Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Recruit
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Good Luck saturday.

Im very worried about this game and ISU has a darn good chance to beat us. We need to play alot better than we did vs UNI if we are going to win. I can see Arnaud having a very nice passing day if he goes after the opposite site of Spievey. Greg Castillo and William Lowe really didn't play very well and Brett Greenwood really struggled in the defensive backfield. Getting Kyle Callaway back will be nice for the OL because UNI did a nice job of finding a weakness at the Guard positions of Iowa. Both of those corps where supposed to be a very strong part for Iowa. Kind of dissappointing.

I watched alittle of the ISU/NDSU game so I really can't say much about ISU.

Anyway, Good Luck saturday!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303

Re: Good Luck saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalsAreBack View Post
    Im very worried about this game and ISU has a darn good chance to beat us. We need to play alot better than we did vs UNI if we are going to win. I can see Arnaud having a very nice passing day if he goes after the opposite site of Spievey. Greg Castillo and William Lowe really didn't play very well and Brett Greenwood really struggled in the defensive backfield. Getting Kyle Callaway back will be nice for the OL because UNI did a nice job of finding a weakness at the Guard positions of Iowa. Both of those corps where supposed to be a very strong part for Iowa. Kind of dissappointing.

Wow... a very rational and civil post... great job!

I don't think any ISU or Iowa fan will have any right whatsoever to brag about their team going into this game Saturday. Both teams looked sluggish and rusty in their first games. ISU faced an easier opponent as well.

So there is not much that either side can really talk trash about. I predict a pretty close game.... with one side winning by less than 10 points. I have no idea at this point who I would favor after seeing both ISU and Iowa play?

I think one thing is for certain... the trash talking will be pretty quiet this week. And what a great thing that is.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I've officially seen it all. A hawk fan with class and a sense of reality. We won't tell your h-nation friends...

Legend
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 1,410

You're welcome to post here. Just keep your Tavern Hawk brethren away.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post

I don't think any ISU or Iowa fan will have any right whatsoever to brag about their team going into this game Saturday. Both teams looked sluggish and rusty in their first games. ISU faced an easier opponent as well.

So there is not much that either side can really talk trash about. I predict a pretty close game.... with one side winning by less than 10 points. I have no idea at this point who I would favor after seeing both ISU and Iowa play?

I think one thing is for certain... the trash talking will be pretty quiet this week. And what a great thing that is.
    That is definately NOT certain. Why would you think this?

@LeSchmick

XBox Live: Le Schmick

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post

Two civil posts in a row! But yeah, I have to agree with LeSchmick--the trash talking will still be (and already is) going on. Just look at some of the other threads on the board already.

Starter
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Why can't we have more posts like this from both teams' fans?
    Iowa and ISU left alot to be desired. That being said, the week 1 momentum I think would have to go to the Cyclones. They got ahead and stayed ahead. Iowa had to fight tooth and nail just to pull off a W.
    I give the mental edge to ISU right now, but all that could change Saturday.

Cy 'till I Die

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 45

Both teams have a lot of work, as neither looked impressive. Hopefully the coaches are right for Iowa State and we just need some tweaking on the defense.

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Starter
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

The first game of the year really means nothing to this rivalry game. How many times has Iowa blown out their first couple opponents, Iowa St. struggled badly, and ISU comes out with the win? This game is a whole nother animal.....anything can happen.

And for the cyclone fans that think Iowa will come out as flat and not ready to play like they did against UNI....you've got another thing comin. I'd be VERY surprised if Iowa doesn't come out fired up, ready to prove they are more than one point better than an FCS team (albeit a damn good FCS team). Last week was a wake up call to the whole team. They aren't good enough to not show up and still get the win.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Iowa was not "flat" vs UNI. Iowa did not fail to show up for that game. UNI was more physical and just flat out beat them on both sides of the ball for most of that game. UNI is a good football team period - compared to all of them at all amateur levels. UNI is NOT the worst team that Iowa will play this year. If they played again, Iowa would have it's hands full again.

Starter
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by swammi View Post
    Iowa was not "flat" vs UNI. Iowa did not fail to show up for that game. UNI was more physical and just flat out beat them on both sides of the ball for most of that game. UNI is a good football team period - compared to all of them at all amateur levels. UNI is NOT the worst team that Iowa will play this year. If they played again, Iowa would have it's hands full again.
    I disagree. The first half was as bad of football as I have seen Iowa play in a while. It clearly took Iowa until halftime to realize that they actually had to play. Iowa showed up for a scrimmage; UNI showed up for a war.

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 161

Quote Originally Posted by wsrgohawks View Post
    I disagree. The first half was as bad of football as I have seen Iowa play in a while. It clearly took Iowa until halftime to realize that they actually had to play. Iowa showed up for a scrimmage; UNI showed up for a war.
    Just like Penn State did last year at Kinnick...

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 13

Iowa played a depleted UNI team without its top RB and WR, and still barely beat them. If UNI coulda made just one field goal, this would be a very different thread. ISU played like hell, because I don't think they were ready to play. ISU has alot to proove this week in practice and I guarantee the clones will come out fast and hard on Sat., I am mildly nervous on how we plan on defending Moeaki because we never cover the posts and seams very well and we have a young LB core.

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by wsrgohawks View Post
    The first game of the year really means nothing to this rivalry game. How many times has Iowa blown out their first couple opponents, Iowa St. struggled badly, and ISU comes out with the win? This game is a whole nother animal.....anything can happen.

And for the cyclone fans that think Iowa will come out as flat and not ready to play like they did against UNI....you've got another thing comin. I'd be VERY surprised if Iowa doesn't come out fired up, ready to prove they are more than one point better than an FCS team (albeit a damn good FCS team). Last week was a wake up call to the whole team. They aren't good enough to not show up and still get the win.
    Umm, since when do Iowa State fans think i o a will come out flat? That excuse is the exclusive property of i o a fans.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

The Hawks just can't give UNI the credit they deserve. They outplayed the Hawks on both sides of the ball for most of that game. They gutted it out late, got the ball and executed a drive. The ONLY reason they came up short was that their kicker kickede on too low a trajectory. Late in the game, with the Hawks desperate to sustain a drive to preserve a one point lead, UNI sacked Stanzi twice in the span of three plays with a four man rush. So, what..............they came out flat and went back to flat later on? I think the Hawks are very lucky that Grace made that small mental error in the first period. Diving for a score, he hook slid about 1.5 yds short of a first down. He clearly could have made the 1st down without risking injury, he slid way too early. This resulted in a field goal. Had he gotten the first down instead, they would have had 4 more downs in the red zone which may well have resulted in a 14-3 lead instead of 10-3. I'm convince that UNI is a real football team that would challenge the Hawks on their best day. I think they have proven that. Wait and see how many of those guys end up in NFL camps.