Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 177,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,140
    Points
    177,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

    Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley


  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 277,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,949
    Points
    277,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Bradley has been much much better over the past month, and the only people who seem to dis-like him are a majority of the Cub fans and the media. I don't see where one player on the Cubs who has complained about him. If he stays hot until the end of the season, it would be dumb to get rid of him.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    The idea there of playing Theriot at 2nd and picking up a shortstop was interesting. That could be something to think about.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 283,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,668
    Points
    283,452
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 27

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Its pretty simple, you keep both. Although, I wouldn't mind picking up a veteran catcher just incase Soto keeps on sucking next year.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 34,457, Level: 57
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 993
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,982
    Points
    34,457
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Its pretty simple, you keep both. Although, I wouldn't mind picking up a veteran catcher just incase Soto keeps on sucking next year.
    Couldn't agree more...despite Bradley's attitude to the media I'll take a team full of .400obp guys, and I'm not ready to write off Soto after the way he performed last year and the year before, but this year sure has been rough, and has me concerned a little.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone_12 View Post
    Couldn't agree more...despite Bradley's attitude to the media I'll take a team full of .400obp guys, and I'm not ready to write off Soto after the way he performed last year and the year before, but this year sure has been rough, and has me concerned a little.
    Wouldn't this year just be the traditional sophomore slump?

    I'm not worried about Soto. I'd like to see Fuld get a shot in there somewhere.

    One of the comments under the article mentioned moving Wells. That doesn't seem like a great idea.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 34,457, Level: 57
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 993
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,982
    Points
    34,457
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Wouldn't this year just be the traditional sophomore slump?

    I'm not worried about Soto. I'd like to see Fuld get a shot in there somewhere.

    One of the comments under the article mentioned moving Wells. That doesn't seem like a great idea.
    That's what I'm hoping...he looked so tuned in most of the time last year that it's hard to believe he's this bad of a hitter. He's still young.

    I would also be for somehow getting Fuld some more chances...or at least keeping him on the bench to pinch hit, and pinch run, and against moving Wells. The guy is in rookie of the year contention for goodness sakes..

    Clearly we understand things and how they should be, I just hope the Cubs agree.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone_12 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping...he looked so tuned in most of the time last year that it's hard to believe he's this bad of a hitter. He's still young.

    I would also be for somehow getting Fuld some more chances...or at least keeping him on the bench to pinch hit, and pinch run, and against moving Wells. The guy is in rookie of the year contention for goodness sakes..

    Clearly we understand things and how they should be, I just hope the Cubs agree.
    We're Cyclones. It makes us smarter than the average bear.

    I'm still torn on the Milton Bradley thing. Soriano's knee is a major concern, unless someone needed him as a DH.

    I could still really get excited about an outfield of Fuld, Fukodome, and Fox. I could see that going a long ways.

    Get that one more infielder for 2B/SS, and I think we have a nice-looking team coming in.

    Just need to make sure we consider team chemistry this time.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,592
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 94

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    I say replace Fukudome with Fuld or someone else. He's hasn't lived up to the hype



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 283,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,668
    Points
    283,452
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 27

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyched View Post
    I say replace Fukudome with Fuld or someone else. He's hasn't lived up to the hype
    :facepalm:

    Fukudome has been our 2nd best hitter this year. An OPS around .850 all year long. He isn't the problem.

    BTW, we really need a facepalm smilie.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    :facepalm:

    Fukudome has been our 2nd best hitter this year. An OPS around .850 all year long. He isn't the problem.

    BTW, we really need a facepalm smilie.
    And he's a solid fielder as well.

    I think some people have the idea that he should be hitting 45 HRs a year, which clearly isn't going to happen with him.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    At some point, we'll have to start the way too early predictions thread regarding next year's lineup..........


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 19,398, Level: 42
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    bufante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    DMI
    Posts
    977
    Points
    19,398
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 9

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    I think the main concern is how can we get Fox into the lineup everyday? I am all for getting rid of Soriano and giving Fox left field, defensively we wouldn't really be losing much (if anything at all).

    Wells seems to be a keeper to me.

    I like the idea of Fuld as a bench player really. A late inning defensive replacement sort of guy.

    I would trade the Hoff and not resign Johnson.

    Bradley I would keep. We wouldn't get what we paid for him anyway and he can hit, just having a sub par year. I like him much better in the 2nd spot anyway, not the 5th.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Quote Originally Posted by bufante View Post
    I think the main concern is how can we get Fox into the lineup everyday? I am all for getting rid of Soriano and giving Fox left field, defensively we wouldn't really be losing much (if anything at all).

    Wells seems to be a keeper to me.

    I like the idea of Fuld as a bench player really. A late inning defensive replacement sort of guy.

    I would trade the Hoff and not resign Johnson.

    Bradley I would keep. We wouldn't get what we paid for him anyway and he can hit, just having a sub par year. I like him much better in the 2nd spot anyway, not the 5th.
    I'll take just about anything that gives Fox a shot.

    I still like the rotation that we could have with Zambrano, Harden, Lilly, Wells, and Dempster. I still see a lot of wins with that bunch.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Hendry has tough decisons on catcher and Bradley

    Is it just me?

    Or should someone be interjecting ... "the Cubs have a tough decision on Hendry"?

    As I recall - he just signed an extension. So the likelihood of a change at the helm is about as likely as someone picking up a Soriano or Bradley contract.

    I'm afraid Chicago fans will be seeing a pretty similar look next year....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM