Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Mediacom Dubuque area subscribers

Looking for a little first hand help...

My brother just moved into a new place and got a new LCD HD to go with it.

Mediacom has been jerking him around the past few months. First they told him there was no HD programming for free. Just the HD tier. We proved that wrong yesterday.

But now they're telling him they don't have any HD receivers with HDMI connections in "yet". "Yet"? Not like HDMI came out last month.

He isn't up for DVR - which is what I have here in WDM and has HDMI.

Anyone up there tell me if they have a standard, non-DVR, HD receiver with HDMI? Is the local office full of it?

TIA.

Pro
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Mediacom Dubuque area subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post

Mediacom has been jerking him around the past few months. First they told him there was no HD programming for free. Just the HD tier. We proved that wrong yesterday.

But now they're telling him they don't have any HD receivers with HDMI connections in "yet". "Yet"? Not like HDMI came out last month.

Anyone up there tell me if they have a standard, non-DVR, HD receiver with HDMI? Is the local office full of it?

TIA.
    That is what I got when I went to the Mediacom place on Ingersoll several months ago. They offered me either choice, and I took non-DVR.

Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Is your brother calling the mediacom office on the phone, or has he gone there in person? Mediacom reps -- at least in central Iowa -- are famous for coming up with lame excuses so they don't have to do any work. I know of at least two people who were told no equipment was available and it was on backorder for weeks by the office on Ingersoll; when they went in person, the rep handed them what they wanted from a big pile. Maybe they were trying to avoid scheduling or setting up the installation. If your brother really wants mediacom instead of satellite, he needs to go to the mediacom office in person. Dealing with them by phone is a complete waste of time.

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Thumbs Up

TIA.

Mediacom sucks!! If it's possible switch to DirecTv.

"Open the effin' canned peaches!"

Stay thirsty my friends.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    That is what I got when I went to the Mediacom place on Ingersoll several months ago. They offered me either choice, and I took non-DVR.
    That's what you got - as in the non HDMI receiver?

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure Monty's answer wasn't more of the case. They told him a couple times that he'd have to pay for ANY HD programming. But how do they NOT have an HDMI receiver? That just boogles my mind.

Do you have many troubles with the component hookups? When I got my tv last winter, my first experience with it was using component hookups for the superbowl, and it was jumpy as hell. Since got the HDMI and it's been smooth sailing.

Pro
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

That's what you got - as in the non HDMI receiver?

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure Monty's answer wasn't more of the case. They told him a couple times that he'd have to pay for ANY HD programming. But how do they NOT have an HDMI receiver? That just boogles my mind.

Do you have many troubles with the component hookups? When I got my tv last winter, my first experience with it was using component hookups for the superbowl, and it was jumpy as hell. Since got the HDMI and it's been smooth sailing.
    No, I agree with monty. i got an hdmi receiver, but it wasn't a dvr one. the office had both. go down to the office - i got the same kind of story on the phone - said they were out, had a backorder, some lame excuse. went down there and she just turns around, picks one off the shelf, and hands it to me. i had been waiting for weeks given what they were telling me on the phone.