I thought it was cool when NDSU beat Minnesota....
    Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I thought it was cool when NDSU beat Minnesota....

...a couple of years ago. Little did I know that NDSU fans would think a 6 point win over the worst Minnesota team ever meant their team was in college football's elite. It's like their more recent losses to Youngstown State, Montana State, UNI, Northern Colorado, Western Illinois, Southern Illinois, and South Dakota State (3 times) didn't happen. Now I can't wait until we beat them by 30-40 points and send them back to scheduling bottom feeder Big Ten teams so they might actually have a chance of pulling an 'upset' again.

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 117

Re: I thought it was cool when NDSU beat Minnesota....

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    ...a couple of years ago. Little did I know that NDSU fans would think a 6 point win over the worst Minnesota team ever meant their team was in college football's elite. It's like their more recent losses to Youngstown State, Montana State, UNI, Northern Colorado, Western Illinois, Southern Illinois, and South Dakota State (3 times) didn't happen. Now I can't wait until we beat them by 30-40 points and send them back to scheduling bottom feeder Big Ten teams so they might actually have a chance of pulling an 'upset' again.
    this is what I find funniest

"Watch out for the Cyclones. We comin," Korie Lucious.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

That was..................................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    And I'm thinking that cycofan just made the air, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    I'll be honest, Cycofan1 sounds much older than what he makes me believe on here.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    The loses at Montana St and at Southern Illinios were in 2005 2 seasons before the Minnesota win and Northern Colorado loss was in 2004? That would be like me saying with losses to mighty powers like UNI, UNLV, Toledo, Baylor and Kent State (all of whom NDSU would have owned in 2006 and 2007 when those losses happened) there is no way NDSU can lose this game. Besides that have you guys ever won a game by 30 points in your school history? seriously im wondering?

Last edited by Jack34; 08-22-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 389

Quote Originally Posted by ndstate View Post
    The loses at Montana St and at Southern Illinios were in 2005 2 seasons before the Minnesota win and Northern Colorado loss was in 2004? That would be like me saying with losses to mighty powers like UNI, UNLV, Toledo, Baylor and Kent State (all of whom NDSU would have owned in 2006 and 2007 when those losses happened) there is no way NDSU can lose this game. Besides that have you guys ever won a game by 30 points in your school history? seriously im wondering?
    Yes: To name a few, in the last couple of decades.

Kansas '02, 45-3
    Tennessee Tech '02, 58-6
    Troy St '02, 42-12
    Northern Iowa '01, 41-0
    Baylor '01, 45-0
    Kansas '01, 49-7
    Ball St '98, 38-0
    Northern Ill '93, 54-10

With quite a few more in the upper 20's, but didn't include them since you asked "over 30". If you were also wondering, yes we have been to bowl games, won some bowl games, and have been ranked #9 in the nation just a few years ago. Just bc we have been bad the last couple of years, doesn't mean we don't have any football history.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

first, i would have loved to see u guys goin up against those teams u just named especially UNI. and for your last question, yes

Thumbs Up

Is it snowing in Fargo Yet?

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 715
    Given: 1,122

It is good to learn that past history does not matter. Does this mean we will stop hearing about NDSU's pinnacle moment of being the barometer for absolute futility in FBS, and their vaunted tradition of beating the high schools of Fargo during the 80's?

Starter
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 843
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

NDSU fan's on here are ridiculous. They remind of high school parents who post on Iowa Prep's. All they can do is say how good there kids are and constantly repeat there biggest moment. Then when someone makes a valid point against them they blow up without giving reasons, oh and you get to here about that one shining moment again.

Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

The NDSU fans on here are probably a minor fringe that does not represent most of their fanbase (although 3 people is a significant percentage). But they are so over the top that I am going to laugh my *** off and freely ridicule them when they are leaving the stadium early while their team is being blown out.

In contrast, the SDSU fans who came last year showed up in impressive numbers and they were enthusiastic, fun, and respectful. If we keep playing these FCS teams, I hope we have them back and never see NDSU again. Besides, SDSU is better competition.

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 994
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 18

I can't wait til we beat the damn bisons by 30. So they'll get off our damn board. They're almost as bad as hawkeyes.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,335
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 141

I don't know any other D-1 school that has as many embarassing losses as good old ISU. UNI, Pacific, Kent State.....

Not saying the Bison are too much for Iowa State, just that the Cyclones have found a way to loose to teams they have no business loosing to in the past.

The good news is that it sounds like Herman feels like you need to score every time you have the ball, not just control the clock and hope to hold on.