Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 0

Hilarious - From Box Score

TURNOVERS: 10 (C Johnson 1, M Taylor 8, D Dunson 1)

Honestly, it doesn't even bother me anymore, it just amuses me. God has given me the ability to accept the things I cannot change in this instance, and the hilarity is just too much sometimes.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 23

Re: Hilarious - From Box Score

While this is amusing, I think it says something about McIntosh's play last night. He was in the whole time, and to have no TOs, thats pretty solid. He was aggressive, quick, and put up some good shots. I really hope he continues to play with that level of confidence, aggressiveness, and overall ability the rest of the year and into next season. GO CYCLONES!!!

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 94

He had to have a good TO night to keep his national lead.

Mission Accomplished.

Walk On
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The sad thing is the 1 from dunson should have been Taylor's as well. It was a wild pass that was tipped by CO then by Dunson.

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I posted this in the Big 12 stats thread as well.

He leads the nation by 15.

Link

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If McIntosh can continue to play like he did last night, that will help free up some shots for Taylor. The problem, though, is that Taylor struggles with the open shots...he makes the tough ones.

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    TURNOVERS: 10 (C Johnson 1, M Taylor 8, D Dunson 1)

Honestly, it doesn't even bother me anymore, it just amuses me. God has given me the ability to accept the things I cannot change in this instance, and the hilarity is just too much sometimes.
    I don't get the joke.

Like it or not, Mike Taylor is one of the only true scoring threats we have on the team. He's not a true point guard, but he is one of the only guys besides WJ who can create his own shot. Dodie and C Mac rarely do, Clark can't, and the bigs aren't really supposed to.

Maybe Coach Mac can have Pollard work a deal before the trading deadline to get us a true point man....oh wait, this isn't the NBA. So I guess that means we're stuck with having to work with the tools we've got until next season. Mike Taylor is going to be Mike Taylor, and Coach Mac seems ok with that (He's cut down his turnovers a bunch since Nov 3rd). And, since coach sees this team in practice every day, I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Mac knows better than any of us who gives this team it's best shot to win, and who should get the minutes.

Why some continue to be red-assed about this when we havent been in the conference title hunt since Jan 18, and clearly don't have a shot at the NCAA's is beyond me. This team is pretty good considering the turmoil that began last March.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by JJ4ISU View Post
    If McIntosh can continue to play like he did last night, that will help free up some shots for Taylor. The problem, though, is that Taylor struggles with the open shots...he makes the tough ones.
    Like when he forces a 3 when McIntosh is wide open for a 3 and wants the ball, yet he somehow banks it in to tie the game.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

Take it easy tough guy. It doesn't bother me really at all. Like you said, I consider us even out of the NIT hunt and I know he's been put in a tough spot. I expect to see those numbers drop dramatically when Garrett and McIntosh handle the ball full time next year.

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 247cy View Post
    I don't get the joke.

Like it or not, Mike Taylor is one of the only true scoring threats we have on the team. He's not a true point guard, but he is one of the only guys besides WJ who can create his own shot. Dodie and C Mac rarely do, Clark can't, and the bigs aren't really supposed to.

Maybe Coach Mac can have Pollard work a deal before the trading deadline to get us a true point man....oh wait, this isn't the NBA. So I guess that means we're stuck with having to work with the tools we've got until next season. Mike Taylor is going to be Mike Taylor, and Coach Mac seems ok with that (He's cut down his turnovers a bunch since Nov 3rd). And, since coach sees this team in practice every day, I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Mac knows better than any of us who gives this team it's best shot to win, and who should get the minutes.

Why some continue to be red-assed about this when we havent been in the conference title hunt since Jan 18, and clearly don't have a shot at the NCAA's is beyond me. This team is pretty good considering the turmoil that began last March.
    I understand that Taylor isn't a point guard but don't you think your starting shooting guard should have an assist to turnover ratio higher than 0.8?? I do.

Everyone pretty much lets his TOs slide because he scores. If McIntosh does this, he is burned at the stake (even more than he already has).

And he hasn't cut his turnovers down since Nov. 3 (that date is the start of exhibition play so I'm not sure what you are talking about here). He leads the nation in turnovers...and by more than 10% over the 2nd place guy.

Mike Taylor gives us a chance to win but he also costs us a lot of shot attempts which equates to loss of points. He had 12 points last night and 8 turnovers. We could get 6-8 extra shots per game.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Fan View Post
    The sad thing is the 1 from dunson should have been Taylor's as well. It was a wild pass that was tipped by CO then by Dunson.

I wouldn't call that a wild pass. It just got tipped. Maybe an ill-advised pass since the defender got a hand on it, but you'll never throw a pass in your life if you don't throw it when a defender has a chance to tip it.

Also, I'm in the camp (alone maybe) that thinks McIntosh we see more point guard time next year than Garrett. One thing that helped him immensely in this game was a lack of ball pressure. Colorado didn't pressure the ball or the passing lanes, they just sat back in the zone. Why do I think McIntosh will get more PT? He'll get stronger and be able to handle the pressure. If he can hit a few shots in then lane or drive for layups, it'll open everything else up. With a bit more muscle, he'll be able to do that.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    I understand that Taylor isn't a point guard but don't you think your starting shooting guard should have an assist to turnover ratio higher than 0.8?? I do.

Everyone pretty much lets his TOs slide because he scores. If McIntosh does this, he is burned at the stake (even more than he already has).

And he hasn't cut his turnovers down since Nov. 3 (that date is the start of exhibition play so I'm not sure what you are talking about here). He leads the nation in turnovers...and by more than 10% over the 2nd place guy.

Mike Taylor gives us a chance to win but he also costs us a lot of shot attempts which equates to loss of points. He had 12 points last night and 8 turnovers. We could get 6-8 extra shots per game.
    It should be better, but should we bench him? I still think him playing gives us the best opportunity to win.

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clone52 View Post
    It should be better, but should we bench him? I still think him playing gives us the best opportunity to win.
    No way should we bench him...it's just something that we have learned to live with. I guess my point is that we really haven't seen any improvement with him.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by clone52 View Post
    I wouldn't call that a wild pass. It just got tipped. Maybe an ill-advised pass since the defender got a hand on it, but you'll never throw a pass in your life if you don't throw it when a defender has a chance to tip it.

Also, I'm in the camp (alone maybe) that thinks McIntosh we see more point guard time next year than Garrett. One thing that helped him immensely in this game was a lack of ball pressure. Colorado didn't pressure the ball or the passing lanes, they just sat back in the zone. Why do I think McIntosh will get more PT? He'll get stronger and be able to handle the pressure. If he can hit a few shots in then lane or drive for layups, it'll open everything else up. With a bit more muscle, he'll be able to do that.
    McIntosh showed that he has a jump shot that we can use in our offense. He has a solid mid range jumper, he just hasn't had a chance to show it off that much.

I think it's great to see in transition when he pulls up around the free throw line and hits the jumper.

One thing I hope he can improve is distributing the ball during fast breaks in which we have numbers. We've had a couple of ugly finishes with that. Last night on the east end it looked like Wesley could have had a monster dunk had Corey gotten the ball to him, but he took it himself and was unable to finish.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 161

How many turnovers did C.M. have? 0?

Yeah...but he stinks....