Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I was only able to see the first two games, and no Cyclones played in the first game. In the 2nd game, Corey McIntosh and Cory Johnson (Coke) were there for the whole game; Mike Taylor (MOHA) only showed up about midway through the 2nd half. It was a pretty close game throughout, but MOHA pulled away a little at the end. The Coke team definitely has some weaknesses; there just aren't many scoring options beyond Corey and Cory. Ajay Calvin seems fairly inconsistent.

Corey McIntosh had an outstanding game. He scored a lot from everywhere. Several times he left his defender in the dust with his quick moves. Because he can hit the J, defenders have to respect his fakes, which allows him to be more creative offensively. He had some nice passes, many of which were fumbled because the receiver was surprised. Again, I was impressed with his leadership. Also, apparently he's a pretty funny guy; he's always cracking up the refs and other players.

Cory Johnson played OK. He had some foul troubles (mostly due to being out of position on D), which limited his effectiveness. He still managed to score a lot of different ways. I think the best word to describe his offensive game is "crafty". Once he adds some D to his game, he'll be an outstanding player.

Mike Taylor saw very limited time. But he did all right when he was in. He is ultra quick.

I wish I could have seen the last game. Jiri Hubalek and Wesley Johnson were there. I'm curious how they played.

Oh, and the world's largest anus was there--the putz who roots for the Central College players and Sean Haluska. He was ragging on the refs and the players really loud. Apparently, in his mind, it's David (Central) against Goliath (ISU/Drake). Someone needs to tell this guy to STFU.

GO CYCLONES!

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks Cygoat, its great to hear that McIntosh is doing so well. i think the team will only go as far as Corey goes. If we dont have a consistent, tough, leader in someone other than rahshon, he will face the same problems Curtis did last season (feeling to much responsible leading to bad decision making) and that will kill us. We need a solid rock, if you will, to help rahshon out. I was hoping a bigman could do that, but it doesnt look like that will happen.

God Bless America

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah progress is always good to hear. Doesnt surprise me theres another dumb haluska.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 26
    I was able to see the last two games - cygoat was right on about McIntosh. Just an amazing floor leader. He's very quick, and did so many things with his dribble. He's always in a crouch at the top of the arc, low to the ground with his dribble. Uses that really well in order to put the moves on the defender. Broke 4 or 5 sets of ankles that night. He also passes quicker than anyone i've seen in a while. He threaded quite a few passes through the middle - some times caught and put in, and other times fumbled as cygoat said. Some guys were just not ready for the pass to be coming at them through all that traffic. He moves to the hoop well, but not like Will and Curtis did - they used alot of their power to make their way to the basket. Corey's a little undersized on the court, and sure used that to his advantage. Did well splitting defenders and using the backside to make his way to the basket. On defense, he's stays low to the ground as well, but has problems when he has to switch to guard a bigger man. When their team got displaced on defense, he just wasn't big enough to handle some of the bigger forwards i thought. He can jump high to get a hand in their shot, but that makes it easy for them to fake the shot, step and shoot. McIntosh DID hit a few threes - only missed a couple if i remember right. He's got a very pretty shot from out there.

As for Corey Johnson, i wasn't as impressed as i had hoped. It may have been that he just had a poor outing. He was out of position quite a few times on defense - but he has a really nice push to the hoop when he gets the ball down low. His little two-hand hook shot that i saw him shoot a couple times looks a little weird, but i don't remember him missing any of them. He needs to get a butt in somebody when the shot goes up to get a few more rebounds, but i think McD will have that established pretty early.

In the 3rd game I got to see Juri play. I think that he is MORE fit than the last time I saw him. He is ALSO skinnier. In other words, he looks more toned and muscular than i think he was last year, but he's lost body fat by the looks of it. Good or bad, you guys can decide for yourselves. He was pretty amazing from the arc tho. I would say he went 5-6 or 6-7. He was just draining everything. Played more up top with high screens and on the wings opposed to down low. He was a little slow up and down the court I thought, dragged his feet just a little bit.

Clark's team was under-manned that night, I think they played with 7. A little short on talent. Clark had a pretty good defensive night, but wasn't really on from anywhere outside of 10 feet. He was defended well by the other team tho.

As for Wesley Johnson, the best description I can give to convey his game is that he is pretty much a Rashon Clark clone. Their play is very very similar. They both played in the 3rd game, which was a treat, because i got to see Clark defend Johnson, and vice versa. Wesley has a couple of inches on Clark, but they are both tall and a lanky - fit - with huge wingspans. Like clark, i think johnson spent more time above the rim than on the floor. He follows his shots to the hoop just like clark does, and is always trying to crash to the boards. He had quite a few nice dunks and putbacks. Some of those came at the end tho, Johnson's team was up quite a bit, and with time winding down, everybody just kinda starting putting on the show. Also, he seemed to be a pretty good ball handler. He has good control, an can do quite a few things with his long arms.

Hope that gives you guys some more on these new players of ours. Won't be able to make it to tonite's games, but i expect some of you will. ;-) Hope the 4th was enjoyable!