Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Tony Dungy think Vick could sign this week

Tony Dungy thinks Michael Vick will be back in the NFL this season, maybe even this week.
    In a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday, Dungy said Vick will be working from a small list of teams because many do not want to risk a potential backlash from fans.
    Dungy wouldn't divulge which coaches he's spoken with, only that his contact list is longer than the six NFL teams that have not publicly ruled out signing Vick.
    "I've talked to a lot of people and a bunch of coaches who have said 'If it was up to me, we'd pursue it,' " Dungy said. "But this organization can't pursue it. That's how it's going to be."
    "He's talked to a lot of people, and I don't know why I say this, but I think something will happen this week," Dungy said. "All you need is that one team. That is our prayer -- that he finds that one team and that he finds the best opportunity to make it work."

So if I have been following this right no team has worked Vick out but he may sign somewhere this week? Where do you think he will end up?

Starter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Tony Dungy think Vick could sign this week

You'd think this guy murdered Jesus or something. I don't know where he'll go, but he'll end up somewhere eventually, maybe not before the season starts though.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 0

I hope he gets signed. The act was disgusting but there are worse felons in the league.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Posted By Vinnie Iyer sporting news

As a role player, he's a low-risk addition for a playoff contender. He's likely to end up with one of these six teams:

FAVORITES
    Steelers. It takes a strong organization and leadership group to take the chance, and the Super Bowl champs have both. Mike Tomlin, with his Dungy-like demeanor, is the right coach for Vick.
    Patriots. They've made it work with players with checkered pasts before, including Randy Moss. Vick, with his rare running ability, also offers the veteran versatility Bill Belichick loves.

SLEEPERS

Eagles. Schematically, it makes sense for Vick to join a team with a rhythmic passing game that he can pick up quickly. There are also Vick's obvious physical similarities to Donovan McNabb.
    Ravens. GM Ozzie Newsome and coach John Harbaugh have already taken Vick's talents into consideration, and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has the creativity to use Vick wisely.

NOT DEAD YET

Packers. The team currently has a backup quarterback battle, and does not have an athlete for special packages. Although he could help the Pack on the field in many ways, they might not want to deal with the off-field distraction.
    Panthers. With the rumors heating up, coach John Fox addressed whether his team was on the Vick short list on Wednesday. "I don't think we should be high on the radar, but I don't like to eliminate anything." Vick's special skills would have a place with his former NFC South rivals, but it's unlike the franchise to make such a controversial move.

Addict
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 405

Hey if all he had done was instigate a fight that left a man paralyzed or hit someone while sauced behind the wheel he would already have a team.

But seriously I'm not a Vick fan but I think he's done his time and deserves to get a shot. I do however think I'd rather be the second team that signs him, I don't think he'll do much this year.