Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 18

I am just Glad

That the members of the Cyclone radio network from John Walters to Eric, to the pregame and postgame guys are classy and down to earth in wins and in losses. Unlike members of the Iowa Radio Network. Talk about an unclassy bunch and pathetic sportmanship and attutide they show towards ISU. To me the whole bunch from Jon Miller, to Jim Zabble, to the play by play guy are ******** and the words they spoke towards ISU in the 10 mins of their shouldoff show I heard where sad and speak alot toward why Iowa fans are they way they are. I also discovered soundoff is almost better after an Iowa win because their fans now act like they should be a top 10 team.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: I am just Glad

I second that. Although I don't believe Zabel is an "official UI" announcer anymore and I don't think Miller ever has been. They are a lot more out of touch with reality than Dolphin and Podolak.

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Addict
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    That the members of the Cyclone radio network from John Walters to Eric, to the pregame and postgame guys are classy and down to earth in wins and in losses. Unlike members of the Iowa Radio Network. Talk about an unclassy bunch and pathetic sportmanship and attutide they show towards ISU. To me the whole bunch from Jon Miller, to Jim Zabble, to the play by play guy are ******** and the words they spoke towards ISU in the 10 mins of their shouldoff show I heard where sad and speak alot toward why Iowa fans are they way they are. I also discovered soundoff is almost better after an Iowa win because their fans now act like they should be a top 10 team.
    Sorry charlie, Walters did the following 3 things today...called an ISU player stupid, ******* about the no-call on the DJK touchdown, and spent a considerable amount of time ******** about Wegher's knee being down.

Also, Ben Bruns claimed right before halftime that ISU was "dominating" despite being behind in total yardage, 1st downs, etc...and repeated that in the 3rd quarter when Iowa was up 28-3.

Prospect
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I disagree. I believe all radio announcers are biased to the team they are payed to cover more. Radio is about ratings bottom line. When a team has success like Iowa did today, all announcers will build the team up to be better than they are. If a team struggles then the best way to keep ratings is to stay positive yet realistic which is what most radio announcers do. It is all about perspective.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I am talking about ripping on ISU its players and its fans. Long after the game was over.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I am talking about ripping on ISU its players and its fans. Long after the game was over.
    Get over it, Whitver was doing the same thing on the Cyclones call-in show. Stop acting like that type of thing doesn't go both ways.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Is this the type of thing you do to rectify a loss? Figure out different ways to complain about peripheral Hawkeye related stuff? I wish ISU the best of luck the rest of the year. I would have felt this way win or lose.

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 30

I agree Kingcy - and I fail to comprehend why Jon Miller gets so much respect and acknowledgement on this board. He's the biggest Hawkeye jocksniffer of them all.

Rookie
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

O don't even give me that **** tarheelhawk, after the northern iowa game Dolphin would not stop talking about how pat grace is the best qb iowa will face all year. How do you say that with Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor on your schedule. He is full of ****

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    Get over it, Whitver was doing the same thing on the Cyclones call-in show. Stop acting like that type of thing doesn't go both ways.
    I dont think he made a point of saying the fans flipped him off and called him name or that ISU fans drink out of trophs.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneike001 View Post
    O don't even give me that **** tarheelhawk, after the northern iowa game Dolphin would not stop talking about how pat grace is the best qb iowa will face all year. How do you say that with Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor on your schedule.
    I know right, because Terrelle Pryor looked so awesome tonight. Besides, if Dolph said that, he was right...either that or you think that Arnaud played better today than Grace did last week.

Legend
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 103

O don't even give me that **** tarheelhawk, after the northern iowa game Dolphin would not stop talking about how pat grace is the best qb iowa will face all year. How do you say that with Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor on your schedule. He is full of ****
    Wdll, yeah, he has been since the day he was hired, But what's that got to do with ISU?

The guy has a good voice, and nothing else. At least Zabel once upon a time knew the slightest thing about football....

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

If anyone said that about Grace it's ridiculous. That said Pryor is not exactly an accurate QB. Clark is likely the best QB iowa will face all year. Heck even Weber may be better than Pryor at playing QB.

Starter
    Thumbs Up

Each radio team is going to be biased towards their own. It's the way it's supposed to be. They can rip the opponent, poop on their own, etc.

It's all fine as long as you're winning.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could be a positive for us after this game. If our guy found one, they were lying.

We sucked. Got hammered. Period.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by RossHallHero View Post
    Each radio team is going to be biased towards their own. It's the way it's supposed to be. They can rip the opponent, poop on their own, etc.

It's all fine as long as you're winning.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could be a positive for us after this game. If our guy found one, they were lying.

We sucked. Got hammered. Period.
    David Sims?