Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Clone Fans:
    Are there any show topics that relate to Iowa State that you would like discussed on my radio show?

Obviously, my background is steeped in the Hawkeyes, and void of hard news and the like, its easy to fall back on that. But as I have said before, I want to try and set a table as often as I can with things that appeal to both fan bases.

So if you have any worthwhile ideas, I will certainly consider them.

I appreciate those of you that have been listening to the show and calling in. It has been a lot of fun thus far, and your involvement makes it that much better.

Regards,

Jon Miller

'Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black.'

Starter
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2
    You can talk about the Capital City League that is going on at Valley Southwoods. All the current ISU and most Drake players are involved and I'm sure ISU fans would like to hear how their players are progressing and how the new recruits look.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349
    Our local sports person went in and went through myspace for current ball players and had a quiz - who was it? Fairly interesting.

Interested in ex ball players and how they do such as in CFL. Interested in speeches local coaches are giving around the state. Always want to hear about new recruits and their exploits. Interested in ISU fundraising project.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JonDMiller &#064; 06&#045;30&#045;06 12&#58;21 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Clone Fans:
    Are there any show topics that relate to Iowa State that you would like discussed on my radio show?

Obviously, my background is steeped in the Hawkeyes, and void of hard news and the like, its easy to fall back on that. But as I have said before, I want to try and set a table as often as I can with things that appeal to both fan bases.

So if you have any worthwhile ideas, I will certainly consider them.

I appreciate those of you that have been listening to the show and calling in. It has been a lot of fun thus far, and your involvement makes it that much better.

Regards,

Jon Miller

[/b][/quote]

&quot;It&#039;s time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground.&quot;

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Find out which ISU football recruits are on campus taking classes and how they look in workouts.

Some names that I&#39;ve heard are already in Ames are Kris Means, Zac Sandvig, Lee Tibbs, Drenard Williams.

Get Cotton and Skladany on and get their thoughts on how the team looks going into fall camp. I always like hearing from the coordinators and assistants.

Give Troy Skinner a call and ask him about how our guys look in the Cap City League.

Get some of the beat writers for the schools we&#39;ll be playing this fall on the show to preview what they think their teams will look like.

Get Tim Dobbins on the show or somebody from the Chargers.

Get Ellis Hobbs on the show. We LOVE Ellis.

Get The Mayor on the show.

&quot;It&#039;s time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground.&quot;

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    "Tommy from Des Moines" ....every day. His mastery of the English language on his silver tongue flutters many a-heart in the capital city.

In all seriousness...you are doing a good job...

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 800
    Jon,

I appreciate your thought and interest in being an honest media person.

While many have put up some great ideas for you, my suggestion will be a little more vague.

I would take the insight, inside info and up and coming news items you inform your UofI fans with on your show, and then do the same for the ISU fans. IMO, CyState put up many great parallels with what you currently do for your UofI fans with much thought and direction that ISU fans would love to see from WHO and JonM.

This won&#39;t be easy, and I can appreciate that, and your apparent upcoming effort. But you will feel like a fish out of water but remember that ISU fans want the same things UofI fans want; info about their teams past, present and future.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keepngoal &#064; 06&#045;30&#045;06 9&#58;57 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Jon,

I appreciate your thought and interest in being an honest media person.

While many have put up some great ideas for you, my suggestion will be a little more vague.

I would take the insight, inside info and up and coming news items you inform your UofI fans with on your show, and then do the same for the ISU fans. IMO, CyState put up many great parallels with what you currently do for your UofI fans with much thought and direction that ISU fans would love to see from WHO and JonM.

This won&#39;t be easy, and I can appreciate that, and your apparent upcoming effort. But you will feel like a fish out of water but remember that ISU fans want the same things UofI fans want; info about their teams past, present and future.

- keep.

[/b][/quote]

Excellent post Keep. I feel the same way. For example, you had Pat Hardy on your show to talk about the PTL after the first day, well get some dude who covers the Cap City League on your show. You&#39;re doing a great job covering the Hawks, because you know people in Iowa City and have great connections there. Start developing those with people at ISU. I&#39;ve really enjoyed your Hawk coverage and Cyclone coverage. You know what Hawk fans are interested in and what they want to hear... We want the same thing with Cyclone stuff. Good luck Jon, I&#39;m enjoying the show when I get a chance to hear it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I have a big suggestion. Take the moronic show from 4-7 and put them in your time slot and you take over 4-7 so those of us with jobs can hear you and then bring someone like Jeremy on often who can give just as much Cyclone recruiting and other info as you put Hawkeye stuff out there. Obviously in the Des Moines area you have to cater to another market than EIU.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CY ST8T &#064; 06&#045;30&#045;06 10&#58;47 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I have a big suggestion. Take the moronic show from 4-7 and put them in your time slot and you take over 4-7 so those of us with jobs can hear you and then bring someone like Jeremy on often who can give just as much Cyclone recruiting and other info as you put Hawkeye stuff out there. Obviously in the Des Moines area you have to cater to another market than EIU. [/b][/quote]

Agreed...you should just be given the 2-7 time slot. I dont care if their isnt enough info to talk about with either school, you sitting there twiddling your thumbs for the extra 3 hours would be better than the 3 (feels like 7) hours that M&M take up.

God Bless America

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks Folks...I feel a little bit like Bill Murray in Caddyshack...when he talks about needing to learn to think like a Gopher.

Some good suggestions here...some obvious, but obviously not yet in my wheel house.

Running everything through some &#39;bizzaro world&#39; test each topic is a perfect idea. (that is not some rip&#33;) Thanks

'Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black.'

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I&#39;ve only heard your show once since I&#39;m usually at work when you are on (which will probably change come this fall). You were talking about how the ISU v Iowa game has different meanings for each school&#39;s athletic dept and fans. Based on that small sample you brought up some good points and I enjoyed what I heard. I found it humerous when you voiced an opinion and mentioned that the people at CR and CycloneFanatic would probably tear you apart for it.

Obviously there will be more material once the season begins and you can start analyzing games, but until then you could do a show about players that have made it to the pros. Football wise Iowa seemingly has more, but it seems like McCarney has been able to do well developing players that did not recieve a lot of hype. Then again, does he just get lucky sometimes?

Seneca Wallace.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Another that just came to me is doing a show about the online communities supporting the state schools. You would obviously have a lot of knowledge in that area. It could be interesting to find out what goes on behind the scenes and to compare and contrast some of them. For example, this site isn&#39;t as flashy as some but is free and sprang up quite quickly.

Seneca Wallace.

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 87
    With time to spare during the summer, how about a representative (beat writer, announcer, player) from each NFL team each day or so to preview the offseason moves, upcoming season. Get someone for every NFL team once before the season starts.

*** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***