Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 188,919, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,278
    Points
    188,919
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 702
    Given: 0

    Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Had a scrimmage again today it sounds like. The offense did very well... and the defense not so much.

    Wally Burnham sounds VERY concerned at this point about the defense. Said that Frere, Alburtis, and James Smith are banged up... but nothing serious. Said the defense is a major concern right now and they will only be installing about 3/4ths of what they planned on because it's just not sinking in basically? Doesn't sound too promising.

    Herman seemed pretty excited about how the offense is looking. As far as depth chart moves, he said that Money is in the top 3 or 4 right now because he catches everything thrown at him and is much more physical than they thought he would be. Mentioned also that a couple young RBs have moved up the depth chart, but not to number one so he wasn't going to mention any names. Said that some guys just think they can show up and don't have to work.... and that if they don't want to work they will move on without them because we have enough guys that do want to do the work. My guess is that both Beau and James White have moved up and that Bo Williams is probably in the big doghouse? Just a guess.

    Some very interesting points. Doesn't sound good for the defense right now though. Hopefully it's because they are missing so many starters that are dinged up?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 109,217, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,737
    Points
    109,217
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 7

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Bo just isn't suited for this offense, can't catch or block. He is at best #4 on the depth chart right now.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 173,643, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,542
    Points
    173,643
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 151

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    I was really hoping that defense would have stepped it up by now. This is concerning.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,893, Level: 80
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Chizit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Section L, Row 11
    Posts
    4,358
    Points
    66,893
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 26

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    I was really hoping that defense would have stepped it up by now. This is concerning.
    I really thought that our D couldn't go downhill anymore then it has been/is. I guess I'm wrong.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 21,126, Level: 44
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kcclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,801
    Points
    21,126
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 46

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    My first thoughts were Bo as well



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 188,919, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,278
    Points
    188,919
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 702
    Given: 0

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    Bo just isn't suited for this offense, can't catch or block. He is at best #4 on the depth chart right now.
    Agreed. I haven't heard any negative things about Schwartz so far, but Herman was pretty ticked off about one of the RBs it sounded like to me? He also said a couple young RBs have moved up.

    You are right though, Bo Williams is probably not suited at all for this offense. Struggles with catching the ball and pass protecting. Not a good combination for the spread. Poor guy came here because Florida was going to the spread... and now this. However, it doesn't sound like he's been trying too hard either? He could easily be #5 right now behind ARob, Schwartz, Beau, and James White? I thought James White looked VERY quick and agile in some of the practice videos.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 904,815, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    60,328
    Points
    904,815
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,791
    Given: 3,941

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Haven't watched the video yet, but isn't a coach supposed to sound concerned as opposed to just assuming that everything's going to be fine?


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 59,539, Level: 75
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,620
    Points
    59,539
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 2

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Had a scrimmage again today it sounds like. The offense did very well... and the defense not so much.

    Wally Burnham sounds VERY concerned at this point about the defense. Said that Frere, Alburtis, and James Smith are banged up... but nothing serious. Said the defense is a major concern right now and they will only be installing about 3/4ths of what they planned on because it's just not sinking in basically? Doesn't sound too promising.

    Herman seemed pretty excited about how the offense is looking. As far as depth chart moves, he said that Money is in the top 3 or 4 right now because he catches everything thrown at him and is much more physical than they thought he would be. Mentioned also that a couple young RBs have moved up the depth chart, but not to number one so he wasn't going to mention any names. Said that some guys just think they can show up and don't have to work.... and that if they don't want to work they will move on without them because we have enough guys that do want to do the work. My guess is that both Beau and James White have moved up and that Bo Williams is probably in the big doghouse? Just a guess.

    Some very interesting points. Doesn't sound good for the defense right now though. Hopefully it's because they are missing so many starters that are dinged up?

    I wouldn't be overly concerned about this. It was just a few days ago that the roles were reversed - Herman was discouraged and Wally was feeling pretty upbeat. You might say that this is a good sign. The offense is having its moments and the defense is too. Today just happened to be the offense's day.

    The important thing is that that Coach Rhoads says he's feeling pretty good about where the team is right now.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 17,458, Level: 40
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclone1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    965
    Points
    17,458
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 269

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonestate View Post
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about this. It was just a few days ago that the roles were reversed - Herman was discouraged and Wally was feeling pretty upbeat. You might say that this is a good sign. The offense is having its moments and the defense is too. Today just happened to be the offense's day.

    The important thing is that that Coach Rhoads says he's feeling pretty good about where the team is right now.
    I agree. Plus, Wally is not used to having this bad of a defense. He knows what good looks like, and he knows we have a ways to go. But if we can just improve to the 50th worst defense in the country that would be a major improvement!



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 85,409, Level: 90
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,469
    Points
    85,409
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 0

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    I was really hoping that defense would have stepped it up by now. This is concerning.
    Remember that Coach Wally didn't experience what we experienced last year. Perhaps he's disappointed compared to what he's used to at S. Florida and we're ahead of what we were last year. We won't know until September.



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,044, Level: 28
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    335
    Points
    9,044
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Agreed. I haven't heard any negative things about Schwartz so far, but Herman was pretty ticked off about one of the RBs it sounded like to me? He also said a couple young RBs have moved up.

    You are right though, Bo Williams is probably not suited at all for this offense. Struggles with catching the ball and pass protecting. Not a good combination for the spread. Poor guy came here because Florida was going to the spread... and now this. However, it doesn't sound like he's been trying too hard either? He could easily be #5 right now behind ARob, Schwartz, Beau, and James White? I thought James White looked VERY quick and agile in some of the practice videos.
    I'd be very careful about tossing out names of guys that you think aren't working hard. Unless you've been there and watched it with your own eyes, it just seems like a pretty careless and unfactualized(is that even a word?) comments. I watched the videos and didn't see Herman call anyone out by name or position so I'd say just be careful unless you've got some footage or facts to back it up. I'd hate to run down a kid that is busting his but in practice because I drew the wrong conclusions from an interview that may or may not even be shown in it's entirety. Not trying to be rude or a downer just wanting to make sure we're not running down kids for no reason.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 43,091, Level: 64
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    43,091
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 35

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneroyce View Post
    I agree. Plus, Wally is not used to having this bad of a defense. He knows what good looks like, and he knows we have a ways to go. But if we can just improve to the 50th worst defense in the country that would be a major improvement!
    that would be awesome. that would make us like the 2nd or 3rd best defense in the Big 12.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 18,102, Level: 41
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cyfan4good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    622
    Points
    18,102
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 18

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Had a scrimmage again today it sounds like. The offense did very well... and the defense not so much.

    Wally Burnham sounds VERY concerned at this point about the defense. Said that Frere, Alburtis, and James Smith are banged up... but nothing serious. Said the defense is a major concern right now and they will only be installing about 3/4ths of what they planned on because it's just not sinking in basically? Doesn't sound too promising.

    Herman seemed pretty excited about how the offense is looking. As far as depth chart moves, he said that Money is in the top 3 or 4 right now because he catches everything thrown at him and is much more physical than they thought he would be. Mentioned also that a couple young RBs have moved up the depth chart, but not to number one so he wasn't going to mention any names. Said that some guys just think they can show up and don't have to work.... and that if they don't want to work they will move on without them because we have enough guys that do want to do the work. My guess is that both Beau and James White have moved up and that Bo Williams is probably in the big doghouse? Just a guess.

    Some very interesting points. Doesn't sound good for the defense right now though. Hopefully it's because they are missing so many starters that are dinged up?
    If you listen to CPR when asked about Burnham's concerns on defense today he didn't seem as concerned. Herman was the same way, hedged about the offense's performance, and CPR was way more enthused about the O side of the ball than Herman. I think it's just coordinators trying to keep the players working hard more than anything.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 224,613, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,384
    Points
    224,613
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,191
    Given: 796

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    No need for anybody to get too worked up about one scrimmage. Besides, we all know that we have work to do and some issues.

    Nice to hear that Reynolds is looking great. Soaring right up the depth chart, usually when JC transfers do that immediately they have great careers with Iowa State (Dobbins, Seneca, Lloyd).



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 277,348, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,858
    Points
    277,348
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 152

    Re: Very interesting new videos up on cyclones.com

    When we have all our 1's available on D, we are serviceable. Today, not all the 1's were available. Our depth on D is a major problem.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM