Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Our friends in Lincoln have quite a group of prestigious

I love the "liar, liar pants on fire" defense. Brilliant.

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 12

Waiting for the sker apologist to come here and say yea but....

Gazing into my crystal ball - the retort will be at least Bo is laying down the law and kicked off our TOP running back. The rumor from all my dear Husker fans in Nebraska is that the kid, despite extra tutoring failed his 5TH. YES 5th p-test for weed.

Way to lay down the law Bo!

Go Big Red!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by becrisgreg View Post
    Waiting for the sker apologist to come here and say yea but....

Gazing into my crystal ball - the retort will be at least Bo is laying down the law and kicked off our TOP running back. The rumor from all my dear Husker fans in Nebraska is that the kid, despite extra tutoring failed his 5TH. YES 5th p-test for weed.

Way to lay down the law Bo!

Go Big Red!
    And your point, becrisgreg? Last year Pelini kicked his top linebacker, Cody Glenn, off the team (a guy who recently signed a 3-year NFL contract) for some kind of a team rules infraction. Now he kicks off a running back who smart money said would probably be in the backfield 30%-40% of the time this year. A guy who led Nebraska to a Gator Bowl game win over Clemson this past January when their top running back, Roy Helu, went down with a hamstring injury. As much as you would like to paint this as a "no big deal, he isn't a starter" scenerio, this is a huge loss for Nebraska. Many had projected the Helu/Castille combination to be one of the absollute best in the country this year.

The bottom line is, whether you want to admit it or not, Pelini has come in to Lincoln, laid down the law, and stuck by his guns. If you hate Nebraska so much you can't admit that, you are a sorry, sorry puppy.

We have had our share of problems in Ames, too. The difference is that when you aren't winning consistently nobody notices. Unfortunately, problem athletes are a problem in just about every major program in the country.

Last edited by Wingback; 08-24-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback View Post
    The bottom line is, whether you want to admit it or not, Pelini has come in to Lincoln, laid down the law, and stuck by his guns. .

You made my points. You stressed what a huge loss and sacrifice this was for Bo. In fact you even brought up something from last year. I know it is hard for 'skers to live in the now, but maybe you should have mentioned the penalty for Johnny the Jet and his felony gas station robbery. It is about as relevant and strict as the latest penalty. Pelini sure laid down the law...... But only after 5 failed drug tests. Real strict! What is the NCAA penalty for failed drug test? ( I really don't know). Is this a UNL penalty or NCAA dismissal?

I freely admit I hate Nebraska, you (the collective fan base sense) defending Pelini's noble actions when in reality he allowed a player to stay on the team and never miss any game time after failing 4 drug tests is just the latest reason.

I am sure you and the rest of the Greatest Fans in All of the World will give me another before the week is out!

Last edited by becrisgreg; 08-24-2009 at 09:27 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The bottom line is, whether you want to admit it or not, Pelini has come in to Lincoln, laid down the law, and stuck by his guns. If you hate Nebraska so much you can't admit that, you are a sorry, sorry puppy.
    Three words buddy ... Hunter Freakin Teafatiller

Oh yeah, three more ... Andy Freakin Christensen

Bo certainly is the second coming off famous lawman Wyatt Earp

I'm on twitter @mookjnsn ... me, not her.

Just Win Baby
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If Osborne was coaching this kid would have gotten off free and than received a medal of honor

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    If Osborne was coaching this kid would have gotten off free and than received a medal of honor
    Osborne probably would have stashed the weed in his desk drawer for "safekeeping" like he did when one of his players was packing heat. He never quite mastered the concept of turning things over to the police.

Thumbs Up

I have all the respect in the world for Paul Rhoads and know members of his family very well, but before we start throwing stones, maybe we had better wait and see how the current ISU staff handles its first few player problems before we start copping a "holier than thou" attitude. Once words get out of your mouth, they are like tooth paste, they can never be put back into the tube. Your condemnation of Pelilni could come back to bite you.

And, as for the five failed drug tests, let's just chalk that up to rumor. Nebraska does not release the details of player suspensions/disciplinary actions, nor do most college teams. Rumor may have it, but we probably will never know if that rumor is substantiated or not.

I understand the Skers have pounded Iowa State repeatedly for the past nearly 50 years (even some of Nebraska's worst teams have found a way to beat ISU), but the hate Cyclone fans have for them is staggering. Growing up over there and witnessing Oklahoma ripping Nebraska's heart out time and time again (Sooner Magic) never for a minute soured me on Oklahoma. I have always had tremendous respect for the Sooner program and was one of many Nebraskans who hated to see the formation of the Big 12 Conference end the yearly battle between the two programs.

Instead of condemning Nebraska, Iowa State fans should admire what they have been able to accomplish, as a small midwestern state with limited a limited pool of Division One prospects, and make it their goal to try to achieve similar success.

As a transplanted Nebraskan, I respect Iowa State, Paul Rhoads and the entire ISU athletic program (one of my daughters graduated from Iowa State and is proud to consider herself a Cyclone), attend Cyclone events from time-to-time (and yes, cheer for the Clones), and have always hoped for their success. As hard as it is for some to understand, you can be from a rival state and not hate them.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 17

Wow, these are starting to add up fast. This story, Thunder Collins, Lawrence Philips...

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 49

I have all the respect in the world for Paul Rhoads and know members of his family very well, but before we start throwing stones, maybe we had better wait and see how the current ISU staff handles its first few player problems before we start copping a "holier than thou" attitude. Once words get out of your mouth, they are like tooth paste, they can never be put back into the tube. Your condemnation of Pelilni could come back to bite you.

And, as for the five failed drug tests, let's just chalk that up to rumor. Nebraska does not release the details of player suspensions/disciplinary actions, nor do most college teams. Rumor may have it, but we probably will never know if that rumor is substantiated or not.

I understand the Skers have pounded Iowa State repeatedly for the past nearly 50 years (even some of Nebraska's worst teams have found a way to beat ISU), but the hate Cyclone fans have for them is staggering. Growing up over there and witnessing Oklahoma ripping Nebraska's heart out time and time again (Sooner Magic) never for a minute soured me on Oklahoma. I have always had tremendous respect for the Sooner program and was one of many Nebraskans who hated to see the formation of the Big 12 Conference end the yearly battle between the two programs.

Instead of condemning Nebraska, Iowa State fans should admire what they have been able to accomplish, as a small midwestern state with limited a limited pool of Division One prospects, and make it their goal to try to achieve similar success.

As a transplanted Nebraskan, I respect Iowa State, Paul Rhoads and the entire ISU athletic program (one of my daughters graduated from Iowa State and is proud to consider herself a Cyclone), attend Cyclone events from time-to-time (and yes, cheer for the Clones), and have always hoped for their success. As hard as it is for some to understand, you can be from a rival state and not hate them.
    Good grief. Your posts are starting to really suck. Can you stop? The last thing I want to hear is some sanctimonious Husker fan posting on the virutes of 'honor'. Kinda like a fat chick talking about how hard it is to be a skinny girl.

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Thumbs Up

I find it very interesting that if a bitter Iowa State fan talks about:
    • Johnny Rodgers
    • Lawrence Phillips
    • Jason Peter
    • Scott Baldwin
    That's okay.

But when a Nebraska fan talks about:
    • Five national championships
    • 43 conference football titles
    • Three Heisman Trophy and seven Outland Trophy winners
    • Big 12 leading football graduation rate
    • Nation's winningest football program since 1970
    • NCAA record 35 straight bowl appearances
    • NCAA leading 262 Academic All Americans
    • NCAA leading 296 consecutive football sellouts
    That's living in the past.

Just another one of those things that makes you go, "hmm."

Now I think I much better understand Iowa fans.

Last edited by Wingback; 08-25-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I find it very interesting that if a bitter Iowa State fan talks about:
    • Johnny Rodgers
    • Lawrence Phillips
    • Jason Peter
    • Scott Baldwin

That's okay.

But when a Nebraska fan talks about:
    • Five national championships
    • 43 conference football titles
    • Three Heisman Trophy and seven Outland Trophy winners
    • Big 12 leading football graduation rate
    • Nation's winningest football program since 1970
    • NCAA record 35 straight bowl appearances
    • NCAA leading 262 Academic All Americans
    • NCAA leading 296 consecutive football sellouts

That's living in the past.

Just another one of those things that makes you go, "hmm."

Now I think I much better understand Iowa fans.
    And I don't understand why fans of other teams post on these boards. The only time I go to a rival's website is if someone posts a semi important link here.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by johnpkelly81 View Post
    And I don't understand why fans of other teams post on these boards. The only time I go to a rival's website is if someone posts a semi important link here.
    For your personal enjoyment, johnpkelly81:

I follow and post on CycloneFanatic for a number of reasons including:

1. I live in central Iowa (and have for the past 12 years).
    2. My daughter graduated from Iowa State and proudly calls herself a Cyclone (and as her father, I am glad she loves her school and supports it).
    3. I have tremendous respect for Paul Rhoads, Greg McDermott, and Bill Fennelly (although Jamie Pollard reminds me too much of Steve Pederson).
    4. We try to get to at least one ISU football game a year and also try to get to a few basketball games (although my announcing schedule sometimes makes it difficult).
    5. I genuinely enjoy college athletics.

Does that answer your question?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

For your personal enjoyment, johnpkelly81:

I follow and post on CycloneFanatic for a number of reasons including:

1. I live in central Iowa (and have for the past 12 years).
    2. My daughter graduated from Iowa State and proudly calls herself a Cyclone (and as her father, I am glad she loves her school and supports it).
    3. I have tremendous respect for Paul Rhoads, Greg McDermott, and Bill Fennelly (although Jamie Pollard reminds me too much of Steve Pederson).
    4. We try to get to at least one ISU football game a year and also try to get to a few basketball games (although my announcing schedule sometimes makes it difficult).
    5. I genuinely enjoy college athletics.

Does that answer your question?
    No it really doesn't answer my question. I admire the heck out of many coaches, or AD's but don't spend time on their fan sites. I have family that have graduated from other colleges, don't spend time on their sites. My mom went to a Big 10 school, don't spend time on their sites.
    If you genuinely enjoy college athletics, props to you, but I think you are probably a Nebraska fan in central Iowa?