Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Cyclone Game-watch Cedar Rapids

It's time to start preparing for this weekend's game and since I'm unable to get to Ames, I figured I'd see if anyone is planning a game-watch here in Cedar Rapids. If not, I'm going to throw out the idea of Mulligans and here's why:

1. Opens at 8am with a breakfast menu.

2. They offer a build your own bloody mary bar with all the fixins and their beer is cheap.

3. They have the best venue for watching games because they have TV's everywhere

4. I was there during the Iowa game and there were far too many Hawkeye fans there for my liking.

Anyone interested in making this happen???

Go State!!!

Recruit
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Cyclone Game-watch Cedar Rapids

OK, so I haven't had any responses to this thread that I opened earlier this week, but there have been a lot of views.

Who is planning on heading to Mulligans here in CR for the game? I'll be heading there shortly after 9!

Go State!!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I would if I were in town.

Prospect
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm in CR, but will be watching the game at home...surrounded by my fellow Cyclone fans...too hard to enjoy a great game around obnoxious Hawkeye fans who know absolutely nothing bout football and seem to make up the rules of the game on their own and twist them around in such a way that they actually believe they are right!

Example: I went to UNI-Iowa game (sporting my UNI shirt and cheering loudly for UNI) the Hawkeye fan who was sitting behind me telling his kid before kick off that and I quote "Iowa will kill UNI, UNI is a glorified high school." Obviously this Hawk fan knows nothing about football (and probably has never seem the inside of a college class room). I mean come on...UNI is a power house in FCS football, granted this still does not mean they should be able to compete with Iowa, but in fact they did...and in my and many other peoples opinion out played Iowa in every aspect of the game, except the last 2 plays. And it was not a "greatest stand by Iowa special teams", it was the fact that the UNI kicker kicks line drives and kicked into the back of his own linemen.

Example #2: When leaving the game an Iowa student fan yells at me (seeing my UNI shirt) "You guys beat yourselves...how's that feel." My response was simple...Yes, how does it feel to know you didn't beat UNI, but they beat themselves? And by the way...thanks for the $400,000 to come in and embarrass you and knock you out of top 25. He had no idea what I was talking about...

GO CYCLONES!!!!! 34-27 ISU

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,109
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 294

Quote Originally Posted by ISUTimm4 View Post
    GO CYCLONES!!!!! 34-27 ISU
    If your prediction is correct...this game might go down as the best/most exciting game in the history of the series!

I also thought about going to a bar to watch the game...but there are way too many Iowa fans that will be idiots at bars on Saturday...staying home as well and watching!