Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Kansas hires Gale Sayers to help with fund raising

Kansas University announced the hiring of Gale Sayers as its director of fund-raising for special projects on Monday afternoon. Sayers, a two-time All-America selection at KU in 1963-64 and an inductee into the Hall of Fame in 1977 after a sterling career with the Chicago Bears, will start in October. "I am thrilled to welcome Gale back to the Kansas athletics administration," Perkins said in a release. "There is no one better suited to take on this role." Sayers said: "Lew and I started talking about my coming back to the University of Kansas about six months ago. He told me that he wanted to build Kansas athletics into a program that would be competing for national championships in every sport. I believe that with the team Lew has put together, and with the support of the KU alumni, we can make this a reality." -- KC Star

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Kansas hires Gale Sayers to help with fund raising

With the exposure Kansas basketball gives the university, anything is possible, I guess. For some reason though, I just can't envision a Kansas versus Florida national championship football game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

Re: Kansas hires Gale Sayers to help with fund raising

It's possible, but I would say it's at least a 6 years away. If KU continues to win and starts to do the changes they are talking about with the stadium there is a chance they could be a player. The recruiting has gotten better every year and the people that think KU will fall off the map when Reesing graduates aren't very close to the situation. When you look at the talent in the freshman and sophomore classes and see who's committed so far this year you can see why KU is excited about the future. But they still have a long, long ways to go to ever be considered a NC team.