Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Favre to play one half

    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 27,401, Level: 50
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    lakesbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    837
    Points
    27,401
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 32

    Re: Favre to play one half

    2-12 8 yards and 1 int.

    Farve will ruin the vikings!! betus.com had Vikes 14-1 to win the super bowl, after Farve signed & still today. its 16-1.


    NDSU - BACK 2 BACK 2 BACK National Football Champions! Beat Kansas ST, Kansas & Minnesota 2 times, We hate Iowa and Northern Iowa, but ISU is cool with us. cya in 2014!

  3. #3
    Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Dave19642006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,853
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Its alll about a name....not who is better.....we all know this



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 335,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,730
    Points
    335,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave19642006 View Post
    Its alll about a name....not who is better.....we all know this
    Trying to claim TJ or Sage are better than Favre?



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 162,211, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,511
    Points
    162,211
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 378

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Trying to claim TJ or Sage are better than Favre?
    right now yes. 1 for 4 for 4 yard. and the one was lucky he caught it. T jak and Sage were much better in the preseason so far.

    But then again, it's the receivers fault because they don't know how to play with such a good quarterback.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,993, Level: 75
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,847
    Points
    59,993
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 60

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    right now yes. 1 for 4 for 4 yard. and the one was lucky he caught it. T jak and Sage were much better in the preseason so far.

    But then again, it's the receivers fault because they don't know how to play with such a good quarterback.
    You're right, they should be humming along like a well-oiled machine after a total of what, 3 practices together? That makes much more sense.

    1 of the incompletions was on an all-out blitz by KC, yet both WR on the right side continued on their deep routes, while Favre is expecting the inside receiver to break off his route to a spot over the middle.

    Another was the throw to Johnson, who had run a curl on left side. It appeared that Favre was trying to lead him away from the defender toward the middle of field, where he could turn it up for extra yards.

    Both of those, to me, are examples of a lack of playing time together. I'm not very concerned about 1-4 for 4 yards. I'm more concerned about the partially torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder and the 40+ sacks that the O-line gave up last year.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 34,197, Level: 56
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,981
    Points
    34,197
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Trying to claim TJ or Sage are better than Favre?
    Right now or 10 years ago?...you do realize that Favre isn't coming out of a game hurt unless he wants to, and that he isn't the same QB that he was 10years ago right? He was completely responsible for costing Mangini his job, as nobody can sit down Brett Favre. Also throw in the fact the neither the Jets or the Packers want Favre back...and that Favre has been among the NLF leaders in INT's how many times in the last 6 years?

    I am going to say that Favre is not the best qb on the Vikings right now, and I'm fairly confident about it.


    Last edited by Clone_12; 08-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.

  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,047, Level: 67
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Bubbahotep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,519
    Points
    48,047
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Watching the Viking train wreck this year is gonna be fun.


    “There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 145,470, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,705
    Points
    145,470
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 31

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Trying to claim TJ or Sage are better than Favre?

    There is a big difference between this Favre and a 30 year old Favre... The thing is, they will set the team back with this experiment. T-Jack and Sage are getting next to no reps so Favre can "catch up". If he goes down or doesn't get it done, they backups will have to play it by ear...



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone_12 View Post
    Right now or 10 years ago?...you do realize that Favre isn't coming out of a game hurt unless he wants to, and that he isn't the same QB that he was 10years ago right? He was completely responsible for costing Mangini his job, as nobody can sit down Brett Favre. Also throw in the fact the neither the Jets or the Packers want Favre back...and that Favre has been among the NLF leaders in INT's how many times in the last 6 years?

    I am going to say that Favre is not the best qb on the Vikings right now, and I'm fairly confident about it.
    Hes the best option for us to make it past the first round of the playoffs. Nuff said


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 17,956, Level: 40
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    768
    Points
    17,956
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Is Sage the offical back up or co starter?

    He was looking pretty good so far in preseason.


    .

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 23,987, Level: 47
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mcblogerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,504
    Points
    23,987
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 14

    Re: Favre to play one half

    I might buy my own annoying viking horn and blow it every time Brett throws a pick. Enjoy your season purple team, you're looking at third place in the north.

    Bears 11-5
    Packers 9-7
    Vikes 8-8
    Lions 2-14


    "You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

    -Some Guy

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    372
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by mcblogerson View Post
    I might buy my own annoying viking horn and blow it every time Brett throws a pick. Enjoy your season purple team, you're looking at third place in the north.

    Bears 11-5
    Packers 9-7
    Vikes 8-8
    Lions 2-14
    ******. The Vikings won 10 games with a tougher schedule and a moron at QB last year.

    They'll win 12 this year, Bears fans will cut their throats again, and the Vikes will have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl.

    I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can say "Favre sucks" after watching him play TWO SERIES in a PRESEASON GAME three days after coming to practice. Sure, T-Jack really ripped up those SECOND STRING CHIEFS...

    My God in Heaven, some of you are borderline Woodward Resource Center material.



  14. #14
    Starter Wingback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    758
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Who knows, possibly with regards to sheer talent, he may still be better than Rosenfels and Jackson. But my guess is that by mid-season half the locker room will have turned against him.

    There is a reason most of the players on the Jets didn't want him back. The Vikings will learn that all too well. The guy has an ego the size of the Atlantic Ocean and he simply doesn't know when to say no.

    Eight or ten years ago I would have rated him as one of the better NFL quarterbacks I had seen (and at 57-years old, I've seen quite a few of them). His reputation has now been tarnished well beyond repair!



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    372
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Favre to play one half

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingback View Post
    Who knows, possibly with regards to sheer talent, he may still be better than Rosenfels and Jackson. But my guess is that by mid-season half the locker room will have turned against him.

    There is a reason most of the players on the Jets didn't want him back. The Vikings will learn that all too well. The guy has an ego the size of the Atlantic Ocean and he simply doesn't know when to say no.

    Eight or ten years ago I would have rated him as one of the better NFL quarterbacks I had seen (and at 57-years old, I've seen quite a few of them). His reputation has now been tarnished well beyond repair!
    Who cares about his reputation?

    He can still play football and play it well. He was playing hurt last year at the end of the year. If he's healthy this year, which by all accounts he is, the Vikings are an instant contender. With Sage or T-Jack, they're an 8-9 win team at best.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM