Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

Believe it or not

But I saw some things I liked yesterday.

I know I'm somewhat perceived as a Mr. Negative around here but I thought we'd go into the game and get physically dominated and I was impressed by the play of the defense (until they were on the field for 45 minutes) and our offensive line.

IMO you cannot fix physical deficiencies during the season so if we just got blown away on the DL or OL I would have been really concerned. I thought our big mistakes were largely mental - poor decisions on where to throw the ball, poor playcalling decisions, etc. The loss wasn't on any individual, unit, or coach, but I think we have some smart guys on the field and in the box who can make a difference out there.

There was a lot to be concerned about in the game yesterday, no doubt about it, and losing to a rival always sucks, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. I feel halfway decent about our running game for the first time since... Haywood? I have no problem holding the staff or athletes accountable for mistakes but let's not go overboard on them. Go State.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

Re: Believe it or not

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    But I saw some things I liked yesterday.

I know I'm somewhat perceived as a Mr. Negative around here but I thought we'd go into the game and get physically dominated and I was impressed by the play of the defense (until they were on the field for 45 minutes) and our offensive line.

IMO you cannot fix physical deficiencies during the season so if we just got blown away on the DL or OL I would have been really concerned. I thought our big mistakes were largely mental - poor decisions on where to throw the ball, poor playcalling decisions, etc. The loss wasn't on any individual, unit, or coach, but I think we have some smart guys on the field and in the box who can make a difference out there.

There was a lot to be concerned about in the game yesterday, no doubt about it, and losing to a rival always sucks, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. I feel halfway decent about our running game for the first time since... Haywood? I have no problem holding the staff or athletes accountable for mistakes but let's not go overboard on them. Go State.
    I agree. I thought for the most part the defense had a good showing in the first half. Neither defense was able to create alot of pressure on the opposing qb which showed both of the O-lines played well. For the most part this game was all about who executed on offense and who didn't. Iowa executed at a much higher level then ISU did.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 831

Re: Believe it or not

I'm happy with the defense as well, especially the front 4. We could have used more a pass rush but we know that's a weakness. I thought they held their own but just wore out because of the terrible offense.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”