Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 2

After week one, I see five should wins

left on the schedule. That puts ISU in a bowl game.

Iowa....should win. Iowa doesn't have a division 1 caliber rb on their team. That means, we're going to force Stanzi to beat ISU. Stanzi can't beat ISU. He doesn't see the field well enough to take advantage of our blitzes. He's got one comfort blanket in Mowealrfdioakkkiii at TE. He'll throw it to Moeaki whether he's wide open or covered by four ISU defenders which means INTs. I see 2, maybe 3, INTs saturday from ISU. Does Iowa play pass defense? 270 yards to a fullback named Pat Grace? Seriously, UNI might have more speed at WR, but they don't have better wide receivers and don't have a better QB. ISU by 14-17 points

KSU......should win. 18-0 against Coastal Carolina? Wow, bad team. This is a blowout minus the fact that's it's on the road. It might be close in the 1st half before ISU settles in.

Army....should win. Another team that won't be able to pass against ISU. They also have no chance of stopping ISU. I'll cheer on Army all year like all the academies, but they aren't Navy and won't win this game.

KSU.....should win. I don't know what Umass has this year, but they aren't keeping games close against quality BCS opponents. This one might be the biggest question mark because I'm sure KSU will grow alot this season because of their coaching change, but I think we catch them early enough.

KU........probable loss. First true conference road game. KU has too many good athletes on their team right now for ISU. Briscoe will be a stud, and their defense has guys that can cover.

Baylor...toss-up. I think this is the one that could make this one of the best season ever. This could be the 7th win. Wow would that be unexpected by just about everyone. If we were at Baylor, I think we lose this game. I hate athletic qb's. I hate them even more when I saw what he did last year. However, this one is at ISU with the clones sitting there at 5-1 and Jack will be rocking. A big play here or there to steal the momentum and ISU can get it done.

Nebraska...probable loss. I really didn't believe it, and I want to see things verified the next couple of weeks but I think Nebraska is on the way back. Pelini may not be what I would want as a leader of my football program, but he is doing something right at Nebraska. They always have athletes. They also appear to be getting back to having an OL that owns people. That's not a good combination with those horses and Helu running the ball. It might be a shoot-out, but I don't think ISU wins it.

aTm......probable loss. Kyle is a tough place to play. Yeah, we've done it before down there, but they were sinking and Seneca was unbelievable. Miraculously, Sherman seems to be turning the corner at a&m. Their defense was putrid last year, but they put on a show this past weekend. Too many athletes for ISU right now.

OSU....loss. Dez Bryant.

Colorado..should win. CU will be looking for a new coach this year if they find a way of getting Hawkins to take a buyout. Their offense is worse than Iowa's. OL terrible. QB terrible. Coaching worse. Their defense is a little better and CU does have some athletes, but they come here and will likely have already quit on the season.

Missouri...loss. The only hope is that Missouri is out of the North title picture by then and not focused. Otherwise, their new QB looks strong, and they are to the point now were they are reloading with athletes. Pretty amazing to think that they almost fired Pinkel a few years ago.

That's 6-6, maybe 7-5, and would be a great year. I think we look much better against Iowa this week.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: After week one, I see five should wins

The problem is that we did not look all that impressive against North Dakota State. I think we could win the games you mention, but a lot of those teams are marking us down as a "should win" as well.

Seneca Wallace.

Addict
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,455
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The problem is that we did not look all that impressive against North Dakota State. I think we could win the games you mention, but a lot of those teams are marking us down as a "should win" as well.
    +1 at this point in time we could end up that way. But the coaching staff and team need to prove alot more to me before I start thinking it will happen.

If we come out next Saturday and put a 23-3 type beat down on the Hawks then maybe I will start to believe it more.

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Istate View Post

Army....should win. Another team that won't be able to pass against ISU. They also have no chance of stopping ISU. I'll cheer on Army all year like all the academies, but they aren't Navy and won't win this game.
    I remember once before we were "supposed" to crush Army, and they gave us all we could handle.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 904
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 184

Who are you people? I have not seen anything out of us that should make any game a "should win" or a "win." I'll be sweating bullets every game of the season.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1

Iowa....should win. Iowa doesn't have a division 1 caliber rb on their team. That means, we're going to force Stanzi to beat ISU. Stanzi can't beat ISU. He doesn't see the field well enough to take advantage of our blitzes. He's got one comfort blanket in Mowealrfdioakkkiii at TE. He'll throw it to Moeaki whether he's wide open or covered by four ISU defenders which means INTs. I see 2, maybe 3, INTs saturday from ISU. Does Iowa play pass defense? 270 yards to a fullback named Pat Grace? Seriously, UNI might have more speed at WR, but they don't have better wide receivers and don't have a better QB. ISU by 14-17 points
    You realize virtually the same ISU offensive personnel last year (and even the year before) didn't even score a TD on Iowa....I doubt ISU scores 17+ in this game....let alone beat Iowa by 17.

If either team gets to 20 in this game, they'll win it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    I remember once before we were "supposed" to crush Army, and they gave us all we could handle.

That was a terrible game to watch...

Z

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

KSU......should win. 18-0 against Coastal Carolina? Wow, bad team. This is a blowout minus the fact that's it's on the road. It might be close in the 1st half before ISU settles in.

KSU.....should win. I don't know what Umass has this year, but they aren't keeping games close against quality BCS opponents. This one might be the biggest question mark because I'm sure KSU will grow alot this season because of their coaching change, but I think we catch them early enough.

KU........probable loss. First true conference road game. KU has too many good athletes on their team right now for ISU. Briscoe will be a stud, and their defense has guys that can cover.

Baylor...toss-up. I think this is the one that could make this one of the best season ever. This could be the 7th win. Wow would that be unexpected by just about everyone. If we were at Baylor, I think we lose this game. I hate athletic qb's. I hate them even more when I saw what he did last year. However, this one is at ISU with the clones sitting there at 5-1 and Jack will be rocking. A big play here or there to steal the momentum and ISU can get it done.

Nebraska...probable loss. I really didn't believe it, and I want to see things verified the next couple of weeks but I think Nebraska is on the way back. Pelini may not be what I would want as a leader of my football program, but he is doing something right at Nebraska. They always have athletes. They also appear to be getting back to having an OL that owns people. That's not a good combination with those horses and Helu running the ball. It might be a shoot-out, but I don't think ISU wins it.

aTm......probable loss. Kyle is a tough place to play. Yeah, we've done it before down there, but they were sinking and Seneca was unbelievable. Miraculously, Sherman seems to be turning the corner at a&m. Their defense was putrid last year, but they put on a show this past weekend. Too many athletes for ISU right now.

OSU....loss. Dez Bryant.

Colorado..should win. CU will be looking for a new coach this year if they find a way of getting Hawkins to take a buyout. Their offense is worse than Iowa's. OL terrible. QB terrible. Coaching worse. Their defense is a little better and CU does have some athletes, but they come here and will likely have already quit on the season.

Missouri...loss. The only hope is that Missouri is out of the North title picture by then and not focused. Otherwise, their new QB looks strong, and they are to the point now were they are reloading with athletes. Pretty amazing to think that they almost fired Pinkel a few years ago.

That's 6-6, maybe 7-5, and would be a great year. I think we look much better against Iowa this week.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 116

I remember 2007 when we came into the Iowa game 0-2 when both of those games should have been wins and Iowa came in 2-0... and we won the game. Looking at all these threads that now have us as world beaters and Iowa not a problem for us in JTS is supposed to come how? We play a NDSU team that would get 30 pointed by UNI and win and UNI should have beat EIU. Logic in my head can't see how that turns into a 14-17 pt win although I would be tickled crapless if it happens.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 110

Every year its the same song and dance.......we watch other teams on our schedule in the first week or two, and they look like crap. Our team wins a game or two, so the remaining games against those crappy looking teams look winnable. Then those teams improve and ours stays stagnant. And then we get demolished.

At this point, after seeing our defense continue to miss tackles in the first game, I'll be shocked if we get to 5 wins.

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

After watching Baylor, yesterday I was completely surprised. They will be bowling this year. No doubt.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Wow, some real optimistic thinking here. I'd wait till we play a couple D1 opponents before getting too excited. If by chance we get thumped by Iowa this board will be in melt down mode like it was after nearly every loss the past couple years. Let's get through the non-conference schedule first and see where we stand. I had us at 2-2 in the non-conference and I still think that is a real possibility with the 2 losses coming to Iowa and on the road at Kent State considering most of us here would probably have to go back and look to figure out the last time we won a road game...

Go Cubs Go!

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

OSU....loss. Dez Bryant.

You do know ISU hasnt scored a TD against Iowa since 2006 right? Not that you need to score TD's to win as 2007 proved that but I dont think if you win it'll be by that amount

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I hope you're drinking the sugar free Kool Aid.

Iowa is a good fundamental football team with a strong roster. There are probably 7 or 8 guys on the Iowa team that will go in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft.

There's things Iowa can do to overcome the RB problem - which is a very big problem for them. I look for DJK to line up in a wildcat. Where was he in the UNI game? Didn't play much. He must be in KF's doghouse ( I wonder what it takes to get there - must be an axe murderer or something). They are going to get the ball into his hands a lot. They will also run with the fullback leading. On paper they have us out-manned up front when they are on Offense, so line up in a power 'I' and see if we can stop it. It will probably take strong safety play to stop it, that's when Stanzi goes over the top off play action.

ISU has to score first and never give Iowa a short field.

Brantner is a real asset. If he can average over 50 yds this week (like last) that will be huge.

ISU needs to get a +2 in TO's.
    Find a way to hurry Stanzi

I would consider trying to take DJK out of the game by putting LJ on him and playing with one safety over the top.

The game is winnable, but ISU will have to be at their best and a little lucky to pull it off.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan View Post
    You realize virtually the same ISU offensive personnel last year (and even the year before) didn't even score a TD on Iowa...

Yet somehow we won one of those games...

[/friendlyrivalryweeksmacktalk]

Oh we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    and may her colors ever fly!!!
    In Accordance with Prophecy