Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239

Corey McIntosh

I'm really quite shocked there hasn't already been a thread started in dedication to Corey's play from last night.

We'll start threads about Jiri and beg to have his scholly taken away. We'll start threads about how poor our guards do. We'll even get things kicked off about who will leave next year and list who we hope it is.

Yet when a player that's struggled most of the year has his best game of the season (and likely his 2nd best the previous game) - nada. I apologizefor being a bit upset - I just get a bit testy when we mostly recognize players for poor play rather than when they break out.

Hats off to McIntosh. If he doesn't lead the subs late in the first half and get us going with some 3's in the 2nd - we don't win.

The think I like most though - is he now is driving to the hoop. Something only one other player has done all season.

I think he's finally starting to play some good basketball Not to mention, the kid seems very smart. That will continue to help him a ton.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 426

Re: Corey McIntosh

I couldn't agree more. People have been dishing on him all season. He is one small dude, but I think with how he's doing now and an entire summer of working out and honing skills, he could rattle himself free of the attitude people have of him. I think he has great potential as do I think with everyone on the team.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 0

I agree, and where I thought Garrett was a mortal lock to be a starter next season, if Corey keeps playing like this they should at least split minutes. Corey is playing very good right now.

I was actually going to start the Go Corey thread but I was researching the attendance thread and I didn't want to start 8 threads in 30 minutes.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239

I've noticed he's been running the point the past few games too. Seems to be helping us quite a bit - allowing Mike to be free to get open for shots. If only he wouldn't take so many 3-pointers from the parking lot.

Corey is confident, even when he's not having a great game. I like that - nothing seems to rattle him or get him discouraged. You gotta have that to play point guard in the Big 12.

If this is the play we can continue to see from him - taking good shots when they come to him - I like Bryce - think Corey will still see a lot of minutes next year.

Kansas will be a big test for him. We'll definitely find out if his better play is more him or more the level of competition.

Addict
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 58

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I'm really quite shocked there hasn't already been a thread started in dedication to Corey's play from last night.
    I think he's finally starting to play some good basketball Not to mention, the kid seems very smart. That will continue to help him a ton.
    Couldn't agree more...I've loved Corey's attitude and enthusiasm all year long. I almost had goosebumps last night seeing him hit the second and third three (and almost a fourth that looked good from my angle). If he continues to combine knocking down the occasional outside shot with a little agressiveness, he could easily be good for 6-10 a game, which would be huge for us. He's a guy that rarely seems to make a "stupid mistake". When he does turn it over, it has appeared to be more of a physical limitation/passiveness thing. If he continues being aggressive I think he's going to be tough to knock out of the starting lineup next year. I actually told my wife later in the second half last night that even if we lost that game, I was going to feel good about it just because I thought we saw Corey turn a corner. Lets hope he keeps it going!

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 28

If Corey played like this all season, we would have won the Kansas game. Probably two more that we did lose we would have won.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

His play shows he is maturing and proving he can play point guard. He did a great job last night and it was great to watch.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

i was going to start this thread but i didnt think any 1 would notice it.. all year i have been backing up Corey and Ross.. and all year i have been getting crap for it.. well last nite corey had a career night and ross played solid D.
    i stil dont understand why people are so negative about our own players..

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    i was going to start this thread but i didnt think any 1 would notice it.. all year i have been backing up Corey and Ross.. and all year i have been getting crap for it.. well last nite corey had a career night and ross played solid D.
    i stil dont understand why people are so negative about our own players..
    That's one thing that it doesn't seem many people noticed. Ross played very well when he was in there. He's the kind of guy that can contribute in ways that the box score won't tell you about.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 2

If Corey can start to be a real point guard for us, that'll help our team immensely. Over the season I've started to notice him driving to the basket more, and that helps a lot. I enjoy it when I get to see him drive in, stop, and then step out for a mid-size jumper. He really doesn't shoot the ball very often, and although he most likely won't be a dominant scorer, being able to move the ball and hit a few shots can be HUGE for the team.

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 9

Thumbs up Re: Corey McIntosh

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    While I agree that Corey played well last night (and it was a welcome sight), there hasn't been much discussion of the game at all.

I don't know about anybody else, but I was more than a little distressed at the way ISU struggled at home with a horrid Colorado team. It's not that my expectations are out of whack for this team; I just didn't expect we'd wait until the last three minutes of the game before we recorded our first lead! My feelings following the game were more relief than joy...

Having said that, I'm still happy with a W, any W, against any team. And while I haven't been dogging McIntosh like many others, he does deserve some high praise for his efforts last evening...

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Did anyone else hear his postgame interview? He is quite articulate and well spoken.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He finally put up some numbers worthy of a D1 starting PG. Too bad I only know this by looking at the box score (thanks directv). I was surprised to see that he didn't have a turnover. While following the game last night I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that he hit multiple threes. I hope he continues to prove me wrong, as I don't mind eating crow if it means an ISU win and continued improvement.

Pro Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I was impressed with how well spoken Wesley and Cory were in the interviews last night. Not the "man" "you know" and "ums" that are typical with many athletes.

Walk On
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I am glad to see that Cory is starting to play well. I am sure that he has been working hard and is now getting rewarded for it. Now that he finally has some confidence I think he will be better. He is small, but I think he is starting to understand how to play with his lack of size. His descison making has gotten better as well, most notable, knowing when to push the ball up the court and when not to. Unlike when Mike Taylor tried to take the ball up the court real quick and ran into a Colorado guy before he even caught the ball cleanly. Maybe now we will have someone who can give us just a few points that may put us over the top in some games next year that we came up short this year.