Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

North Standings After Next Weeks Games

Piggybacking on the "We might not be last thread" let me throw out what the non-conference records of the Big 12 north teams will look like after next weekends games:

Kansas 3-0
    Mizzou 3-0
    ISU 2-1
    Neb 2-1
    K St 1-2
    Colo 0-3

So settle down people. We are still in very good shape and I am sticking with my preseason 7-5 prediction. One bad game isn't going to break us and Arnaud now owes us a game...and he will get it for us.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: North Standings After Next Weeks Games

Quote Originally Posted by AustinCyclone View Post
    Piggybacking on the "We might not be last thread" let me throw out what the non-conference records of the Big 12 north teams will look like after next weekends games:

Kansas 3-0
    Mizzou 3-0
    ISU 2-1
    Neb 2-1
    K St 1-2
    Colo 0-3

So settle down people. We are still in very good shape and I am sticking with my preseason 7-5 prediction. One bad game isn't going to break us and Arnaud now owes us a game...and he will get it for us.
    Hmm...it'd better if those were standings within the conference. I believe 3-1 non-conference is well within our reach, but I think we'll struggle to come up with more than two wins in conference play.

I'm still sticking with 4 to 5 wins total, as I've said since early August.

Pro
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 33

Kansas 3-0
    Mizzou 3-0
    ISU 2-1
    Neb 2-1
    K St 1-2
    Colo 0-3

I was hoping to get to 6-6 before the season. I only had NDSU and Army as wins. I had six games as tossups: Iowa, @KSU, KState, Baylor, @TAM, and CU. Any win against NU, OSU, KU, MU would be a big upset.

We lost a tossup game. No need to throw in the towel. KState and CU actually do look worse than I thought. But our margin for error in squeaking out 6 wins is now very small.

If we can go into the Arrowhead game at 3-1, everyone should be quite pleased.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

I would find it hard to believe that Colorado will go 0-3 after playing Wyoming. They will probably be 1-5 after playing West Virginia, Texas, and Kansas repectively, but I would notch Wyoming as a win. Although you never know, I've heard that they will have a 10 win season this year so they could win out.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jl112481 View Post
    I would find it hard to believe that Colorado will go 0-3 after playing Wyoming. They will probably be 1-5 after playing West Virginia, Texas, and Kansas repectively, but I would notch Wyoming as a win. Although you never know, I've heard that they will have a 10 win season this year so they could win out.
    Wyoming gave Texas a mini-scare in the first half, although that was at home and the CU game is in Boulder. Of course CU/CSU was also in Boulder...

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

Kansas 3-0
    Mizzou 3-0
    ISU 2-1
    Neb 2-1
    K St 1-2
    Colo 0-3

Uh, you do realize that IF Nebraska loses, it would be to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg? How exactly does that equate to ISU being on par with NU?
    Heck, throw the whole Big XII in there. ISU will obviously be as good as a 2-1 OU team, right?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 24

Quote Originally Posted by CJDelmonico View Post
    Uh, you do realize that IF Nebraska loses, it would be to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg? How exactly does that equate to ISU being on par with NU?
    Heck, throw the whole Big XII in there. ISU will obviously be as good as a 2-1 OU team, right?
    What the **** are you talking about?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 681
    Given: 7

Kansas 3-0
    Mizzou 3-0
    ISU 2-1
    Neb 2-1
    K St 1-2
    Colo 0-3

Love the optimism. I think people are losing sight of the fact that Iowa was ranked in the Top 25 in the preseason, will probably win 8-9 games this year and go to a good bowl game. Losing to them, although it was a bit concerning how we lost, is not an end all to our season.

I think it is funny that many people were predicting we go 3-1 in non-conference, pick up 2-3 other wins, and hope maybe we get luck and go to a bowl game. These predictions are still in good shape, but it seems like alot of people have hit the panic button now because Iowa made us look bad.