Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 74,884, Level: 85
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,676
    Points
    74,884
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 24

    When Ferentz took over...

    Iowa was:

    1-10 in '99
    3-9 in '00
    7-5 in '01
    11-2 in '02

    not to mention he lost to ISU all of those years. And we beat Fry in his last season. PR has 3 years before he would have to be bowl elligible to keep KF's pace... I think our talent level is higher than Iowa's when KF took over, but i also think ISU will win 5 games this year.

    Just to keep things in perspective.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 23,431, Level: 46
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Swanson10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,859
    Points
    23,431
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Awesome logic.


    NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    1-10 in '99
    3-9 in '00
    7-5 in '01
    11-2 in '02
    That's nice, but winning 7 or 11 games is a lot easier playing in the Big 10 than it is in the Big XII.


    Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

    My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 134,571, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,466
    Points
    134,571
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 233

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Patience folks. It sucks, but it will take time for the players to get the new offensive system. I am still making the trip to Ohio of all places.

    On a positive note, I like what I am seeing on the defensive side. If they are not left on the field all day, they will be better than expected.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 95,095, Level: 96
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,697
    Points
    95,095
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Didn't we hear this same logic after Chizik's poor start?


    Go Cubs Go!

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 864,288, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,872
    Points
    864,288
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,816
    Given: 1,524

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    Patience folks. It sucks, but it will take time for the players to get the new offensive system. I am still making the trip to Ohio of all places.

    On a positive note, I like what I am seeing on the defensive side. If they are not left on the field all day, they will be better than expected.
    Our condolensces on being on Ohio.

    Yes, this defense looks all right, which is a big improvement for them from last year.

    Patience is key. It's never as good as it seems or as bad as it looks.



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 8,805, Level: 28
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    spanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    483
    Points
    8,805
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    That's nice, but winning 7 or 11 games is a lot easier playing in the Big 10 than it is in the Big XII.

    Could we please get over this fact. I realize that it is true, but that means we need to be more patient and more supportive.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 213,785, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,070
    Points
    213,785
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 13

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    That's nice, but winning 7 or 11 games is a lot easier playing in the Big 10 than it is in the Big XII.
    Quote Originally Posted by spanny View Post
    Could we please get over this fact. I realize that it is true, but that means we need to be more patient and more supportive.
    False. Not those years it wasn't. In 2002 the Big Ten lost 2 bowl games, one being the Orange Bowl, and the other a slim loss by PSU to Auburn. OSU ended Miami's 34 game winning streak in the national championship game, and the rest of the teams won.

    The previous year, Iowa beat Texas Tech in their bowl game, and yet again the Big Ten had a strong bowl showing.

    The BT was easily one of the best conferences during those years. So please, get over this argument, because it's looking this year that the Big 12 might be one of the weaker conferences in the country (losses to Houston, Louisiana-Lafayette, BYU, and Toledo don't look very good, now do they?)


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  9. #9
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Sadly the Big 10 argument might not be as easily made this year...



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 358,835, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,013
    Points
    358,835
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 58

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    That's nice, but winning 7 or 11 games is a lot easier playing in the Big 10 than it is in the Big XII.
    I would say our schedule is easier than the Hawks this year. The Big 12 North is not that good. Ohio State looked good and Penn State is good. Michigan has also looked like they are returning to power and will be a struggle. No way we play three teams better than those three.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 40,202, Level: 61
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights
    Posts
    2,126
    Points
    40,202
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 112

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    Iowa was:

    1-10 in '99
    3-9 in '00
    7-5 in '01
    11-2 in '02

    not to mention he lost to ISU all of those years. And we beat Fry in his last season. PR has 3 years before he would have to be bowl elligible to keep KF's pace... I think our talent level is higher than Iowa's when KF took over, but i also think ISU will win 5 games this year.

    Just to keep things in perspective.
    I like the logic, but I don't want this to be the case for settling for another horrible season. I want our Jrs and Srs to be successful and know that they made the right choice for coming to Ames and sticking with the Cyclones and that their devotion will pay off! We're still a .500 team, which isn't a losing record. Lets see if we can shock some people and get back to winning!



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 864,288, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,872
    Points
    864,288
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,816
    Given: 1,524

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I would say our schedule is easier than the Hawks this year. The Big 12 North is not that good. Ohio State looked good and Penn State is good. Michigan has also looked like they are returning to power and will be a struggle. No way we play three teams better than those three.
    No trouble agreeing here.

    On the same hand, I don't think there are a lot of impressive conferences out there right now.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 273,382, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,728
    Points
    273,382
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 875
    Given: 177

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Apples to Oranges.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 74,884, Level: 85
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,676
    Points
    74,884
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 24

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    I like the logic, but I don't want this to be the case for settling for another horrible season. I want our Jrs and Srs to be successful and know that they made the right choice for coming to Ames and sticking with the Cyclones and that their devotion will pay off! We're still a .500 team, which isn't a losing record. Lets see if we can shock some people and get back to winning!
    I understand. But your perspective should be that of an ISU football player, where my statement should be that of an ISU fan's perspective.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 188,418, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,513
    Points
    188,418
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 115

    Re: When Ferentz took over...

    So we have to wait 2 more years for a winning team?


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM