Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8

Big XII Coaches Ranked Worst to First

Daily Nebraskan - Big 12 coaches: from worst to first

Rhoad's at 7th and described as a player's coach. I like that, a lot.

Pelini is a little high at 3 IMO (the jolly Italian fat guy I think deserves to be top 3), but I guess it's from the Daily Nebraskan. The writer really doesn't care for Gundy, this season will tell us a lot about him. I can't stand him either and don't know how defensive players would ever want to play for him.

Also Bill Snyder (grandpa) at 10.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Big XII Coaches Ranked Worst to First

I think you missed the point of the article, Bader. The writer wasn't suggesting this is who he really thinks the best and worst coaches in the conference are. He was simply analizing the demeanor and personality each displayed at the Big 12 Conference media day and then trying to relate how that might play out in the living room of a possible recruit.

Here are the opening few paragraphs describing the premise behind the article:

The task set before the football coaches of the Big 12 was simple.

Each coach had to sit at a desk and field questions from journalists at the conference’s media days in July.

Most of them were softball questions: “How do you feel about your team going into fall practice?” or “You have a really good linebacker, do you not?” You know — nothing the millionaires couldn’t handle.

But what the coaches didn’t know is that they were each being tested. Every answer, the subtle physical language they displayed and even their choice of attire for the day was scrutinized. It was a personality test that revealed the most — and least — impressive coaches.

They say a college football coach is the single most important determinant of whether a program will be successful or not. So, which school’s coach had the winning personality? Who would be the most convincing in a recruit’s living room? What did their “performance” say about the present and future of their respective programs?

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 10

Re: Big XII Coaches Ranked Worst to First

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback View Post
    I think you missed the point of the article, Bader. The writer wasn't suggesting this is who he really thinks the best and worst coaches in the conference are. He was simply analizing the demeanor and personality each displayed at the Big 12 Conference media day and then trying to relate how that might play out in the living room of a possible recruit.
    Bader's thread title is a little misleading, but so is the title of the article.

After reading it, I thought it was funny and pretty much spot on. Hey, at least the writer didn't take any cheap shots at ISU -- saved them for K-State and Colorado.

Last edited by Cyrocks; 08-20-2009 at 02:15 PM.