Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Angry Tickets lost in mail...

Today I got tired of waiting for my season tickets to arrive, so I called the ticket office. They gave me a package number and told me to contact the postal service. I looked online and it said my package was delivered. So I called the post office and they said it was delivered, they talked to the carrier who claims they remember delivering the package...

This sucks, I guess I'll go home and search my entire house and yard... Hopefully they will print me new ones if they aren't there.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 355

Re: Tickets lost in mail...

Ask your neighbor if he is a Hawk. Carry a big stick.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 15

We were out of town and had our mail held. When I stopped in to get the accumulated mail, they had to scan the envelope's bar code and I think they made a note on the envelope, too.

I wonder whether they scan the envelope as the carrier takes it out to deliver, or use a handheld scanner to actually scan it when it's put in a person's mail box.

You could always just wait to see who shows up in your seats... j/k

Pro
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by CompCy View Post
    Today I got tired of waiting for my season tickets to arrive, so I called the ticket office. They gave me a package number and told me to contact the postal service. I looked online and it said my package was delivered. So I called the post office and they said it was delivered, they talked to the carrier who claims they remember delivering the package...

This sucks, I guess I'll go home and search my entire house and yard... Hopefully they will print me new ones if they aren't there.
    Do you live in a small town, because how can a postal carrier state with complete and utter confidence "they remembered" delivering the package (which for my mini-pack tickets was a small brown envelope)?

This does suck.

All-Star
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 836
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 76

A few years ago I was waiting on my Season tickets and they never came. Well I called the ticket office and they said that they had 2 addresses for me. My old apartment address was the 2nd. I don't understand why they would have 2 addresses for me, but they just chose one. I went to my old apartment and luckly the individuals who were renting it picked up my package. They said that it was partially ripped open and it was just laying in the hallway outside their door. I guess the thing that gets me is that I had bought 6 season tickets, which was well over $750 and the postal individual just throw it on the ground in the hallway. Anyone could have picked them up. The nice thing is ISU was willing to reprint my tickets if I did not find them. I would just talk to them and see if they will reprint them if you can't find them.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

Addict
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 326
    Given: 138

Quote Originally Posted by Ms3r4ISU View Post
    I wonder whether they scan the envelope as the carrier takes it out to deliver, or use a handheld scanner to actually scan it when it's put in a person's mail box.
    At my complex the postal truck is parked on the road, he scans everything in there and then brings it in. I've seen him do this many times as he delivers about the same time everyday. Don't know if it's the right or wrong way, but that's how I've seen it and I'm sure that's how it saves time.

Starter
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

woah thats not cool

Starter
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrocks View Post
    Do you live in a small town, because how can a postal carrier state with complete and utter confidence "they remembered" delivering the package (which for my mini-pack tickets was a small brown envelope)?

This does suck.
    As a former carrier I know that when it arrives at the station it is scanned and then scanned when delivered. I am not saying this happened but check your block to see if someone else got it. Also check a close street that may have the same house number as you. I am 99.5% sure the carrier would not take it. Also check to see on line at which time the letter was scanned in at the station and what time the carrier scanned it delivered. If they are close to the same time then the carrier scanned it at the office and missed cased it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CompCy View Post

Happened to me two years ago...raised hell. Told the ticket office to reprint my tickets. Took a little effort, but they did it.

Starter
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 159

Happend with me last year for Basketball tickets. They just had me pick up the new retickets at will call. Funny thing was that my original tickets came about 2 weeks later. Somehow it took the post office a month to deliver them from Ames to Ankeny.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yler4cy View Post
    A few years ago I was waiting on my Season tickets and they never came. Well I called the ticket office and they said that they had 2 addresses for me. My old apartment address was the 2nd. I don't understand why they would have 2 addresses for me, but they just chose one. I went to my old apartment and luckly the individuals who were renting it picked up my package. They said that it was partially ripped open and it was just laying in the hallway outside their door. I guess the thing that gets me is that I had bought 6 season tickets, which was well over $750 and the postal individual just throw it on the ground in the hallway. Anyone could have picked them up. The nice thing is ISU was willing to reprint my tickets if I did not find them. I would just talk to them and see if they will reprint them if you can't find them.
    This is what I think has happened to me as well. I called the ticket office Friday, and they told me that they would send me replacements if I didn't get them by today (which I didn't), so I have to call them after work tomorrow.

"Seven minutes to glory."

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 65

If they start scanning football tickets like they have done in the past for mens and womens BB, reprinted football tickets will de-activate the original tickets and can't get in using the old tickets.

U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Walk On
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

This morning I finally got to talk to someone in the ticket office that was willing to help me. They are going to reprint my tickets and parking pass. This time, however, they will not be mailing them and I can go to the ticket office to pick them up.

Hopefully they are scanning barcodes this year.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 355

I thought the post office was well run. I would not sit in your seats right away next Thursday to see if someone shows up in your seats....if someone shows, go postal.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I thought the post office was well run. I would not sit in your seats right away next Thursday to see if someone shows up in your seats....if someone shows, go postal.

Dalton style!

Carrying the banner for ISU.