Victory Song?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Victory Song?

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 18,107, Level: 41
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 843
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirksville, MO
    Posts
    1,161
    Points
    18,107
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Victory Song?

    My buddy was giving me **** about the Hawkeye's win and played "In Heaven There is no Beer" when I walked into the room, but it got me thinking. Do we have a song that we play after a victory or is it just "ISU Fights" or "For I, For S, Forever?" For the life of me, I can't recall what we do!! And that's sad for going to as many games as I do (football and basketball). Personally, I kind of like when the Hawk Band plays "In Heaven..." unfortuneatley that means they won, so I could do without it. Enlighten me please...



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,455, Level: 92
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    87,455
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

    Re: Victory Song?

    I hope Sweet Caroline becomes our victory song for victories only.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    I hope Sweet Caroline becomes our victory song for victories only.
    Didn't they play a song from Journey yesterday?



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,664, Level: 68
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,900
    Points
    49,664
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 18

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by LutherClone View Post
    My buddy was giving me **** about the Hawkeye's win and played "In Heaven There is no Beer" when I walked into the room, but it got me thinking. Do we have a song that we play after a victory or is it just "ISU Fights" or "For I, For S, Forever?" For the life of me, I can't recall what we do!! And that's sad for going to as many games as I do (football and basketball). Personally, I kind of like when the Hawk Band plays "In Heaven..." unfortuneatley that means they won, so I could do without it. Enlighten me please...
    As a band we play Fights with words as the team walks off usually a song from the halftime show for that day and bells. Personally I would like to see the team stay and sing fights and bells with us but that probably won't ever happen, even though many other schools do that even in losses.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,664, Level: 68
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,900
    Points
    49,664
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 18

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    Didn't they play a song from Journey yesterday?
    Yes, between the third and fourth quarters.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 39,189, Level: 61
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,047
    Points
    39,189
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 6

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    Yes, between the third and fourth quarters.
    Im not sure if they have to play the song that was voted on, but I was literally praying in between quarters that Sweet Caroline did not win the online vote. Huge sigh of relief.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,664, Level: 68
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,900
    Points
    49,664
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 18

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycfan1 View Post
    Im not sure if they have to play the song that was voted on, but I was literally praying in between quarters that Sweet Caroline did not win the online vote. Huge sigh of relief.
    I'm sure they have a disclaimer that lets them play "Don't Stop Believing" if we are losing bad.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 34,763, Level: 57
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abe2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    State Center, IA
    Posts
    1,306
    Points
    34,763
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 43

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycfan1 View Post
    Im not sure if they have to play the song that was voted on, but I was literally praying in between quarters that Sweet Caroline did not win the online vote. Huge sigh of relief.
    Although Sweet Caroline is 1-0 on the season



  9. #9
    Walk On
    Points: 6,681, Level: 24
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    KLoISU02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SE IA
    Posts
    168
    Points
    6,681
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Victory Song?

    After basketball victories the band plays Kool and the Gang's "Celebrate" and "Pfft, You Were Gone" from Hee Haw. At least they did when I was in band during 2002-2006.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 74,291, Level: 84
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycopath25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (307)
    Posts
    5,115
    Points
    74,291
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 4

    Re: Victory Song?

    In basketball doesn't the band play "You came to Hilton and we kicked your ***"?



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 18,107, Level: 41
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 843
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirksville, MO
    Posts
    1,161
    Points
    18,107
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    As a band we play Fights with words as the team walks off usually a song from the halftime show for that day and bells. Personally I would like to see the team stay and sing fights and bells with us but that probably won't ever happen, even though many other schools do that even in losses.
    Thanks for the info. I thought that Fights was played. I'm right there with you, I would love to see the team stop and sing the song, maybe to the students? I wouldn't say it will never happen, CPR seems pretty into ISU tradition...



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,664, Level: 68
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,900
    Points
    49,664
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 18

    Re: Victory Song?

    Quote Originally Posted by LutherClone View Post
    Thanks for the info. I thought that Fights was played. I'm right there with you, I would love to see the team stop and sing the song, maybe to the students? I wouldn't say it will never happen, CPR seems pretty into ISU tradition...
    Ya. If they are so high on school spirit and such this would be a good way of showing and building it no matter the result.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 27,496, Level: 50
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CRCy17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rahway, NJ
    Posts
    851
    Points
    27,496
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 7

    Re: Victory Song?

    I remember after the awesome comeback at Kansas State that the team went over to the fans and sang fights. I thought that that was pretty cool. I know Ive heard of a few times that the team has sung it (after the spring game and others) and I think it would be a cool tradition to start



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM