Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Did you see the practice video Marquis?

    Jordon Carstens was the same way, quick and nasty! No one wanted to practice against him because you got beat up every play. Write this down, Marquis has a marquee year and moves to the next level.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,726, Level: 74
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clone5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,546
    Points
    57,726
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    He really wasn't utilized very well last year. Put that guy in the slot near the goal line and there aren't many guys who have the strength to cover him over the middle.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 81,539, Level: 88
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,736
    Points
    81,539
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 94

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Didnt someone say that Marquis was in Chizlldik's dog house, or just didnt play him out of preference for others? AA said he has GREAT hands. He's alwasy been a big body for a WR. Even as a Frosh.


    #BEATIOWA

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,726, Level: 74
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clone5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,546
    Points
    57,726
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Didnt someone say that Marquis was in Chizlldik's dog house, or just didnt play him out of preference for others? AA said he has GREAT hands. He's alwasy been a big body for a WR. Even as a Frosh.
    Yes, I think I remember hearing that about Hamilton and Allen Bell. As a group our receivers are solid but there is no Todd Blythe or Lane Danielsen who we know will make a play for us whenever we need it. Hopefully Darks or Hamilton can be that number one guy this year.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 85,096, Level: 90
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,104
    Points
    85,096
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone5 View Post
    Yes, I think I remember hearing that about Hamilton and Allen Bell. As a group our receivers are solid but there is no Todd Blythe or Lane Danielsen who we know will make a play for us whenever we need it. Hopefully Darks or Hamilton can be that number one guy this year.
    Or maybe Money?


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    532
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Katoot View Post
    Did you see the practice video Marquis?

    Jordon Carstens was the same way, quick and nasty! No one wanted to practice against him because you got beat up every play. Write this down, Marquis has a marquee year and moves to the next level.
    Hamilton has pretty much always impressed me. In the ISU vs Iowa game, one of my biggest worries is how Iowa's DBs match up against him. He simply poses too much of a physical presence against them ... could prove to be a very exploitable mismatch for the Cyclones.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 85,096, Level: 90
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,104
    Points
    85,096
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by homerHAWKeye777 View Post
    Hamilton has pretty much always impressed me. In the ISU vs Iowa game, one of my biggest worries is how Iowa's DBs match up against him. He simply poses too much of a physical presence against them ... could prove to be a very exploitable mismatch for the Cyclones.
    A cyclone have a mismatch at any position over his hawkeye counterpart? nnnnaaaahhhh..

    I agree here, too fast for the big LB's, too powerful for the DB's. Hopefully a new set of heralded coaches can learn advantages like that better than a former coach.


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 19,735, Level: 42
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    949
    Points
    19,735
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    Or maybe Money?
    I hope Money plays and contributes a lot, but I don't think he will be out number 1 receiver. I haven't seen him play, but I just don't "expect" to get huge contributions from juco players at the beginning of the season.

    When the season goes on, I hope he improves and turns into someone we can really count on during big 12 play for the next 2 seasons!



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,802, Level: 67
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 548
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    Points
    47,802
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 1

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Anybody know about Donnie Jennert, a tall fast freshman from Florida that hopefully will become a Todd Blythe type of receiver. I know there was some excitement when he committed but haven't heard much about him, and maybe he's behind too many other good receivers right now.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 19,735, Level: 42
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    949
    Points
    19,735
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    Anybody know about Donnie Jennert, a tall fast freshman from Florida that hopefully will become a Todd Blythe type of receiver. I know there was some excitement when he committed but haven't heard much about him, and maybe he's behind too many other good receivers right now.
    I believe it was said that he needs to redshirt to put on some weight. I don't know if he is going to rs for sure, but i remember that being talked about.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcyfan82 View Post
    I believe it was said that he needs to redshirt to put on some weight. I don't know if he is going to rs for sure, but i remember that being talked about.
    Not sure about the RS either..but i talked to him not to long ago and he said he has put on a good 10-15 pounds since he has been here


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 17,344, Level: 40
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 706
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kkise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,067
    Points
    17,344
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 27

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Not sure about the RS either..but i talked to him not to long ago and he said he has put on a good 10-15 pounds since he has been here
    Maybe he is on the Justin Hamilton diet.


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by kkise View Post
    Maybe he is on the Justin Hamilton diet.
    haha maybe.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 17,672, Level: 40
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,304
    Points
    17,672
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Didnt someone say that Marquis was in Chizlldik's dog house, or just didnt play him out of preference for others? AA said he has GREAT hands. He's alwasy been a big body for a WR. Even as a Frosh.
    Do you suppose when Bell and Hamilton looked at Chizik, they saw a naked man and when everyone else looked at him, they saw a guy in royal clothes with a crown on his head? Just wondering.



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 12,248, Level: 33
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    641
    Points
    12,248
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

    Re: Marquis Hamilton, a man amongst boys

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    Do you suppose when Bell and Hamilton looked at Chizik, they saw a naked man and when everyone else looked at him, they saw a guy in royal clothes with a crown on his head? Just wondering.
    So they were in GC's doghouse because Chizik was homophobic?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM