Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 617
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thumbs up Thanks To Arnaud & Brackins...

Outside of being great athletes and the leaders of our 2 primary athetics programs, these guys are awesome ambassadors for ISU and I've been REALLY impressed with how they've handled themselves throughout their time here.

I'm very proud to have these guys as Cyclones and just wanted to compliment them both on being great role models and student-athletes for our programs before the seasons begin and the critics come out. We all know by now that playing for ISU isn't always easy and respect is extremely hard to earn w/o WINS, but these guys have earned my utmost respect for how they handle themselves on and off the field, day in and day out.

Neither of them have seen many rewards for their hard work and perseverance up to this point and they've both been through some rocky coaching changes, so that's why I really hope they finally get to taste the fruits of success in both upcoming seasons.

Thanks, good luck and best wishes to AA, CB and all of the other cyclone student athletes that don't always get the recognition they deserve!!

Keep working hard and your time will come..... I - S - U!!!

- Im not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 502

Re: Thanks To Arnaud & Brackins...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    Outside of being great athletes and the leaders of our 2 primary athetics programs, these guys are awesome ambassadors for ISU and I've been REALLY impressed with how they've handled themselves throughout their time here.

I'm very proud to have these guys as Cyclones and just wanted to compliment them both on being great role models and student-athletes for our programs before the seasons begin and the critics come out. We all know by now that playing for ISU isn't always easy and respect is extremely hard to earn w/o WINS, but these guys have earned my utmost respect for how they handle themselves on and off the field, day in and day out.

Neither of them have seen many rewards for their hard work and perseverance up to this point and they've both been through some rocky coaching changes, so that's why I really hope they finally get to taste the fruits of success in both upcoming seasons.

Thanks, good luck and best wishes to AA, CB and all of the other cyclone student athletes that don't always get the recognition they deserve!!

+1 Well said

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 132

To add to this, Brackins spent a long time at Fanfest standing in the middle of the field signing autographs and taking pictures. I don't think that was planned and he just got stuck there while walking through but he didn't seem to mind and was very pleasant.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I also read Chris' interview with Ejim and it sounds like Craig was a major factor in his recruitment (he mentioned he could go to Craig about anything & get a straight answer) and represented ISU very well in doing so.....if guys like CB love ISU and wanna stick around in Ames, it's gotta open up some eyes from the guys that respect CB's game and look up to him.

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Its nice to have leaders like both of them in our program. Some colleges arent lucky enough to have great gentlemen like we do..

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

+1 too!

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 64

I agree wholeheartedly. With so many scandals and negative publicity out there, it's all too seldom that student athletes get noticed for doing things the right way. Even if neither AA or CB had never contributed to a single victory, there presence here will be felt and fondly remembered for years to come.

A huge thank-you to both of them, and to all the other student athletes that represent the school and the community so very well.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 337
    Given: 239

I'd like to thank all our student athletes for their hard work and great representation of the athletic program.

Addict
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 58

They both seem like pretty good kids. I remember seeing Brackins at the spring football game and he really had a genuine smile on his face.

+1 on this post. Maybe we won't win as many as we want to, but it's great to have these kind of kids in the program.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    To add to this, Brackins spent a long time at Fanfest standing in the middle of the field signing autographs and taking pictures. I don't think that was planned and he just got stuck there while walking through but he didn't seem to mind and was very pleasant.
    Double +1

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

now if CB will stay to play with ejim...

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by WBfaceofisu4022 View Post
    can they still drink and be considered good student athletes off the field?
    As long as they're responsible about it, I'd say yes. They are college students after all.....and I'm pretty sure they're both of age by now too.

I'm not trying to say they're perfect human beings and never do anything conceivably wrong, but in the grand scheme of things, these guys handle themselves pretty darn well.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 403

can they still drink and be considered good student athletes off the field?

Absolutely

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,298
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 8

ok..... understand that... but what about drink and drive?
    Should they if they're over the legal limit? No. Should ANYONE? No. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

From everything I've seen and read, these two athletes handle themselves with class and decorum. If they've made some bad decisions, but have not gotten themselves in any legal trouble over it, then I guess it doesn't concern me. I would hope they would make better decisions than that, but they're also 20-something college students...

And, seriously. Do you ever have anything positive to say? About anything?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Should they if they're over the legal limit? No. Should ANYONE? No. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

From everything I've seen and read, these two athletes handle themselves with class and decorum. If they've made some bad decisions, but have not gotten themselves in any legal trouble over it, then I guess it doesn't concern me. I would hope they would make better decisions than that, but they're also 20-something college students...

And, seriously. Do you ever have anything positive to say? About anything?
    I think he/she is trying to lead people down the road of making a statement that can then be turned around on them about how the mistakes at the UI have been treated. I wish the poster would just spit out what ever crap they are trying to get to, this coy stuff is irritating when you know you are just waiting for a shoe to drop.

"It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH