Initially looking at the game as a whole I was very ****** and dissappointed about how we played and looked as a whole. But as I sit here and think about the game a little futher I am not as dissappointed as I initial though. First off it is our first game under a new coach and a new system, we r in a lot better shape then Chizik had us 2 hrs ago. Secondly, my score prediction was not that far off(42-14).. Granted the sharpness of the team as a whole was not something to be desired, but there were some good thing that came from both sides of th ball. Defensively, our secondary looked a lot better then last year with the upgrade of David Sims, that guy is going to be huge, linebackers need to get to th wholes quicker, not just on blitzes I was surprised we did not see as many 2 rotating in, with Lattimer, Toufu and Klein and Knott. Deline is a mess, Lyle had good penitration at times, the most impressive I would say is Frere, what a hard work, and runs great latterally for a NG. Offensively, we can't drop passes, I really hope Sed is okay, Money looked good after he got settled, good to see Darks in there Williams and Zitek, Franklin and Catlette played well but nothing great. Hamilton was of course the most impressive, even as a bit of a deep threat which I never though I would say, Arob had a typical game, I was disappointed not to see Bo, Swartz did show he has it in a clean up role 7 for 43, imagine what he could have done with a full game.
To add to a storyline we had no radios for the first half, u could tell too defensive adjustment were not what I expected. North Dakota refused to not use therlir as a cortesy too ..
Over all we have a lot to fine tune but we were not too far off from what I expected for a first game, does a team real show it all when it plays a rivalry game th following week? $&@! The Hawks! They will get there's.....