Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taggart Quote

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Taggart Quote

Taggart said he met with McDermott only twice, and that the two never bonded.

"I said a curse word in the gym, and he told me that wasn't allowed," Taggart said. "I was like, 'I've got to get out of here.'"

Informed that things are much different at Memphis, that cursing is allowed though more often players are the ones sometimes cursed -- particularly for poor defense -- Taggart just smiled and shook his head.

"That's good," he said. "That's what I need to make me better."

Give me a break taggart...i'm glad your gone. he acted like he was still such a stud player after his terrible year. i'm glad his terrible attitude is gone and if he cant deal with not being able to curse, i dont think his attitude is going to let him develope into a great ball player

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 647
    Given: 581

Re: Taggart Quote

I like Mac D's tight style. I would like to see ISU not only a top notch program, but a classy team. sounds like he's making steps towards that.

@RandomGeoFacts

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 163

Too many people think that you can't have both a winning program and a clean program. I think that what GMAC is trying to do is get rid of the players that don't realize that ISU has potential and they just need to work hard to get to that next level. By ridding the program of those players, it's much easier to have a team that overachieves and doesn't let the fans down. Mix that style in with the talent that GMAC is lining up, and it will really change the whole dynamics of ISU MBB.

We might not win immediately by swapping out players, but even the losses will be much more enjoyable than most of last season's wins. If people would realize that we are changing the whole philosophy of the program, not just players, I think they would appreciate what GMAC is doing. It's not an immediate answer, but it's the best answer and the one with the biggest rewards long-term. We have a great opportunity to be not just good in 2-4 years, but to be great.

There will not be anymore major swings in the season to season success that we are used to. My prediction is that we go to the NCAA Tourney 3 out of 4 years if not 4 out of 5 or better. I really don't see how GMAC could not be incredibly successful with what he is trying to line up. He is the perfect coach; great coaching ability and great recruiting ability rolled into one.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Addict
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

Wow, I really can't believe Taggart would say those things. That just opens himself up to even more critcism from those who already considered themselves Taggart critics (like myself).

If I had his althetic ability, I'd guarantee you I would be busting my *** to take my game to the highest level.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

Honestly, at this point I can care less what Taggart says. The fact is when he was in the game he was almost a non-factor and played TERRIBLE defense. 5.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg and just 8 total blocks in 30 games it's not like he was a force to be reckoned with down low. I was amazed when I went to look up his block total that it was just 8 because a 6-10 guy that is lanky as he is and athletic you think would at least crack 10 blocks with the minutes he played. I think there may still be a lot of potential there but from what we saw as fans you really had to question his desire and work ethic. He seemed more inclined to talk about how good he thought he was (especially before he even played a minute) than about what he needed to work on to get to where he wants to go which I assume is the NBA. Will be interesting to see how much he play and how much he improved when he plays for Mempis in 2 season.

Go Cubs Go!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 550
    Given: 349

Also, we WILL NOT lose to EA Sports this year due to our crummy interior defense.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 127

I am also glad he is gone. I'm not surprised he only had 8 blocks, he could hardly get his feet off the ground. It takes too much effort to block shots, besides, isn't that defense? Something he hardly played. Good luck at Memphis being a practice player.

Go Cyclones!!

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

TAGGART IS A CLOWN AND SOMEONE WE DON'T NEED. HIS ATTITUDE WAS A JOKE AND EFFORT WAS EVEN WORSE. I'M GLAD HE IS GONE.

IT JUST SHOWS HIS TRUE COLORS. WE WOULD HAVE NEVER WON WITH A CLOWN LIKE THIS. HE BELONGS AT MEMPHIS......................

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 23

A lot of us have been saying this since mid-season. Although it's good to see it justified. ;D

Starter
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

good riddance

www.drivethelane.com/bask - A great college basketball simulation. Give it a try, it's FREE, not to mention addicting.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Faggert is lucky Homan is not around anymore, he would have kicked his **** for quotes like that. I am glad he is gone and I don't see him being successful anywhere with an attitude like that.
    [/b][/quote]
    This post is quite lovely. I think you misspelled taggs name btw. That is just a classless post with no merit. If Homan was still here, he would have said so many naughty words in practice by now, he would be on the next train to manhattan. I don't know if you ever saw/talked to him, but dude did swear a lot if you didnt know. In addittion, to all those calling taggs a thug, the last player i remember getting into a brawl was in fact Homan. also involved in the VEISHA incident, although I dont blame him for either, I rather liked both.

Let the bid to become the newest conf. USA team begin

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

From what I know I think discombob is right about this.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

i cannot believe you agree with me. that is amazing. nothing to add but that, I was just so shocked.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

lol... there are times that I agree with what you say, I just don't always post it. I don't see the post up there anymore, but from what you quoted... I didn't think that Taggart's name change was called for... and I don't even want discuss homan's attitude... He was a great player, and I loved watching him, but unless you were female, he wasn't the nicest guy off the court. (I think his attitude actually helped him as a player being agressive and all, something that hurt's Ross as a player)

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

yeah i am actually quite glad that post got deleted, that is just uncalled for, and stuff like that didnt help him stay. I agree on all counts with Homan, great player, however everyone that calls taggs or farnold or whoever a thug, obviosly doesnt remember homan or pratt