more aggressive, he'd still be coaching here.

    I think our coach understands that.
    If he was afforded assistance he would've done great things. Chizik could afford good ones and hired buddies. CPR knows what he has and what he needs. There is a **** ton of work to do with ISU this year, and they still are winning big.



  13. #13
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 305,841, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,517
    Points
    305,841
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 536
    Given: 1,179

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    That's not a backhanded comment. Dan really cared for ISU. When he took over it was hard to swallow for a Hawk fan considering he played and coached for Iowa but you could really tell he cared for the team. PR is the same. He cares for the team. It's those type of coaches that will propel ISU to success, not flash in the pan guys like cheesedick who are looking ahead to other jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbicide View Post
    Had Mac been more aggressive, he'd still be coaching here.

    I think our coach understands that.
    Yeah, I didn't think it was backhanded, just that his playcalling drove us nuts sometimes. He did a lot of great things for the school clearly and I love having a coach who wants to be here. Mainly just a joke toward the fact that his playcalling drove us nuts at times.

    I am extremely happy to be 3-1 and am very happy with our coaching staff.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 483,477, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,515
    Points
    483,477
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 896
    Given: 643

    Re: Congrats!!!

    I know it's very early to say, but I think Rhoads eventually will do what McCarney wasn't able to do - get us past the 7-win plateau on consistent basis. If you listened to the halftime interview, Rhoads seemed ****** that the defense allowed Army to score that TD before half. Said the team took its foot off the gas pedal. Notice Army didn't score any points after halftime (yeah, they did miss a FG). It's early, but it seems like Rhoads makes the halftime adjustments.

    I think it's going to be an exciting next couple of years for ISU. We could be seeing the beginnings of something special here.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  15. #15
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 305,841, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,517
    Points
    305,841
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 536
    Given: 1,179

    Re: Congrats!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post

    I think it's going to be an exciting next couple of years for ISU. We could be seeing the beginnings of something special here.
    I hope so, and I think so too...with guarded optimism.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM