No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 809,487, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,731
    Points
    809,487
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,253
    Given: 322

    No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener


    AMES, Iowa – No. 10 Iowa State got 12 kills from Victoria Henson and 10 from Diane Kieger to defeat Colorado, 3-0 (25-18, 25-14, 25-13), in the Big 12 opener at Hilton Coliseum Wednesday night. With the win, Iowa State improves to 9-1 overall, marking the best start in school history after 10 matches.

    More at www.cyclones.com.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 40,084, Level: 61
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,064
    Points
    40,084
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 29

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    It hasn't been that often that Iowa State fans can watch a top ten team on our home court, especially an ISU top ten team. Even if you don't know much about volleyball, I think you'd really like watching our volleyball team. If you have the opportunity, you should watch them at least once this year.

    Kaylee Manns and Victoria Henson were awesome, and fun to watch.

    And the improvements to/for the student section are great!



  3. #3
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Big match tomorrow night @ Texas.

    Don't know that we'll win, but after watching last night I have far more confidence going into Austin than I ever would've before.

    Mark the calendars for the first week of Novemeber. Home matches versus Texas (4th) and Nebraska(7th). Perenial top 10 teams.

    Need big crowds. I got a good feeling at least one of the two is going down this year.



  4. #4
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms3r4ISU View Post
    It hasn't been that often that Iowa State fans can watch a top ten team on our home court, especially an ISU top ten team. Even if you don't know much about volleyball, I think you'd really like watching our volleyball team. If you have the opportunity, you should watch them at least once this year.

    Kaylee Manns and Victoria Henson were awesome, and fun to watch.

    And the improvements to/for the student section are great!
    You said it! ISU fans continually complain about not having a winner to support.

    Well, we got one. Time to get behind it.

    That being said, I was fairly impressed with the size of the crowd last night. A few more thousand could fit, however.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 387,708, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24,014
    Points
    387,708
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 610

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Man, if I lived closer I would go to this stuff. Im proud of them.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,899, Level: 77
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,195
    Points
    62,899
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 159

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Mark the calendars for the first week of Novemeber. Home matches versus Texas (4th) and Nebraska(7th). Perenial top 10 teams.
    Football game vs. OSU during the day, followed by volleyball vs. NU at night. Sounds like a good day to me, count me in.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 170,031, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,871
    Points
    170,031
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,046

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Big match tomorrow night @ Texas.

    Don't know that we'll win, but after watching last night I have far more confidence going into Austin than I ever would've before.

    Mark the calendars for the first week of Novemeber. Home matches versus Texas (4th) and Nebraska(7th). Perenial top 10 teams.

    Need big crowds. I got a good feeling at least one of the two is going down this year.
    I watched the Texas vs. Baylor last night on ESPNU. We'll have to play mistake free if we want to win that match. Is it just me or has Destiny Hooker been there for 8 years!?


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  8. #8
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    I watched the Texas vs. Baylor last night on ESPNU. We'll have to play mistake free if we want to win that match. Is it just me or has Destiny Hooker been there for 8 years!?
    If we play like we did last night, the same might be said for Texas. The ladies really had it going. At the same time, CU stinks! But you're right. They've "been there" before. We're definitely on the way up under CJ, but still a little bit on the outside looking in. We're the ones that have something to prove.

    Hooker is still there? Yes - at least 8 years.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 407,969, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,068
    Points
    407,969
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 607

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Here is a shoutout for the volleyball coach. She is getting er done.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 83,728, Level: 89
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,182
    Points
    83,728
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 2

    Re: No. 10 Cyclones Sweep Colorado, 3-0, In Big 12 Opener

    Impressive win. Looks like a great year is unfolding!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM